Profile for Anjy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Food Tongs 23cm
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Food Tongs 23cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good pair of tongs, 10 July 2015
Really good pair of tongs, but 23cm really isn't that long when you're using them - take into account that your hand will probably hold about 10cm of that length. It's short enough that I need to be careful when using it to flip frying meat - I would have to buy another, longer pair to use around a barbecue or something. My only problem is that sometimes the sliding locking thing falls down when I'm using them and I have to push it back up.

Sapphire Collection 18 cm Non Stick Sauce Pan
Sapphire Collection 18 cm Non Stick Sauce Pan

3.0 out of 5 stars Roughly 1.5 litre saucepan, 10 July 2015
This is a very light saucepan and the edges are quite thin, but sturdy. The base is nice and flat, which was a problem with my old saucepan - the bottom was so curved that it spun around on the hob. It's not a very deep saucepan and I remember when I purchased it I was unclear on what 18cm actually referred to. Well, the diameter of the inside of the pan is actually just under 17cm, and it is almost 8cm deep. So it seems that 18cm is roughly the diagonal measurement of the pan. Basically, I can put 1.5l of water in this without worrying too much that it'll boil over. Make sure you clean it well. It's a good pan but I don't think I'd buy it again.

iPod Touch 5th 6th Generation Case, iPod Touch 5/6 Case Genuine ZAFOORAH Hybrid Shockproof Hard Defender 3 Layers with 3 Bonus items Stylus, Screen Protector, Microfiber Cloth (Double Clip - 3 Layers - Purple/Black)
Offered by Accessorise-it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 10 July 2015
I love this case! Yes it's a bit chunky - feels like you're holding an iPhone 5, and some people have asked me when I got a new phone! - but it's a good case, and in the five or so times I've dropped my iPod it's protected it well. I got the purple and black case for my blue iPod and I actually really like the colour combination (the colour might look weird on your screen but trust me, it's good). The only negatives are that: the case seems to leave a ring around where it's opened to show the apple logo - this is probably just a build up of dirt around it but I'd recommend taking the case off every once in a while to clean this ring off in case it leaves a permanent mark; and due to the raised edges of the case it's sometimes difficult to reach things at the edge of the screen - I have particular difficulty swiping up to raise the Action Center - but then, I usually find that pretty hard anyway.
Comment Comment | Permalink

GBOS® New iPad Mini 360 Degree Rotating Smart Leather Wallet Flip Stand Case Cover With Full Sleep Wake Comatibility+ Stlus Pen + Screen Protector + Polising Cloth (Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars A fairly good cheap protector, 10 July 2015
This is a decent case, it does the job but just not with the style of a more expensive case. I find it a little bit big for my iPad - the back fits on well but the front cover, when folded, does not fit snugly over the iPad. The free stylus and screen protector came in useful though. You do get what you pay for.

House Every Weekend
House Every Weekend

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy all the dancing, 10 July 2015
This review is from: House Every Weekend (Audio CD)
I've been excitedly waiting for this album and today I've listened to almost all of it. I think that all the songs are great, they've got a few of the good new ones as well as some classics (Make Luv by Room 5 sound familiar?), and this collection really gets you in the mood for dancing - or just bobbing around happily in your seat. Would definitely recommend.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read!!!, 5 Dec. 2014
An entertaining if occasionally unrealistic, journey through modern history with an enigmatic and interesting main character. All ages will get a laugh at this, whatever type of book you're into, and it's an added bonus if like me you're studying history - while Allan probably did not have as much of an influence in Cold War events as the book claims, all the facts are still there! Would definitely recommend.

Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal
Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to be healthier, not just thinner..., 20 Sept. 2014
Amazing app, really simple to use and easy to see how you're doing. One thing that really sets it out from all the rest is that it shows nutritional values of the food, instead of just calorie counts. This means if you want to keep track of your sugar or fat intake separately, you can! I haven't yet managed to get notifications from the app on my Kindle Fire HD but maybe I'm just missing them. If there could be any improvements it would be to make entering foods a little simpler.

Faust
Faust

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Faust (Kindle Edition)
This was a good read, however it did become confusing towards the end with lots of new characters coming in only for a verse, but it nonetheless finished well

Lakeland Doctor Who 9 Hole Silicone Ice Cube Tray
Lakeland Doctor Who 9 Hole Silicone Ice Cube Tray

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shapes, 6 Dec. 2013
The shapes produced are very high-quality 3D shapes. I have yet to test out all of the capabilities but so far it has performed very well with cooling melted chocolate and making ice. However it is very bendy which makes it hard to put into the freezer, but very easy to take the shapes out of. Some of the smaller features, like the TARDIS lightbulb and the Dalek head-light-things, don't show up because of their size and placement.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-fitting case, 6 Dec. 2013
I chose this case because of its price, but I am glad that I ordered it! I have had experiences in the past with iPad mini cases, where the tablet slides around in the case, but this one doesn't have that problem. The tablet snaps in to a case perfectly, with wide spaces for the ports and speakers. It rotates easily and the outer case doesn't flap around. When closed it looks very thin and smart, and there's a band to hold it shut - but my friends have had a tendency to try to open it from the small flap, rather than like a book! The stylus is comfortable to hold and the tablet responds to it well, and there's even a magnetic lock/unlock function (which I didn't know the Kindle Fire HD had!). There are three ruts in the case for different viewing angles (which I'd describe as: 1. almost vertical, 2. comfortable viewing angle, and 3. reclined), and of course you can rotate to portrait or landscape. I haven't yet used the screen protector or cleaning cloth, but they look clean and smart. The hole in the back looks good, even though there isn't a logo to show (as there would be with an Apple product).

The only problem is that there isn't anywhere to put the stylus.

Note - the main reason for negative reviews I usually see is that it doesn't fit Kindle Fire. Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD are two very different-sized products. This case fits the Kindle Fire HD ONLY. If you're looking for a case for a Kindle Fire, please look elsewhere because, due to the snap-on back, it will not fit that tablet at all.

Page: 1 | 2