Profile for Toots > Reviews

Content by Toots

Toots

Page: 1 | 2
Nextbase Car Camera Hard Wire Kit - For Nextbase 512GW, 512G, 402G, 412GW, 312GW, 302G, 212, 202, 101, 112 and DUO in car cameras
Offered by iZilla

5.0 out of 5 stars A quick google visit to a couple of Jaguar websites helped me to safely remove the glovebox offering easy access to the cigar lighter fuseway and a suitable ..., 20 Sept. 2017
I wanted to tidy up the Next Base 312GW dash cam set-up in my X Type Jaguar and free up the cigar lighter socket for other purposes. I confess to being a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews but went ahead and ordered the Next Base hard wire kit. Using my vehicle handbook to locate and identify the fuse box and individual fuse was simple. A quick google visit to a couple of Jaguar websites helped me to safely remove the glovebox offering easy access to the cigar lighter fuseway and a suitable earthing point (to the right of the fuses). After testing the connections using a multimeter I tucked away the wire under the windscreen and side pillar trim (starting at the camera mount end), refitted the glove box, mounted the camera, switched on the ignition and all was well. The procedure took me a little longer than some, (according to other reviews), but I am delighted with the very tidy results. Just returned from a nine day trip to Germany and the camera worked flawlessly. Incidentally, earlier reviewers have pointed out that mini fuses and carriers are not included in the kit. This has now been corrected and fuses plus carriers for both sizes are provided plus very easy to understand instructions.

Kärcher WV5 Premium Window Vac
Kärcher WV5 Premium Window Vac

5.0 out of 5 stars ) Thought my windows didn't look too bad until I bought this lovely toy, 15 May 2017
This is just the bees knees! Borrowed one from my friend on Wednesday, tried it on one large conservatory window that evening. Returned to her on Thursday, ordered mine the same day and it arrived on Friday. Cleaned all my windows on Saturday (inside) in ¾ hour, then danced around the rooms. (I must admit I danced only after I got over the shame of the colour of water in the vac - it was gross!) Thought my windows didn't look too bad until I bought this lovely toy. Anyway, my friend popped round on Sunday, borrowed mine, returned it later in the afternoon and I have just ordered one for her - it should arrive tomorrow. I was quite happy to see her water in the vac was as bad, if not darker than mine...
A friend at work is borrowing mine tomorrow. I should be on commission!!! Brilliant machine, I love it.

Alison Gardiner Choir Boy and Angels Wax Advent Candle 29.5 centimetre
Alison Gardiner Choir Boy and Angels Wax Advent Candle 29.5 centimetre
Offered by Alison Gardiner

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavenly advent candle, 5 Feb. 2017
Our daughter loved this candle - one of the best ones she has had she said and as I have been buying one for her for 42 years, she should know! She humours me at Christmas bless her - I haven't grown up....! It lasts a long time between the number burn countdown and apparently doesn't leave wax all over the place. i will be buying again next Christmas. Thanks very much.

Bella Multi-Function Electric 6 Litre Pressure and Slow Cooker - Cooks Your Food 70% Faster Than Conventional Ovens (1000W Power)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely gadget, 5 Feb. 2017
I had a Prestige hi dome but now we have an induction hob it won't work. My husband found this jobby thinking it might do the trick and, my word, was he right. I used it yesterday for the first time with a little trepidation although I don't know why as in hindsight as it is incredibly simple to use. I softened onions, celery, garlic, carrot and herbs on the saute setting, added the meat, browned that before adding 2 cups of stock. Bunged on the lid, turned the little doofer on the lid to pressure, pressed the 'pressure cook' button, pressed the timer for 20 minutes, the led timer illuminated and a light goes round until the pressure is built then the timer counts down. Easy peasy! I have to say it is very quiet compared to the Prestige pan, which used to hiss like a demented snake. 20 minutes later, beef stew for supper. There is also a trivet on which to put vegetables if you want to do an all in one meal and Bob's your uncle! It is large beast - approx 35cm high by 33 wide (those measurements include the handles) but it fits under our wall cupboards on the worktop with space to spare. I like a minimalist look in my kitchen so intend to jiggle and pop it in a cupboard but with easy access as I will use it frequently. You don't need to hold it under a cold tap either to reduce pressure. You can turn the doofer on the lid to release the pressure and steam does come out like a geyser at Yellowstone Park or you can just turn off and wait for it to reduce pressure naturally. There is also a keep warm function, which can be turned off if you wish. There are measurements on the non-stick bowl which is helpful when adding fluid, a small measuring jug and a rice spoon, not found use for that with the pressure cooker yet but it is nestling nicely in my flour jar! The non-stick cooking bowl is also removable for very easy cleaning. I won't use metal implements, just in case I damage the surface. Delivery was swift, the price was the best I have seen for this item and I am absolutely delighted so thank you very much MPL home Ltd. I intend making chicken and veg soup and rice pudding in it today, so hopefully I won't be coming back with an amendment saying I'm up the ladder scraping soup off the ceiling! I am a very happy camper....!

