Profile for J > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
3.5 Inch HDD Hard Disk Drive Enclosure Tank Case Orange
3.5 Inch HDD Hard Disk Drive Enclosure Tank Case Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a case to store a 3.5 inch hard drive., 27 Feb. 2014
Does exactly what it should do. It prevents the drive from rattling around inside and is made of a sturdy plastic.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2014 6:53 PM GMT

Hacking: The Art of Exploitation, 2nd Edition
Hacking: The Art of Exploitation, 2nd Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars The Nuts ... (and bolts), 27 Feb. 2014
This is a great read for people who want to know the nuts and bolts of exploitation. If you want to know how to 'hack facebook' ... look elsewhere! but, if you are interested in how programs, networks and computers work from a very fundamental level, I would recommend this book.
Some programming experience would be helpful, but you don't have to be a programmer (I'm not) to get something out of this.

Once again, I would recommend this book to people who have a curiosity and interest in how things work.

12 Gauge Spent Shell (Image Only) Bullet Ammo Gun Round Cufflink Set - Silver
12 Gauge Spent Shell (Image Only) Bullet Ammo Gun Round Cufflink Set - Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars Not actual spent shells, 17 Dec. 2013
Ok, so I bought these as a light hearted present for someone who would know what they were. Didn't expect much for the price, hence my rating of "It's ok". The shell part of the cuff links appears to be an inkjet printed image, encased in a clear resin bubble. From a distance they look passable, but you don't have to get too close to know that, not all is as it seems.
They work for my purposes, but don't buy them thinking they are made from actual shotgun shells.
Delivered in good time, with good packaging.

Pitch Anything: An Innovative Method for Presenting, Persuading, and Winning the Deal (Business Skills and Development)

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting approach, but not for the faint hearted, 9 April 2013
Oren provides some very interesting and (obviously) compelling approaches to the art of the pitch. I would say that you need alot of confidence to follow through on his advice and it does remind me of Mr Potter's One Upmanship. I have read it twice now and will eventually summon the courage to try it.

Billingham Hadley Pro Camera Bag (Khaki Canvas / Tan Leather)
Billingham Hadley Pro Camera Bag (Khaki Canvas / Tan Leather)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me, 9 April 2013
I have always preferred the "Man Bag" to a ruck sack whilst traveling. All I need are 2 pockets (as i forget where things are when I have more) and 1 internal space for my equipment. Being able to reconfigure the inside so that on one trip I can take a laptop and notebook or change it if I need to take some cameras and lenses. Water resistent and very durable. I envision this bag lasting many years and it can only improve its appearance with age. Should it ware out, I would get another one without a second thought.

Sony BDVE280.CEK 3D Blu-Ray Disc/DVD 5.1ch Home Cinema BRAVIA Internet Video with iPod Dock

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 April 2013
My first home cinema setup. Using an Optima projector for our living room wall, this system is easily superior to built in, TV speakers. You really understand why Blu-ray and Surround sound in the home make such a difference. I can't compare this to other, more expensive systems as I haven't used them but, what I can say is that this sounds great and really adds to the home movie experience. PLUS! it has BBC iPlayer, Five OD and LoveFilm Apps built in (although we had to purchase the USB WiFi connector) and will play MKV from a suitably formatted external USB hard drive.

GMYLE® Ultra Thin Wired USB Mini Keyboard - Metallic Silver + White
GMYLE® Ultra Thin Wired USB Mini Keyboard - Metallic Silver + White
Offered by megashop

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for Raspberry Pi, 9 April 2013
Bought this for use with the Raspberry Pi. Works no problem and I can convince myself I'm typing on a mac keyboard (although it is not made of metal, it is plastic. But that doesn't really matter to me)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I just had to, 9 April 2013
Great idea, Great device. Constantly expanding and developing, the Pi will eventually take over the world and be installed in every device, everywhere. A fantastic way into the world of programming, robotics, computers. The only problem is that there are too many things you can do with it.

PCSL / Adafruit Black - Case / Box / Enclosure for Raspberry Pi Computers - Mr Raspberry's Fantastic Case - Manufactured in the UK with permission by Adafruit Industries - Licensed Product - FREE Amazon UK Delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to do it, 9 April 2013
It was so cheep, I just had to try it. Does a great job of enclosing the RPi and providing access to all of the ports. The Pi does rattle around IF YOU SHAKE IT! - but why would you do that? I just want to make the point that this does not lock the Pi down, but it does hold it well and looks good.

Manfrotto 394 RC4 Low Profile Rectangular Rapid Connect Adapter With 410pl Plate

5.0 out of 5 stars Click in quickly, 9 April 2013
We have these on all of our tripods and cameras. Ensuring that any camera can fit into any tripod at a moments notice. Nice design and a very low profile. Also a very solid design.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3