Profile for Al > Reviews

Al (West Midlands, UK)

Ice-Watch Chronograph White Big Plastic Watch CH.WE.B.P
Ice-Watch Chronograph White Big Plastic Watch CH.WE.B.P

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Looking, But...Plastic?, 9 April 2010
The design of the watch itself is great, easy to use as well. My major gripe is that it cost (at the time from Amazon, £125) and when it arrived I was taken aback that the whole watch was plastic. For the price I paid I was expecting a metal watch. It feels a bit flimsy but fits the wrist nicely and I can't deny it does look great. I just feel a bit cheated that it's a bit expensive for the materials used to make it.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay...Breaks Easily Though...., 9 April 2010
This worked great when adjusting the strap sizes on a mens Ice watch and a mens Tag Heuer watch, however on the third use on a mens Storm watch the metal nib had given up and bent out of place. Not very strong at all, good for a couple of uses though.

Beautiful Future
Beautiful Future
Offered by Special Interests

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 July 2008
This review is from: Beautiful Future (Audio CD)
I must admit to being a little bit excited about this release after hearing "Can't Go Back", my purchase of "Riot City Blues" ended up on Amazon Marketplace after less than a week of listening. After listening to "Evil Heat", "XTRMNTR" and I suppose even going back as far as "Vanishing Point", I couldn't take the return to the "Give Out But Don't Give Up" era, so off it went.

So after my first listening to Beautiful Future I didn't get the amazing smack-in-my-face rock and roll goodness that I expected after hearing Can't Go Back. In fact, I had to listen to it a second time as none of the tracks really grabbed my attention.

After a few listens, I can safely say that Can't Look Back is the best track on the album, I might even stretch to say that The Glory of Love is a half decent album track, but that's about it I'm afraid.

This Island Earth [DVD] [1955]
This Island Earth [DVD] [1955]
Dvd ~ Jeff Morrow

4.0 out of 5 stars To DVD at Last..., 26 Mar. 2008
The movie itself a a great example of 50's sci-fi. The only reason the DVD gets 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the actual quality of the DVD release. The Technicolor DVD transfer is good, the colours are bold and the image is sharp. However, I couldn't help but noticing that transfer could have done with some cleaning up, there's an awful lot of wear and tear on the original film which is quite evident in the titles. A more major gripe is the utter lack of DVD extras, not even a theatrical trailer. A bit more effort into producing the DVD would have got this the full whack. In conclusion, the film itself is fantastic, the DVD however is not.

SANDISK CRUZER TAG 4GB
SANDISK CRUZER TAG 4GB

2.0 out of 5 stars Anoying., 29 Jan. 2008
This review is from: SANDISK CRUZER TAG 4GB (Accessory)
It's been a while since I used flash storage, investing in a new laptop I thought I'd purchase some. My Sandisk purchases have worked flawlessly with me in the past when using their SD cards, however, when using their flash storage I'm less than impressed. The stick comes installed with it's own software which takes up a chunk of the memory offered in the price and decides it wants to autostart it's own little desktop menu everytime you plug it in. All I want to do is drag and drop to store files, I'm not interested in any near-to-freeware software Sandisk has to offer. As a memory stick, yeah, it's original looking and it does the job, if not frustratingly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2010 12:22 AM BST

Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder (PC CD)
Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder (PC CD)
Offered by Game World United Kingdom

4.0 out of 5 stars Point and Click...Just Like When I Was a Lad..., 15 Nov. 2007
I purchased 'Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder' by Zoetrope Interactive after playing (and thoroughly enjoying) another Lighthouse Interactive published point 'n click game 'Barrow Hill'.

Now I like FPS shooters as much as the next testosterone pumped 27 year old, but now and again I like to stretch the old brain matter. This game does exactly that and in some parts it isn't very forgiving. The story goes along the lines of you taking the role of Police Detective Harold E. Loreid who is assigned to a murder case, the main suspect being Mr Nolder of the title, a private investigator hired by the victims brother to find, er...The victim. The protagonist delves into a shady Lovecraftian world of conspiracy and horror as he attempts to solve the case and hold onto his sanity.

I found myself having a good old think over several puzzles in the game. The type of puzzles where I have to walk away from the computer to make a cup of tea and have a walk around the house to have a think. There's a method in my madness, because I've completed the bugger using this strategy, you'll be happy to know. Anyhoo, I very much enjoyed this game, there are plenty of unanswered questions at the end and I was very happy to discover that this is actually a first in a trilogy of Loath Nolder titles. Huzzah! Zoetrope Interactive, have a biscuit and a cup of tea on me...