The Sixth Sense [DVD] [1999]
The Sixth Sense [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Bruce Willis
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film - should have watched it years ago, 8 Aug. 2016
This review is from: The Sixth Sense [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
Received next day thanks very much.
Great film - should have watched it years ago.

Pavarotti: The Last Tenor [DVD] [2005]
Pavarotti: The Last Tenor [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Ian McKellen

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Bought this for my friend who cried when ..., 6 April 2016
Brilliant. Bought this for my friend who cried when she watched it. She is a great Pavarotti fan and said the DVD shows who the master is. Sorry I can't say more about the DVD other than she said it was one of the best ones she had of him. Hope that helps!

MOFRED® Black & Tan iPad Air 2 (Launched 2014) Leather Case-MOFRED®- Executive Multi Function Leather Standby Case for Apple iPad Air 2 with Built-in magnet for Sleep & Awake Feature -- Independently Voted by "The Daily Telegraph" as #1 iPad Air 2 Case!
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy birthday girl, 6 April 2016
Bought this for my daughter's birthday and she absolutely loves it! It arrived incredibly swiftly after with a two day delivery from time of ordering) and she is thrilled with it. I have to admit I wasn't sure whether to go for this one or the Apple cover but I took a chance and she is delighted that I did. It is a very snug fit for her iPad air 2 and she told me it had two pop-out sections for the speakers and the sound is brilliant - not muffled at all. She is able to plug her headphones in easily and she loves the built-in stand and is tickled with the slot for papers etc. Thanks very much indeed - great service and my 43 year old child is a very happy birthday bunny!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My great nieces and great nephew loved this chocolate pizza which ..., 30 Mar. 2016
My great nieces and great nephew loved this chocolate pizza which I ordered for Easter. (I think I actually ordered two from this company but was only asked to review this one, although they did receive two). I get stuck every year wondering what sort of eggs to buy them and thought this was a good way out. They are 8, 13 & 17 and guzzled the lot on Good Friday let alone Easter Sunday! Very quick delivery, excellent chocolate which they said was gorgeous and they loved the novelty aspect. Would definitely buy again. Ordered on Maundy Thursday, delivered Good Friday morning and eaten by Friday lunchtime. What more can I say other than thanks very much for an excellent service.

New Year's Concert 2001 (Harnoncourt) [DVD AUDIO]
New Year's Concert 2001 (Harnoncourt) [DVD AUDIO]

1.0 out of 5 stars I am very disappointed. The delivery was made swiftly and was well ..., 4 Sept. 2015
This may be my fault but I had never heard of a DVD audio disc before. To me, a DVD is that, a disc where you see the moving orchestra playing not a CD with a still picture of Strauss on the television screen. I bought this on behalf of my friend who does not have a computer and I was so embarrassed that it was over £20 for what is basically a CD.

She had tried it in her DVD player so felt that I could not ask for a refund, even though it was only played for a couple of minutes. I am very disappointed.

The delivery was made swiftly and was well packaged but for the reasons above I can only give this item 1 star.

Tous les garçons et les Filles
Tous les garçons et les Filles

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this song when it first came out and had ..., 17 Oct. 2014
I loved this song when it first came out and had forgotten all about it. Took me back years, it's amazing how both my sister and I could remember the words or near enough anyway to keep us singing along. Oh those happy days!

Page: 1 | 2