Profile for Whisky > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
A Sister's Gift
A Sister's Gift

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Jodi Picoult!, 9 Mar. 2012
This review is from: A Sister's Gift (Kindle Edition)
She really knows how to write a book with great beginning, middle and end including all the ingredients which make a book unputdownable!

Little Face: Culver Valley Crime Book 1
Little Face: Culver Valley Crime Book 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read!, 9 Mar. 2012
After attending a Sophie Hannah evening at my local library, I purchased A Point Of Rescue which introduced me to her style of writing.

I enjoyed this much better however...simpler to read but still as compelling :)

Dairy and Egg Free Cake Recipes
Dairy and Egg Free Cake Recipes

3.0 out of 5 stars Not all I was hoping for - expecting too much?!, 9 Mar. 2012
This book reads great on the reverse but did not live up to expectation in kindle format - cannot tell very easily which recipes include what such as soya, milk, etc. as written faintly at the end.

Had to read the recipe for that detail of information which made it fustrating.

That said, recipes are good once you can work out which ones are for you.

Hotel Vendome
Hotel Vendome

5.0 out of 5 stars Danielle Steel Fan!, 9 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Hotel Vendome (Kindle Edition)
I have read all of Danielle Steels books so far and loved all of them - this was no exception.

Easy to read with a cast of great characters who you come to love and sometimes lose all written by a great authoress.

Highly recommended read!

44 Charles Street
44 Charles Street

5.0 out of 5 stars Danielle Steel Fan!, 9 Mar. 2012
This review is from: 44 Charles Street (Kindle Edition)

Highly recommended read!

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy)
Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply The Best!, 9 Mar. 2012
I was unsure whether to read this due to its content and me being a bit squeamish since I have had children - got a free sample on my kindle and was immediately hooked.

The entire trilogy is AMAZING and is a must read - actually looking forward to the movie now...a trailer for which got me interested in the book in the first place :)

Catching Fire
Catching Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply The Best!, 9 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Catching Fire (Kindle Edition)

On the Night You Were Born
On the Night You Were Born
by Nancy Tillman
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - would make anyone feel special!, 9 Mar. 2012
Really easy to read/understand and even though only available on board book format, my daughter loved this when I gave it to her for her fifth birthday.

The Graveyard Book
The Graveyard Book

5.0 out of 5 stars New to Neil Gaiman..., 9 Mar. 2012
Had never heard of Neil Gaiman until a friend recoomended daily deals on kindle and I tried this book - so very glad I did.

Fantastic plot and well executed cast of characters portrayed wonderfully throughout.

I am looking forward to reading another with my book group.

Plan C: Just in Case (Bloomsbury Reader)
Plan C: Just in Case (Bloomsbury Reader)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 9 Mar. 2012
Just could not get into this one no matter how hard I tried and I have read some apathetic similar books which I finished easily in the past.

Do not recommend if you expect to get something out of a book :(

Page: 1 | 2 | 3