Profile for A. Douglas > Reviews

Content by A. Douglas
Helpful Votes: 2024

A. Douglas (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Charlotte Valkeniers 925 Sterling Silver Round Clear Swarovski Crystal The Vertical Matrix Ring
Price: £95.00 - £102.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be finished better!, 7 Aug. 2017
I was bought this is the gold and whilst it is nice an comfortable, the finish around some of the stones is not quite perfect as you can see glue. Also these are not hallmarked.

Excel Macros for Dummies, 2nd Edition (For Dummies (Computers))
Excel Macros for Dummies, 2nd Edition (For Dummies (Computers))
by Michael Alexander

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a novice like me!, 7 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I work quite a lot with spreadsheets at work but cannot write any macros. I can just about amend one to compare sets of records. I am just not the sort of person to write them. I can't easily use pivot tables either! So many people naturally use them and I struggle. This book is brilliant. it explains what a macro is, how to create one and what file format is essential. It helps you to understand errors you might face too. I like the fact that you can also access dummy files to practice. I tend to realise I need a macro after I've been doing something the long way and someone shows me a quick method! This is a great reference guide that I can keep in my desk at work and dip in and out of. It is so useful for those who just need the basics. once you have the basics you can easily start on the more complex macros if you ever needed them!

Remington AC9140 Proluxe Hair Dryer - Rose Gold
Remington AC9140 Proluxe Hair Dryer - Rose Gold

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks okay but far too loud!, 7 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Described as rose gold, this hair dryer needs to say rose gold accents. it's actually an oyster pink - nearly white which I don't think looks as smart as it could. It comes with the two attachments. It has variable speeds/ heat settings. What I do not like about it is the noise! it is so louder. Louder than my vacuum cleaner. This would wake up the dead! It's like a plane taking off! It would also be nice is a storage box/ pouch - there is no where to store it once out of the box!

Culinare Triple Egg Boiler, White
Culinare Triple Egg Boiler, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab for chicken and duck eggs!, 6 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great teal colour so easy to spot in the kitchen. The three egg spaces have little holes underneath. They will comfortably hold a standard sized egg. They also do hold duck ages which are quite a bit bigger than a chicken egg! This helps you use the right amount of water and therefore boil your eggs quicker!

Pause: How to press pause before life does it for you
Pause: How to press pause before life does it for you
by Danielle Marchant

3.0 out of 5 stars Good reminder but far too much Pause!, 5 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book doesn't tell you anything you don't already know. We are burning ourselves out with our busy lives and need to be able to slow down and take a moment - wherever that moment may be. This book teaches you that you do not need to go to a retreat and you don't need to set aside hours for contemplation. Basically it tells you that we need a moment to breathe. Find time to read a chapter, fid time to do something on your lift of jobs to do etc.

The reason why I have given this 3 stars is because I don't think I have ever read the word 'pause' so much in one book in my life. I get it. 'Pause' is actually a retreat the author created where you can go and relax. This book contains it's principles for you to dip into when you want. If this word wasn't so over used I would have given this book an extra star because when you do want a reminder to take a time out, this book helps you by reminding you of ways to achieve that!

STABILO EASYergo Mechanical Pencil Left Handed, 1.4 mm, Ultramarine/Orange
STABILO EASYergo Mechanical Pencil Left Handed, 1.4 mm, Ultramarine/Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comfort for a left hander!, 1 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wish I had had something like this when I was a child. Being left handed is quite a challenge. Luckily grew up being able to hold a pen properly but this would have helped. It sits nicely in the hand just like the pens. It has little groves for where your finger tips should settle. It has spare leads inside. You press the orange tip to get a longer nib. I like a lot.

Fish Superfish Slickfish Wet-Look Gel 150ml
Fish Superfish Slickfish Wet-Look Gel 150ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, 1 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is quite a thick hair gel which doesn't really leave a 'wet look' to be honest. It smells faintly fruity like most gels of this type. I actually needed to use a fair bit in my hair and it's left feeling heavy so I think it controls fly away due to being so thick and gloopy! It's no better/ worse really than similar gels but it's nothing special. If you have fine hair/ straight hair this is going to weigh it down!

Vanish Pet Expert Powder, 650 g
Vanish Pet Expert Powder, 650 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Cleans well, leaves a fresh scent!, 31 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is very much like shake n vac but in a bag. you sprinkle on your carpet and leave to work for 20 minutes. Despite shaking the bag, it does come out in clumps which is why you have to lightly brush it around the floor. A soft brush works well so you don't end up brushing it away. The powder does stick to the outside of the bag so re-sealing it is a bit annoying as it doesn't stick firmly but I store it on it's side so prevent leakage!

My floor looks very nice and smells clean which is great. No more pet/ shoe print smells.

the bag size is great and will go many rooms. It would be better in a tube dispenser though.

Design Toscano Morning Roundel Plaque by Thorvaldsen, White/Blue
Design Toscano Morning Roundel Plaque by Thorvaldsen, White/Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice relief for your wall, 27 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I didn't really think i'd like this but I do. It is about the size of a medium plate and is a warrior relief. On the back are two holes for hanging. If secured correctly will sit flush against a wall. The blue is a lovely pale blue and the surround is more off white than bright white. Looks lovely on a white or very pale grey/ cream wall.

The Watcher: A dark addictive thriller with the ultimate psychological twist
The Watcher: A dark addictive thriller with the ultimate psychological twist

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow and not twisty!, 24 July 2017
I wasn't blown away by this. I fell for the hype and waited to be addicted to the page turner! I was quite bored reading this book. Lily watches her neighbours and witnesses a crime. She is then obsessed with finding the killer. I found this so difficult to finish. It just seemed to go on but without any substance. The characters are fleeting and not very interesting or dynamic. I was glad to finally finish to be honest. I found it quite a chore.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20