Profile for Yasser > Reviews

Content by Yasser

Yasser (Dublin, Ireland)

Birkenstock Arizona, Unisex-Adults' Sandals, Brown (DunkelBraun), 42 EU, 8 UK Normal

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 8 Nov. 2015
Love them! Get a size smaller than your usual size.

Bluetooth Transmitter, TaoTronics Portable Wireless Stereo Music Transmitter for 3.5mm Audio Devices: TV, PC, Tablet, MP3/MP4, iPod and other Media Players (Not A Bluetooth Receiver)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

2.0 out of 5 stars When they're fully charged they start streaming annoying sounds like an old broken TV set, 8 Nov. 2015
I use them for my PC to stream audio to my Sony MDR bluetooth headphones. When they're fully charged they start streaming annoying sounds like an old broken TV set. I wouldn't recommend them for that kind of setting.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2015 11:11 AM GMT

DelTex® Small Memory Foam Earphone Tips Sound Isolation Earbuds 4mm-5.5mm Diameter
Offered by DMB Direct

2.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart in 2 months, 8 Nov. 2015
They're only good for 2 months or so, then they fall apart.. I expected something that'll last a bit longer, like 6 months at least.

Sony MDR-ZX770BN Wireless and Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black and Blue
Sony MDR-ZX770BN Wireless and Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black and Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended. Better than the Parrot Zik 2.0 sound and comfort wise, 12 Aug. 2015
I love them. I bought these off of a local store since they were ~30% cheaper (due to Euro/Pound currency difference).
I can not recommend them enough. The only thing I think could be improved is the build quality, but it's decent enough that it doesn't bother me much. The rest is just spot on. Sound quality is excellent, noise cancelling is just right for what I need (office environment). I will try them on a plane soon. I really didn't expect to be this happy considering they're one of the cheapest options in the market with the same set of features + quality + brand. I've worn them for a few hours now and I could still keep them on for hours. Comfort is 5/5. Weight is also perfect.

I tried the Parrot Zik 2.0 before these and returned them for:
1) Weight, 2) Size: they were too small, had lots of pressure on the top of my head. 3) Without the app, they didn't sound good at all. A $9 earbuds sounded better. 4) Battery life: I bought a spare (and returned that too.). 5) When they're off, they're useless. While this Sony pair works just as well when wired/off.

Bottomline, if you want a decent pair of Noise cancelling + wireless headphones at a reasonable price, don't waste your money elsewhere.

Parrot Zik 2.0 by Philippe Starck Wireless Headphones - Black
Parrot Zik 2.0 by Philippe Starck Wireless Headphones - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small. Makes a clicky sound when walking + NC is ON + headphone size is set to largest, 15 July 2015
I just returned these after 1 day of use. Let me write both pros and cons so you have a better picture.

PROS:
- Sounds is very good to excellent, I did not expect this from a bluetooth headset.
- The touch controls are very handy, they worked most of the time as I would expect them to.
- The overall design is beautiful, I would feel good walking around in these, as opposed to any other bluetooth/noise cancelling headphones out there at the time of this review.

CONS:
- Major issue was the size, it's the main reason I returned them. I have a medium sized (tall) head and I had to slide the handle to the front for these to fit - at the largest size setting. It seems like the design and looks were more important than the fit to Parrot's product designers. I would compromise everything but not comfort. I use headphones all day long at work and if the headphones are slightly uncomfortable from the first few minutes of wearing them I would not consider wearing them longer than that and get headaches.
- Second major issue is a clicking sound when I walk in them with Noise Cancellation switched ON. The sound isn't there when NC is off.
- After having these 2 major issues I started researching other user issues to justify returning them - though I was already 80% convinced due to comfort. The other issues long-time users faced was the material quality of the earcups. They basically wear out a few months after use. I would not expect that from such an expensive item!

I didn't like the fact that they sounded awful when switched off. And also didn't like the dependability on the software to make anything useful. If Zik decides to stop this line, current owners are doomed. Unless Zik open sources their app for the developer community to continue app development (still, you'll rely on others being nice enough to do Zik's job in this case).

I would give you 1 advice before buying these: WEAR THEM first! If you suspect you have a medium-to-large head, DO NOT BUY before you try them on.

Nikon 16-35mm F4G ED AF-S VR Zoom Nikkor Lens
Nikon 16-35mm F4G ED AF-S VR Zoom Nikkor Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 July 2013
I'm very satisfied with this lens. I have it on a Nikon D800 and my experience so far as been great. Image quality is spectacular. It is a bit heavy, but it's on the light side compared to other lenses like the Nikkor 85mm f/1.4. I highly recommend it.

ESPRIT Collection Men's 063EO2K010 Short Sleeve Polo Shirt, Royal Blue, Medium
ESPRIT Collection Men's 063EO2K010 Short Sleeve Polo Shirt, Royal Blue, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 14 July 2013
The size is just right and I love the material. color just as in the photo. Quick delivery. Very satisfied with this product.

Klipsch Image S5i Rugged Headphones with 3-Button Mic for iPhone/iPod- Rubber / Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound, but.., 2 Dec. 2011
These produce impressive sound, and they are very comfortable to wear. However, they have the following issues:
1) Internal noise: If you're listening to classical/chillout music, you will notice high internal noise (from the cables). You could solve that with the "sports" fit which is described in the manual, but that has an issue too.
2) "sports" fit: is a joke. They advise you to tilt the earbuds up and put the wire behind your ear, which at first seems to be a great idea. However, once you start walking (not even jogging), the wire is likely to get out of place. You'll spend your walk fixing the wire behind your ear..
3) controls: they're great, but a bit too heavy without the clip.