Profile for DC-K > Reviews

Content by DC-K

DC-K

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
IVSO Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (10.1-Inch) Bluetooth Keyboard Portfolio Case - DETACHABLE Bluetooth Keyboard Stand Case / Cover for Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (Bluetooth Keyboard)
Offered by IVSOTEK UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality keyboard case for the price, I think it's better than the official sony keyboard at half the price, 12 July 2016
Really nice case, gives my Z4 a quality feel. I prefer the case and keyboard to the stock Z4 keyboard because although this one is heavier and lacks a touchpad, it's more stable and offers more pretection. The Z4 case has perfect cut outs and the headphone comment in reviews for the Z2 case does not apply to the Z4. I bought it as a temporary fix while awaiting a repalcement Sony Z4 keyboard but I have kept this one in preference.

Adonit Jot Pro Fine Point Stylus - Black
Adonit Jot Pro Fine Point Stylus - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stylus with a couple of small niggles, 6 July 2016
Using with Sony Z4 tablet running Android Marshmallow. I have found the stylus is comfortable to hold and use for extended periods of time. It's accurate on the screen and I haven't noticed any issues with noise or a risk of scratching. I have a screen protector fitted and this does not cause any problem with the stylus.

My only two issues so far are they the "clip" isn't a clip at all it's a cut out which does not grip a pocket or folder which I think increases the risk of me losing it; and the disc on the tip has flipped off and is very difficult to find.

But as long as I don't lose the stylus or it's tip, I'm very pleased with it.

Newnham DAB Digital FM Portable Radio / Alarm Clock / Rechargeable Battery / Mains Powered - White
Offered by iZilla

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, does the job well, 28 April 2016
I wanted a low cost DAB radio with a rechargeable battery for an electronics project. This is a really good DAb radio for the price. The reception is faultless, the sound level is decent and it worked as I wanted straight out of the box.

It's fair to say it's not the prettiest radio you'll find - but I've not seen or heard a better one for the price, thoroughly recommend.

Zooky® Premium Tempered glass Screen Protector for Sony Xperia Z3 D6603 crystal clear
Offered by Zooky® Gadgets & Accessories

1.0 out of 5 stars No application instructions, gives screen an inconsistent and blemished ..., 19 Feb. 2016
No application instructions, gives screen an inconsistent and blemished look (see photo). I shall be replacing with an alternative ASAP.
Comment Comment | Permalink

HS-2BT Bluetooth Smart Heart Rate Sensor
HS-2BT Bluetooth Smart Heart Rate Sensor
Offered by WTEK

3.0 out of 5 stars Kit fine, documentation poor, overall experience mediocre, 21 Aug. 2015
The kit itself is perfectly OK and seems to do a reasonable job. It is seriously let down by very poor documentation which doesn't even cover the basics of paring the device with your phone. The website is no better and the videos are a triumph of style over substance.

With a good quick start guide and an easy route to suitable apps for a range of platforms it could be a four star product.

OXO Good Grips Nylon Spoon
OXO Good Grips Nylon Spoon

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 July 2015
perfect, robust and excellent value, I'm delighted with this.

Scribble 'Pin It' Cork Noticeboard with Pine Frame, 900x600mm
Scribble 'Pin It' Cork Noticeboard with Pine Frame, 900x600mm

2.0 out of 5 stars Very flimsy feel, the cork is wafer thin and ..., 20 July 2015
Very flimsy feel, the cork is wafer thin and it seems to be mostly cardboard. The notice board was not particularly cheap but it feels very cheap. I don't think it'll last very long and I'll not buy this brand again...

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to apply, seems to offer good protection, good value..., 11 Feb. 2014
Fitted to my Z1 Compact very easily (although it took me two attempts to align it accurately). I had already acquired one minor and one major scratch before buying the screen protector, Even so, the minor scratch is now noticeable and the major scratch is much less obvious (the best thing is to order one before you scratch your phone though).

The protector does not affect either the display image or touch sensitivity.

The protector is well priced and arrived very quickly (ordered Friday, arrived Monday).
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2014 10:31 AM BST

CEntrance HiFi-M8 LX Portable D-A Converter with built in Audiophile headphone amp. USB and Optical inputs. Headphone out on XLR-4 pin 1/4" and 1/8" Jack.
Offered by Planet Gizmo

5.0 out of 5 stars Take desktop audio quality with you wherever you go, 29 Dec. 2013
Having spent the last 18 months building a decent quality home listening environment, I have found my music experience somewhat lacking when on my frequent travels. I have some "hard to drive" headphones and a laptop and phone packed with music which doesn't sound great out of the laptop headphone socket.

I looked at a number of amp and amp/dac solutions and the HiFi-M8 was very well regarded on the fora I inhabit; and now I understand why. The quality of the sound is very impressive across a range of headphones. The LX version I chose takes input from my laptop or my Samsung S4 via USB and my desktop via optical. The battery life is good enough for a long rail journey and there's no problem running it from the mains. The outputs offer balanced listening if headphones require it.

It's not the smallest amp/dac available but it's one of the most powerful portables around and it more than meets my needs.

Ultrasone Signature PRO Closed Headphones with S-Logic PLUS
Ultrasone Signature PRO Closed Headphones with S-Logic PLUS
Offered by Analogue Seduction

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable headphones the best closed cans I've heard, 25 Oct. 2013
I've found myself unable to use custom IEMs and needed to find some high quality portables for my three hours a day on public transport. After lots of research and some excellent help from assorted head-fiers, I settled on these.

My music tends to be expansive american 20th century (Copland, Ives, Gershwin), more minimal (Reich, Stockhausen, Ligeti), and female vocal (Dusty, Roberta Flack).

I've been listening to the Sig Pro non-stop since they arrived, and for my head they are as comfortable as any I've worn. My main home headphones are LCD-2 and I love their sound which seems to work very well for my preferred listening, I didn't expect the new ones to match the LCDs, and they don't, quite. But they are remarkably close. They have quite an open feel for a closed headphone and the Copland and Gershwin feel very spacious. I'm not a major bass head, but I dug out some meatloaf and felt really nice, absolutely bassy enough for me but still strong on the voice. Brass sounds really good, bold and bright - just the way I like it.

Next step, going portable. This was the main reason for buying them so I really needed them to behave nicely with my IBasso DX-100. And they really do. To my ears, they actually work better with the DX-100 than the LCD-2s. They more than match my ACS-T1 CIEMs for comfort and clearly exceed them for sound quality on everything I've listened to so far.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3