Profile for Tapenade > Reviews

Content by Tapenade

Tapenade (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Carrera E0425 Joy Ladies MTB Helmet with Rear Light - White/Grey, Small/Medium 54-57 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 8 Sept. 2015
Lovely helmet, very comfortable to wear thanks to the adjustable little wheel at the back. It comes with a little light that you can switch on/off in your helmet. Wonderful idea, but so dim it's not that useful.

Sennheiser MX 365 Color it Loud In-Ear Earphones - Red
Sennheiser MX 365 Color it Loud In-Ear Earphones - Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, not cheerful, 8 Sept. 2015
Rather uncomfortable to wear, especially in the gym/running. They feel a bit - well - cheap. Which they were...

VAUDE Cycle Bag 22 litre
VAUDE Cycle Bag 22 litre

4.0 out of 5 stars Very practical, 8 Sept. 2015
OK, this is neither the most fashionable rucksack, nor the most sleek pannier bag. However, it is quite handsome and does the trick. The bag sits very securely on the rack (yes, the bottom hook is ill-designed but also absolutely unnecessary as the top hooks secure it really neatly). It is water proof and very visible with the high-vis strips and the waterproof cover. I may not be able to change from pannier bag to rucksack automatically, but it doesn't take much fiddling either and I have found the possibility of doing so absolutely useful. The only drawback is perhaps capacity, but it suits my commuting needs and Vaude has bigger models for those who need to transport more stuff.

Lacor-67007-MEASURING CUP 4 PCS. SET S/S. 18%Cr.
Lacor-67007-MEASURING CUP 4 PCS. SET S/S. 18%Cr.

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfactory, 8 Sept. 2015
Good set, although they do feel rougher than they look on the inside.

Raleigh RSP Silicone Ultra Front and Rear Bicycle Cycling USB Rechargeable Bike Lightset

3.0 out of 5 stars Great front light / rear light stopped working after 2 months, 8 Sept. 2015
For: The front light is really powerful, not only makes you visible but also lights up the way for you. I've had it for 10 months and it is what made this purchase worthwhile.
Against: The rear light was quite weak to begin with, but it also stopped working after two months. I was too busy to contact seller, so I'm not sure what the response would have been. Other cons: the front light grip is very wide, so much so that it slips off my handlebars when mounted directly on the handlebar. It used to end up pointing up to my wheel or the sky, but now mount it on a pre-existing light mount for extra support.

PowerPoint Remote with Air Mouse - August LP315 - Control your Computer Presentations with Ease - Wireless Presentation Clicker with Rechargeable Battery
Offered by Daffodil UK

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of my money, 16 April 2015
I used it twice, but after that it stopped working... waste of my money!

The low FODMAP cookbook
The low FODMAP cookbook

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that low on FODMAP foods..., 5 Nov. 2013
Doesn't do what it says on the tin. A FODMAP exclusion diet should not contain dairy, or chocolate, amongst others, and this book has plenty of recipes including high FODMAPS ingredients. I could understand that this book was put together before recent studies (for example, cocoa tested as a high in fructans and galactans at the Monash University lab in summer 2013, and hte book contains many recipes with chocolate). However, the amounts of butter included in recipes (some of them up to 150 gr) made them impracticable for someone undergoing the exclusion period of the FODMAP diet, or somebody who's indeed found out that lactose intolerance/malabsorption is one of their problems. Recipes also include vegetables that are not recommended or can only be taken in very small portions in a FODMAP diet. Not much thought given to vegetarian diets either... but at least I got some ideas that I will then have to modify in order to be able to follow the FODMAP diet properly.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars It leaks, 12 April 2013
Like others here have said, it's a lovely item that is sometimes hard to open and other times... it leaks. I now have resorted to put mine inside a plastic bag so that I can carry it in handbag or my computer bag, and I absolutely hate having to put my hands inside the wet plastic bag on those occasions when the thing has decided to let out some coffee. Doing research for a new one - this one, with a screw-in lid, I think.

Amazon Kindle Touch Leather Case (4th generation - 2011 release), Wine Purple
Amazon Kindle Touch Leather Case (4th generation - 2011 release), Wine Purple

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product but too expensive!, 3 Nov. 2012
This case fits my Kindle Touch snugly, and feels both soft and sturdy (although I still transport my Kindle in a bubble-wrapped envelope, as I don't think this would actually protect the screen from impact). It's much better than other covers I have seen around with the elasticated corners. The downside is that is ridiculously expensive for what it is!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It's got the looks but not that useful, 3 Nov. 2012
Beautiful seed organiser yet what an annoying lid! When I first read the reviews commenting on how useful a hinged one would have been, I though I wouldn't mind if the lid wasn't attached to the box. But never mind the hinge: the lid doesn't even fit properly! Some rubber rim could have helped to secure it in place. What is the point of a gorgeous seed organiser if the top does not sit on it securely? Got mine tied with a piece of string now. Rustic look all right, but not exactly what I had in mind when I spent over £21. Inside the box, the divisions are helpful but it is true that the monthly divisions feel and look flimsy. All in all, a shame: this has the potential for being a lovely piece for any gardener or allotment aficionado with some interest in vintage aesthetics, but functionality should have come first.

Page: 1 | 2