Profile for DC-K > Reviews

Content by DC-K

DC-K

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to apply, seems to offer good protection, good value..., 11 Feb. 2014
Fitted to my Z1 Compact very easily (although it took me two attempts to align it accurately). I had already acquired one minor and one major scratch before buying the screen protector, Even so, the minor scratch is now noticeable and the major scratch is much less obvious (the best thing is to order one before you scratch your phone though).

The protector does not affect either the display image or touch sensitivity.

The protector is well priced and arrived very quickly (ordered Friday, arrived Monday).
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2014 10:31 AM BST

CEntrance HiFi-M8 LX Portable D-A Converter with built in Audiophile headphone amp. USB and Optical inputs. Headphone out on XLR-4 pin 1/4" and 1/8" Jack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take desktop audio quality with you wherever you go, 29 Dec. 2013
Having spent the last 18 months building a decent quality home listening environment, I have found my music experience somewhat lacking when on my frequent travels. I have some "hard to drive" headphones and a laptop and phone packed with music which doesn't sound great out of the laptop headphone socket.

I looked at a number of amp and amp/dac solutions and the HiFi-M8 was very well regarded on the fora I inhabit; and now I understand why. The quality of the sound is very impressive across a range of headphones. The LX version I chose takes input from my laptop or my Samsung S4 via USB and my desktop via optical. The battery life is good enough for a long rail journey and there's no problem running it from the mains. The outputs offer balanced listening if headphones require it.

It's not the smallest amp/dac available but it's one of the most powerful portables around and it more than meets my needs.

ULTRASONE SIGNATURE PRO Headphones Pro closed
ULTRASONE SIGNATURE PRO Headphones Pro closed
Offered by Hihi Electronic

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable headphones the best closed cans I've heard, 25 Oct. 2013
I've found myself unable to use custom IEMs and needed to find some high quality portables for my three hours a day on public transport. After lots of research and some excellent help from assorted head-fiers, I settled on these.

My music tends to be expansive american 20th century (Copland, Ives, Gershwin), more minimal (Reich, Stockhausen, Ligeti), and female vocal (Dusty, Roberta Flack).

I've been listening to the Sig Pro non-stop since they arrived, and for my head they are as comfortable as any I've worn. My main home headphones are LCD-2 and I love their sound which seems to work very well for my preferred listening, I didn't expect the new ones to match the LCDs, and they don't, quite. But they are remarkably close. They have quite an open feel for a closed headphone and the Copland and Gershwin feel very spacious. I'm not a major bass head, but I dug out some meatloaf and felt really nice, absolutely bassy enough for me but still strong on the voice. Brass sounds really good, bold and bright - just the way I like it.

Next step, going portable. This was the main reason for buying them so I really needed them to behave nicely with my IBasso DX-100. And they really do. To my ears, they actually work better with the DX-100 than the LCD-2s. They more than match my ACS-T1 CIEMs for comfort and clearly exceed them for sound quality on everything I've listened to so far.

30 Years Of One Man And His Dog [DVD] [2006]
30 Years Of One Man And His Dog [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Ben Fogle

5.0 out of 5 stars bought as a gift, much appreciated by recipient, 5 Mar. 2013
For fans of the show this is the only way to really bring the memories flooding back. To quote the gift's happy receiver "it's much funnier when the sheep do their own thing"...

Kitchen Craft Smart Silicone Rigid Support 1lb Loaf Pan
Kitchen Craft Smart Silicone Rigid Support 1lb Loaf Pan
Offered by The Kitchen Cabinet

4.0 out of 5 stars just what I needed, 5 Mar. 2013
Perfect size for a half-loaf. Performs well, releases loaf beautifully, and stores easily.

Only quibble is that although it may be technically dishwasher proof, the shape of the lip on the metal rigid support means it would retain a fair amount of water when washed.

Kitchen Mysteries: Revealing the Science of Cooking (Arts and Traditions of the Table: Perspectives on Culinary History)

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful read, 5 Mar. 2013
Reminded me of some things I'd forgotten, busted a few myths and taught me things I never knew.

It's easy to dip in and out of and I've marked quite a few passages for future reference.

EAR-WIZ EAR WAX REMOVER - CLEANS EARS GENTLY, SAFELY & EFFECTIVELY
EAR-WIZ EAR WAX REMOVER - CLEANS EARS GENTLY, SAFELY & EFFECTIVELY
Offered by MEDICO

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea but didn't work for my ears, 5 Mar. 2013
Whether this works or not will depend on the shape and size of your ear canals. It didn't suit mine so it's not a lot of use to me.

At least it wasn't very pricey so may be worth a go for some, but I suspect the resale value is low...

Bosch PKP 7.2 LI Cordless Lithium-Ion Glue Gun (discontinued by manufacturer)
Bosch PKP 7.2 LI Cordless Lithium-Ion Glue Gun (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars always ready when needed, 5 Mar. 2013
Bought this as a replacement for an old rechargeable whose batteries were no longer holding charge.

The heat up time is very fast so it's ready to use in a fraction of the time I'm used to. The melt is good and the spread is fine. It's very easy and convenient to use and the glue seems to stick well. I like the stand and the glue stick holder is useful.

SainSmart® C17 Kit with UNO + LCD Keypad Shield + Prototype Shield + Breadboard + Jump Wires for Arduino UNO R3 MEGA Mega2560 Nano DUE Duemilanove AVR ATMEL Robot XBee ZigBee

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice selection, good value, 14 Feb. 2013
This is a really handy selection of components to go with a decent standard board. Sketches to accompany the LCD Keypad shield are on the website so getting it working was simple.

Now being used for a final build of my work in progress.

Kitchen Craft Large Easy Read Chromed Timer
Kitchen Craft Large Easy Read Chromed Timer

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job nicely, 25 Nov. 2011
Bought to replace a broken timer. Compared to its predecessor the display is nice and large, easy to read from any angle and it sits nice and flat on the fridge door, with no movement when you press the buttons.

Times in minutes and seconds; takes an AAA battery which is less fiddly than a CR2032 and is easy to set, start and stop.

My only minor quibble is the alarm volume, if it was a bit louder I'd score it 5 stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3