Profile for Mrs. A. F. Harris > Reviews

Content by Mrs. A. F. Harris

Mrs. A. F. Harris "Scots Girl adrift" (UK/)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 April 2015
Great stuff! I can watch my tele again.

Ancestors in the Arctic: A Photographic History of Dundee Whaling
Ancestors in the Arctic: A Photographic History of Dundee Whaling
by Malcolm George Archibald

5.0 out of 5 stars Intruiguing book, 4 May 2014
I bought this as my Grandfather was on the whalers at the turn of the century, and one picture in particular shows a young man who looks very like my son at the same age (in his 20's) but unfortunately the pic does not say who the men are.
It offers a great insight to the lives of the whaling men and the hardships they endured. Fantastic find of a book.!!!

The Condition of the Working Class in England (Oxford World's Classics)
The Condition of the Working Class in England (Oxford World's Classics)
by Friedrich Engels

4.0 out of 5 stars Had heard of Engles but had never read anything of his., 30 Sept. 2013
What an eye opener of a book which was written over a hundred years ago. Our politians should read it! Many of the problems and condition of peoples lives are still going on NOW. What an indictment on successive governments. I would recommend this book to any one studying social history

Victorian Cities (Pelican)
Victorian Cities (Pelican)
by Asa Briggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great insight to victorian life., 30 Sept. 2013
I chose this rating because I had the honour of meeting Asa Briggs at OU. He is quite a character and is just a mine of information as is this book. Anyone studying the victorians must read this book.

A Fine Brother: The Life of Captain Flora Sandes
A Fine Brother: The Life of Captain Flora Sandes
by Louise Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 30 Sept. 2013
Great read and full of information about this very brave lady. Not enough is put into prin t about the women who serve their countries during conflicts, be them soldiers nurses etc. I would recommend this book to any history buff interested in the great war.

The Shocking Miss Emerald
The Shocking Miss Emerald
Offered by Media And Entertainmemt Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic singer Miss Emerald is!, 9 Jun. 2013
Fantastic CD, I cant stop playing it. Even my son loves it. I found myself grinning as I was listening to this album because it is so infectious. Lyrics are great and sum up a lot of situations for women. I particularly like Liguid Lunch., it makes me laugh. More please Miss Emerald.

Vibrant Acrylics
Vibrant Acrylics
by Hashim Akib

5.0 out of 5 stars Hash is brilliant., 9 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Vibrant Acrylics (Paperback)
Have been to one of Hashim's demos. He just makes it all look so easy. I love the brilliant colours and they way way he does not mess around with them and try to make it all something very mysterious. Painting is something you have to work at and Hash has obviously done just that. Brilliant book

Deleted Scenes From The Cutting Room Floor
Deleted Scenes From The Cutting Room Floor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Singer, 9 Jun. 2013
I love the lyrics and the music. Miss Emerald is a breath of fresh air after all they boy bands and grunty music we have been getting lately. Fantasic album.

Mens / Womens / Unisex Fleece Lined Wellies - Wellington Boots / Wellys (817)-Sizes 4-11. Keep your feet warm. (Size 10)

4.0 out of 5 stars Wellies for my son in law in the garden., 9 Mar. 2013
Greatvalue for money - sizing a bit on the small side so would recommend a size larger than required, but overall does the job

The Voyage of the Discovery (Wordsworth Classics of World Literature)
The Voyage of the Discovery (Wordsworth Classics of World Literature)
by Robert Falcon Scott

4.0 out of 5 stars Captain Scott - extraordinary, 9 Mar. 2013
Excellent read full of information straight from the diaries. Spot on!
Would be excellent for a trip to Dundee to view the stuff at Discovery Point