Profile for ChrisB > Reviews

ChrisB

Rumbullion!, 70cl
Rumbullion!, 70cl

5.0 out of 5 stars delicious!! Lovely winter warmer!!, 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Rumbullion!, 70cl (Wine)
delicious!! Lovely winter warmer!!

SHIELDON iPhone 6s Case, Handmade Wallet Case, Genuine Leather Case, Flip Book Cover with Stand Function, Card Slots, Magnetic Closure, for iPhone 6s / iPhone 6 4.7 inch, Black
Offered by TBC CuteEdison®

4.0 out of 5 stars looks great but magnets a bit rubbish, 19 Feb. 2015
I'm the kind of person who appreciates the look and feel of the iPhone so I hate putting a case on it but after finding out how much it costs to repair the screen I though I'd get one! having this which looks awesome, still cool and feels good in the hand was a big plus and having the ability to use it as a wallet was good too (I hate carrying a wallet and I'm always losing my cards!!

The one big negative is that the magnet which holds the case close isn't very strong and once you put even one card in the card slot it doesn't really work.

Parrot Zik by Philippe Starck Wireless Headphones - Black/Silver
Parrot Zik by Philippe Starck Wireless Headphones - Black/Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars sold them and bought these and these are even better. better sound quality, 10 Sept. 2014
been a wireless beats advocate for years now, they kept breaking, I kept getting sent replacement sets. On the 5th replacement I finally gave up, sold them and bought these and these are even better. better sound quality, removable battery so I can have a fully charged spare waiting amd they still look pretty cool

Doctor Who - 50th Anniversary Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]
Doctor Who - 50th Anniversary Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars terrible packaging, doesn't feel or look special., 10 Sept. 2014
For a "limited edition 50th Anniversary Collector's Edition" I'm pretty disappointed in the packaging. Looks nice but it's really flimsy cardboard, need to open a flat at the top to take the disks out which will easily cause damage over the years. If this was just standard packaging for a regular dvd release I'd still find it disappointing but when this is supposed to be a limited edition collectors edition to celebrate the 50th anniversary of one of the best shows of all time - it's pretty ridiculous that this is the packaging we're given.

Dark Skies: The Complete Series [DVD]
Dark Skies: The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eric Close

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best shows cancelled too soon...ever!, 23 Nov. 2012
Dark Skies is one of my favourite shows of all time. Sadly it only lasted 1 season and was cancelled, robbing us of the shows full 5 year plan - but Season 1 is good enough to warrant owning this DVD. The fantastic performances from the main cast including Eric Close and JT Walsh, to the supporting cast - actors you would have never seen before but who are nwo instantly recognisable as fantastic TV character actors. When the show first aired it got labled as an x-Files rip off, but it's not. Set in the 60's with fantastic costumes and sets - the show follows a couple throughout the 60's as they try to expose and fight against an Alien Invasion already taking place. The show was intended to run 5 season, with each season spanning around a decade and the final season taking place in the early 2000s (which would have caught up with real time) but low ratings and the death of JT Walsh killed any hope of a second season - difficulties obtaining the rights for a DVD release also stopped hopes of some kind of revival for the show.

For those confused about the pilot - I believe the pilot was produced by a different production company than the series so the only reason they were finally able to release this set was an agreement to include the pilot as a separate movie rather than as part of the series.

UFC 2009: Undisputed (PS3)
UFC 2009: Undisputed (PS3)
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome game, amazing graphics, exactly what I wanted from a UFC game!, 23 May 2009
I first bought my PS3 back in 2007 when this game was first announced. As a huge MMA fan I was desperate for a good UFC game. This game was everything I expected, it's difficult and each fighter has a different moveset that has different controls you have to master. You have the option to just have a button mashing punch-up but if you want to do well in the game you have to master the difficult controls.

My only negatives I've found in the game so far is that theres limited game modes to play with the existing roster. With the real fighters in the game you can only play exhibition matches. In career mode you HAVE to use a created fighter. I'd have also liked a tournament mode or maybe the possibility for some open weight class fights - but then this doesn't happen in real UFC any more so didn't really expect it in their game.

Other than the limited game modes, and I've not thoroughly expored the career more yet, the game is fantastic and as a MMA fanatic this is exactly what I wanted from a UFC game!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2009 12:59 PM BST

Complete Buffy Collector's Edition Box Set (Series 1-7) [DVD]
Complete Buffy Collector's Edition Box Set (Series 1-7) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sarah Michelle Gellar

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Box Set For Great Fans od a Great Show!, 8 Nov. 2004
Buffy is one of my favourite shows of alltime. It's exceptionally well acted, with emmy winning writing and wonderful stories that ran for 7 years.
I had all the box set of the original release of the Buffy dvds. I sold them all on e-bay in order to upgrade to this complete set. I saw a preview of this set in a virgin megastore and loved it. The packaging is excelent. It was just a pre-order display copy so I never saw any of the added items such as the book or the disks themselves but it looked like an excelent package and I can't wait for it to arrive. The Previous releases of the buffy sets are good sets with nice packaging although season 1 is in horrible fold out cross packaging and looks totally different from the others and, for anyone who displays your dvds like me, then it messes up the whole shelf....