Profile for Claire > Reviews

Claire

A Walk In The Park
A Walk In The Park

3.0 out of 5 stars Under-whelmed, 8 Mar. 2012
I had been eagerly anticipating this book, I haven't read all of Mansell's work but have enjoyed the majority of those I have.

I really enjoyed the start of this book but sadly it soon started to venture down hill. I would have liked for Evie's story to be developed more, as a character I found her entertaining (if desperately hopeless) and frequently found myself thinking "I wonder when we'll hear about her again". Gigi reminded me of a previous Mansell character (sadly the name and book title escapes me) and after a while I found her exhausting. Thrown into the mix is a storyline of a rapper on tour, which to me had no relevance and I could have done without it.

The story in itself felt very disjointed and I didn't find myself empathising with any of the characters, sadly I was just glad to have finished it so I could move onto the next book. Good as a beach read but there are better Mansell books out there.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2012 6:05 PM BST