Profile for Rafael Beijinho > Reviews

Rafael Beijinho (Portugal-Spain)

Two Suns [CD+DVD]
Two Suns [CD+DVD]
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the more original artists in music, these days!, 11 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Two Suns [CD+DVD] (Audio CD)
I came across Bat For Lashes when I went to see the Radiohead gig at London on the summer of 2008, and boy was I in for a surprise. After the gig, I started listening to the, by-then only album Fur and Gold. From tip to toe it was absolutely beautiful. Her lyrics are very deep and her voice is something of a kind. I imediately fell in love and now that I can afford it I bought both of her albums.

By the way, when I first listened to Two Suns I was kind of disappointed, but then I took my time and listened it a couple more times. It's great. And I believe Travelling Woman can be my favourite song of them all, although it's really hard to pick one. It's one (two!!) of those albums where you like each and every song. And that doesn't happen very often. For me, that I can remember right now, it only happens with... Radiohead!!

Plus, the DVD on the special edition is really a plus. Natasha is a very sweet girl, and you really understand more of her songs if you listen to her explanations. By the end of the DVD you really see the big picture. It was very nice, because sometimes we listen to an album and we don't go beyond the 11 or 12 songs, and there's so much more behind that. The DVD really is a glimpse into the creative mind of the artist.

Absolutely 5 star!

Oh, and once again, amazon service proved flawless!