Profile for Ms. Aileen Mccauley > Reviews

Content by Ms. Aileen Mcc...

Ms. Aileen Mccauley

I Think, I Am!
I Think, I Am!
by Louise Hay

3.0 out of 5 stars confidence., 6 Feb. 2013
This review is from: I Think, I Am! (Hardcover)
Bought to help a little girl try and overcome the effects of bullying.Think it is a lovely book and beautifully illustrated.I am not sure if She was quite ready for it.I think that it was maybe a bit too complicated for her to understand.Maybe more suited to getting read to her 1st.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Snow chains, 6 Feb. 2013
These saved my sanity.We live 500 feet above sea level up a steep hill.If I didn't have these to put on We would have to have moved out as our track was impossible to negotiate normally.They are sturdy and very easy to put on and remove.I would recommend them to everyone who needs them.

Confident Children: Help children feel good about themselves
Confident Children: Help children feel good about themselves
by Gael Lindenfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful to all people who are in cotact with children., 6 Feb. 2013
I would recommend this book ,not just to parents,but to teachers,youth workers and anyone who cares about the self esteem of children and young people that they come into contact.I think that self esteem should be part of our curriculum as it seems to so sadly lacking from many peoples lives.This book shows many ways to help build and repair the basic ingredient that we all need to treat each other more kindly, That ingredient is self esteem.

Raising Boys: Why Boys Are Different - And How To Help Them Become Happy And Well-Balanced Men
by Steve Biddulph

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful and insightful, 6 Feb. 2013
I am so glad I got this book as it has helped me understand My son so much better.It has also helped me be a better parent too.Which is all I really want to be.I would recommend to all parents ,not just the ones with boys.

Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child
Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child
by Ed D Robert J MacKenzie

5.0 out of 5 stars Very strong willed., 6 Feb. 2013
Brilliant book,have started using some of the tips and techniques with my daughter,What a difference! Hardly any "I hate you" any more.Instead, lots of hugs = a happy Me and hopefully a happy Girl.

Raising Girls: Why girls are different - and how to help them grow up happy and confident
by Gisela Preuschoff

5.0 out of 5 stars Raising My awareness,, 31 Jan. 2013
This book has changed completely how I interact with My daughter.I was getting so much wrong and We were constantly at loggerheads.I am more aware of the impact I have and where she is coming from.Thankyou for putting Me on the right track.

Vortigern Replacement Safety Enclosure Netting for 8ft Diameter Trampoline - poles not included

5.0 out of 5 stars happy bouncy bairns, 3 Aug. 2011
The net arrived quickly within the dates given.It was easily enough to replace onto the frame.it is well made and my children haven't stopped bouncing since we got it.

How to Raise a Happy Child: Effective Strategies for Ensuring the Psychological Well-being of Your Child, from Birth to Adulthood
by Javad H. Kashani

4.0 out of 5 stars hopefully life changing., 3 Aug. 2011
This book is already helping me to build confidence and self esteem in my children.It is well written and very easy to impliment the ideas put forward,also you can dip in and out of it when you want.
How to Raise an Emotionally Happy and Healthy Child