Profile for Alan, L'pool > Reviews

Content by Alan, L'pool

Alan, L'pool

F1 Challenge '99-02 (PC CD)
F1 Challenge '99-02 (PC CD)
Offered by marxwax

5.0 out of 5 stars Old title but still a great f1 game, 28 Oct. 2016
I have played this title on and off for a number of years and still find it a great game to play on the pc (ps2 version was woeful!). Although the graphics are dated, it still delivers on realism. Although no editor to change teams / drivers, you can edit the Wordpad files installed in your games folder to change the points system in line with the current F1 scoring system. You can also edit the track order for each season and also the driving stats for each driver, making the game harder (or easier) as you prefer. there are mods you can download but bit hit or miss whether they work. Does not run on win 10, which I have, but I am setting up a dual o/s system with win XP, which should mean I will be soon be back behind the wheel and losing....badly! If you have an old windows system (up to win 7) definitely worth buying. May work on win 8.1 but not sure. Hope this helps!!

Tassimo Hot Chocolate Mega Pack - Cadbury, Oreo, Milka, Suchard Pods Discs - 40 Servings Total
Offered by Coffee Discs UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good selection of tassimo chocolate drinks!, 8 Feb. 2016
Excellent selection, great value and fast delivery. Many thanks!!

Brisingr: Book Three (The Inheritance Cycle)
Brisingr: Book Three (The Inheritance Cycle)
by Christopher Paolini

5.0 out of 5 stars Brisingr: Book 3, 17 Sept. 2011
This is my first review so hope I'm not boring and hopefully of some small help to you!

Brisingr (admittedly not the easiest name to remember) is Book 3 of a set of 4 books based on a mythological world where dragons, elves, dwarves and men co-exist. Ahhh! I hear you say, this is just a ripoff from Lord of the Rings (LOTR) - right?

Well, the short answer is no.

Yes, there are obvious similiarities with LOTR, but any work in this literary field will always be compared to Tolkien's epic masterpiece, of which I have read time and again.

However, Christopher Paolini's work is a masterpiece in it's own right, and stands up proudly (in my humble opinion) alongside LOTR.

The story is epic, and if you enjoyed the film Eragon, you will be blown away by Book 1 (Eragon) as there are collusal chunks of the book missing from the film, mainly due to the depth of story and the huge variety of characters. If you read the book first then watched the film you'll be forgiven for thinking someone had deleted at least half of the film! That said, I watched the film first and really enjoyed it, which is why I then tried the book. How glad I was that I did!!

Sometimes when an author stretches a story over more than one volume, the story itself is stretched thin. Not the case here, as Mr Paolini just seems to get better and better as he works his way through the series, introducing new characters as you go along. The characters are not always what they appear and you get a sense of complexity about all the characters, big or small. The good guys don't always see eye to eye and you wonder what is lurking below the surface. It is not often an author makes that sort of effort, as most just concentrate on the main character. There are twists and turns galore to keep you on your toes.

Mr Paolini does not spend pages describing something like a sunset, but his literary skills are such that you can picture what is being described in just a few words, and the story flows continously without diverating.

Book 4 (Inheritance) is out in November (I believe) and I'll be getting that strightaway!! Book 2 is called Eldest by the way.

I can't put the book down and if any typo errors in this review it is because I am typing one handed whilst holding the book with my other!

Hope this review helps you and if you do buy the books I hope you enjoy them as much as I am! {:>)