Profile for A. Down > Reviews

Content by A. Down

A. Down (London, UK)

Huawei WS322 Wi-Fi Repeater 300Mbps LAN/Ethernet Adaptor, Wi-Fi Range Extender/Booster and Wi-Fi Router (WPS) UK stock

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bit of kit if somewhat difficult to setup., 26 Jun. 2014
I bought this as a mutli-premises item for extending my wifi. In a holiday cottage I use it to pick up the BT-FON network across the road and bump it round the cottage. I then bring it home and use it to get wifi into the corners of the first floor of my house.

Design: Nice clean apple-esque design with little superfluous additions. It is compact and has reaosnble clearance to fit in most wall sockets and clear anything plugged in adjacent. It can be tight on a double-row extension lead but only if some of the adjacent plugs are oversized.

Performance: Very good, consistent wifi delivery throughout both properties and, once setup, never needed re-adjusting.

Setup: Here's where my problem with the product is. As with many China-made products, the instructions can sometimes be a bit confusing. I'm the resident IT guy at work so something this simple and consumer orientated shouldn't be beyond me.
The main issue is getting into the initial web interface, which I always find to be the easiest way to set these things up.
If the item hasn't been configured in any way the difficulty is whether you connect to the Huawei wifi signal or try and connect through your existing network. I found the easiest way was to connect to the Huawei wifi network (with my iPhone) and then enter the default IP address of the kit into a browser. After a few minutes (it takes longer than you'd expect to boot up) it will present you with the login page for the kit. Enter the default username and password (admin as i recall) and then a simple wizard setup is the easiest part of the whole process. You may need to use a device other than an iPhone intiitally as sometimes the 'submit' button on the login would not work as expected, preventing you from logging in.

The Gruffalo's Child Sound Book
The Gruffalo's Child Sound Book
by Julia Donaldson

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for toddlers who love to push buttons, 26 Jun. 2014
As the father of a 2 year old boy I now clock every visible button in a room within 5 seconds of walking into it. This is not becasue I wish to push them all (although a big red button would be irresistable) but because my son love, love LOVES buttons! Anything that he can press, he will, usually regardless of the associated effect of said button push.
Therefore this hardback book is one of his favourites. At this age he will press the buttons randomnly as I read the story but that doesn't take away from the enjoyment. The story has little icons placed throughout the pages that match the different sound effects and help to describe the story. As he gets older I'm sure he will enjoy pressing the buttons at the right time.
The in-built batteries are lasting well and the book is bound well, not suffering the spine separation that so many of his books have experienced.
In summary, a great book.

The Aqua Group Guide to Procurement, Tendering and Contract Administration
The Aqua Group Guide to Procurement, Tendering and Contract Administration
by Mark Hackett

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide which is up to date, 19 Mar. 2009
This book is an excellent guide to exactly what it says on the front!
As a Part 3 Architectural student at Kingston University in my 8th year of study I have found this guide essential to my many essays on Construction Management.
The text is authoritative, accurate, easy to understand and, most importantly, very up-to-date. Crucially, it deals with the 2005 suite of JCT contracts and references the 2007 CDM regs.
Plus, there's pictures!
Seriously though, if you are studying for your Part 3 this is essential, it removes the need to look in about 4 or 5 separate books.