Profile for Becky P > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
New Fashion Lovely Girl Woman Hooded Raincoat PVC Cute Waterproof Rainwear
New Fashion Lovely Girl Woman Hooded Raincoat PVC Cute Waterproof Rainwear

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, small, not robust, but fun coat, 14 May 2015
The dimensions are as in the product description - make sure you check it carefully though as it is small. But just right for my 13-year old daughter. Cute coat. Unfortunately, what look like pockets are not pockets. And when my daughter tried to open the 'pocket' the stud holding it closed ripped a hole in the coat! The plastic is more flexible than expected, which is good.

Dr Christian's Guide to Growing Up
Dr Christian's Guide to Growing Up
by Dr Christian Jessen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, sensible advice on sensitive subjects from someone you can trust, 28 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My 12 year-old daughter read this avidly from cover to cover. The information is broken up into really short and easy to read sections. I read it too and felt the information and advice was sensible. What I really liked was the fact that Dr Christian is able to put some of his opinion in, and because it's him it has a sincere, kind and authoritative tone and is not patronising. For example, I was very happy to read his advice on avoiding fad diets - much better than hearing it from your mum! This book is probably best for pre-teens to young teens.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars We'll designed, 28 Nov. 2013
Really nicely designed. I like the way the blade fits into the chopping block, it seems much safer to have around. Chops well of course.

5W GU10 LED Replace 50W Halogen High Efficiency LED 400 lumen Warm White Very Bright Fitted with Glass cover
Offered by Strictly Lamps

4.0 out of 5 stars Works we'll in the kitchen, 28 Nov. 2013
The wide angle works much better than spotlight in our kitchen - just what we needed. Warm white gives a softer light. Good value.

Pip, Pip, Hooray! (My Cat Pip)
Pip, Pip, Hooray! (My Cat Pip)
by Hachette Children's Books

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots to look at and lots of cats!, 28 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My 4-year old daughter likes this book and lifting all the flaps and discovering all the little cats. Kids love lots of flaps to look under! I'm not really a fan of the computer-generated basic illustration - but that doesn't bother a 4-year old. Under each of the flaps is a question, along the lines of 'How many kittens are doing the washing up?' That's great, but it gets repetitive as the questions are all very similar. Sometimes there are really too many things for a young child to count, so I don't think the educational content has been thought out carefully. And sometimes the questions are confusing. So I now skip most of the questions and we just enjoy lifting the flaps.

The Art of Assertiveness
The Art of Assertiveness
by Joanna Crosse
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars helpful, constructive - and I listened to the end!, 19 Jun. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The trouble I always have with 'self-help' books is that I never find the time to finish them! This CD lasts 45 minutes and I've listened to it all the way through - twice! - while commuting. Although I thought I knew about assertiveness, aggressive behaviour, passive behaviour etc, I didn't really know what they mean in practice, and this book/CD has helped me in understanding the definitions a lot more clearly. There are short, constructive tips for how to change how you express yourself in order to be true to yourself and express your feelings clearly. I have already put these to use. There is just enough information here so that you can learn and take it in, but don't get bogged down - and it leaves you wanting to learn more - in a positive way!

Iams Dry Cat Food Adult Chicken 3 Kg (Pack of 3)
Iams Dry Cat Food Adult Chicken 3 Kg (Pack of 3)
Offered by RM English & Son

5.0 out of 5 stars happy cat!, 5 Jun. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not sure what else I can say about this except for that my cat likes it and this is an economical way to buy - as long as you have space to store it!

You've Got Talent
You've Got Talent
by DK

3.0 out of 5 stars Somehow didn't hit the mark, 18 May 2013
This review is from: You've Got Talent (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter just didn't really get this book. She loves performing and watches all the talent shows on TV but just wasn't interested in this. I found the layout and design of the book a bit dated and unattractive. But there's a lot in it.

The Giant Jam Sandwich
The Giant Jam Sandwich
by Janet Burroway

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!, 18 May 2013
This review is from: The Giant Jam Sandwich (Paperback)
This book is a classic in my opinion and really enjoyable to read aloud to your children. Some of the lines have become family jokes as we know them so well.

Making Love: A Conspiracy Of The Heart
Making Love: A Conspiracy Of The Heart
by Marius Brill

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, original, funny!, 18 May 2013
An unusual and original book. Really funny, occasionally too gross in a bit of a boys' humour way, but mostly intriguing and enjoyable to read. It really picks up the pace about half-way through and after that I didn't want put it down. I read this with my book group and the general opinion was that it was a four-out-five-stars good read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3