Profile for Carole > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Agatha Raisin and the Wellspring of Death
Agatha Raisin and the Wellspring of Death

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 4 Nov. 2015
I love Agatha Raisin. Just light reading, I know, but it's very enjoyable. This one was good but not the best of the ones I've read so far.

The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 20 April 2015
A brilliant read and I'm so impressed that this is the author's first novel.
From the start I was engaged and found it difficult to put down. The form the narration takes, by telling the story both from the points of view of 3 people and from different points in time worked well ( though to begin with I did need to consciously take note of the dates), teasing the reader with glimpses into points further on in the story.
Right up to the end I was left guessing.
I sincerely hope this will not be her only novel - I am already looking forward to her next. Please say there will be one, Paula Hawkins.

Accessotech 10 x Black Lanyard Neck Strap for ID Pass Card Badge Mobile Phone Holder Camera
Offered by SellerVision

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality, 7 Dec. 2014
Arrived on time. Well packaged. A little bit short but adequate for what I need and seem to be decent quality, especially at this price. Not sure I would trust them to take a camera, though, as the material is not very heavy.

GCSE Mathematics Edexcel 2010: Spec A Foundation Practice Book (GCSE Maths Edexcel 2010)
by Kevin Tanner

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok but very predictable, 12 Oct. 2014
It's is what I expected. I've used Edecel text books before. As always there are not enough basic questions in the exercises but I suppose if there were any more the already big book would be huge!
Frankly I'd rather the content were split into two books - they'd last longer if they weren't so heavy and schools could use book 1 with Year 10 and book 2 with Year 11.

The Joy of X: A Guided Tour of Mathematics, from One to Infinity
The Joy of X: A Guided Tour of Mathematics, from One to Infinity

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Sept. 2014
Very interesting and written in an easy-to-read style.

Birkenstock Arizona, Unisex-Adults' Sandals, Grey (STONE), 38 EU, 5 UK Normal
Birkenstock Arizona, Unisex-Adults' Sandals, Grey (STONE), 38 EU, 5 UK Normal
Offered by Factory Shoe Shop Olney

5.0 out of 5 stars The most comfortable footwear ever!, 5 Sept. 2014
I bought these to replace an identical pair that I've worn almost every day since I bought them about 5 years ago.
They are the most comfortable footwear I've ever had. In the summer I wear them all the time, as sandals and in the winter I wear them indoors instead of slippers. The shape of the sole supports the foot so they're great if you are on your feet all day.
I also have 3 other pairs that I wear less often as I keep them looking smart, but are equally comfortable.
If you are considering Birkenstocks then I should say "go ahead" - you won't regret it!

A 1950s Housewife: Marriage and Homemaking in the 1950s
A 1950s Housewife: Marriage and Homemaking in the 1950s

5.0 out of 5 stars very interesting., 1 July 2014
For me, born in the mid 1950's this was partly reminiscence and partly informative. An enjoyable read, well written and interesting.

The P45 Diaries
The P45 Diaries

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets better, 29 April 2014
This review is from: The P45 Diaries (Kindle Edition)
Initially I thought this book was just rather trite even though it was a bit funny in places (although not laugh-out-loud funny as some reviewers said) but it did get better later. It tries to be thoughtful and deep at the same time, which it doesn't quite pull off, but towards the end it is less funny and as a result it seems to improve.

Franklin French to English Dictionary
Franklin French to English Dictionary

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't manage without it, 17 Jan. 2014
I love France, I love French and I love speaking it. But to walk around with my huge French dictionary would be impossible! It weights a ton... well, not literally, but it is the heaviest book I possess!

But this canny little device has almost as many words in it, and it slips into my handbag. Granted it isn't quite so easy to read all the applications when a word had a long entry (like "Ítre" par example), but for general looking up words it's great.

It also has a feature where it tells you a random word and it's translation every time you switch it on, which is good for building your vocabulary. It does slow down your getting into the dictionary so if I'm needing to look up words a lot I turn it off.

Other reviewers have commented that when you switch it on the logo takes time to load, which is true, but you can bypass it by pressing "ON" again.

Other features like the ability to add words you want to remember to a "lesson" and a scenario-based phrase book can also be useful.

The 18 Rules of Happiness: How to Be Happy
The 18 Rules of Happiness: How to Be Happy

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly obvious suggestions, 17 Jan. 2014
Im glad I only paid 99p for this on the kindle daily deal - the suggestions are fairly obvious, with nothing very original.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9