Profile for Mjshaft > Reviews

Content by Mjshaft

Mjshaft "nastyshaft"

Page: 1 | 2
Kangertech Kanger New Ssocc 0.5 Ohm Replacement Coils (Stainless Steel Organic Cotton Coil) for Subtank Series / Toptank Series / SUBVOD / Nebox 5Pcs/Pack
Offered by vaporcombo

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, 10 May 2016
Very good looking fakes. Actual coil lasts for a day if that, I assumed maybe a faulty coil so tried another...

A little surprised at Amazon for allowing this. I am applying for refund now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2016 5:31 AM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Slowly but surely I complete a tiny part of my life., 9 Feb. 2016
Another tiny part of my life is complete!

Weird to get used to using, keep it in the bathroom next to the sink so I can wet it. No white marks, no irritation, no obnoxious smell, no smell of sweat and lasts for ages (both on the body and the stick itself)/

The only problem would be it doesn't smell as such so you would not be applying a fragrance. Personally I smell great anyway but maybe get a fragrance if you need one.

I doubt I will need another deodorant again, unless of course they change the recipe or my armpits fall off.

GENUINE BLUE TURQUOISE METALLIC METAL CLIPPER LIGHTER CHROME CASE TIN
GENUINE BLUE TURQUOISE METALLIC METAL CLIPPER LIGHTER CHROME CASE TIN
Offered by UK Top Deals

2.0 out of 5 stars Gas guzzling lighter that doesn't light., 9 Feb. 2016
This is a nice looking, weighty clipper which is refillable and the flame size is adjustable. I keep it with me as a backup but not as my main lighter.

It falls down in two places:

It eats gas, I mean eats it right up. Refilling it to maximum each week at the moment and although it does get heavy use it really shouldn't be needing that much gas. For comparison the plastic clippers I have last me between two and three weeks with no refill.

Secondly the adjustable nature of it seemed at first a real bonus, didn't really know clipper did ones you could adjust the flame size on but it soon turned out to be buggy nonsense. I am not sure what valve is under there but with a full tank of gas it has a tiny flame on when turned up to full and doesn't light on minimum, or anywhere in between. When tilted on to it's side the flame is larger... anyway a bit pointless really, one consistent flame size would be better than this nonsense.

I was hoping for a clipper that would last me for some time and be more robust than the plastic ones so it could survive a boot or a fall. It can do these things but that is no use when it's empty or failing to make a flame. I have tested with different flints and gases to make sure it wasn't me being special.

Nice tin though.

Mens Submariners Sweater -- Navy -- L
Mens Submariners Sweater -- Navy -- L
Offered by Duffle Coats UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality jumper., 9 Feb. 2016
I doubt you will need any other type of jumper.

It is machine knitted merino wool with no defects that I have found. The knitting is strong and the end product thick, warm and water resistant (splash it and the water doesn't soak in, get it rained on and it doesn't absorb the water). I am sat here wearing it now.

Not sure what more you would need from a review other than... I rarely spend money on clothes and when I do I look for quality at a low price, which doesn't always work out. I reckon this is the most expensive item of clothing I have bought in a long time and I bought it simply because I will not need to buy one again for many years. I will update this review should it fail but so far, in my somewhat dangerous work, it has come through with flying colours. I know this winter has been mild but being able to be out in it with only this and a t-shirt underneath has been great. I have had some comments that it itches peoples skin, this is a skin defect, not a jumper one. No wonder a natural fabric itches if you've been wearing plastic for years, it's your body adapting.

Buy one.

Black Leaf Aluminium Pipe Unscrewable Pipe - Black 11.54" with Velvet Pipe Bag - Metal Pure Pipe

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it if you need a robust pipe!, 9 Feb. 2016
Get it if you need a robust pipe!

As a man trying not to smoke tobacco and yet wishing to indulge in other activities this was a great purchase. First of all as all smokers know there is always a very high chance of things being broken/bent/bashed and we smoke with a man called Tom who has big feet, a big arse and no spatial awareness. So despite him stepping on it, leaving it on the arms of chairs and generally forgetting it exists it has survived and will continue to do so.

It's not the prettiest of pipes but it does exactly what a pipe should; has a smooth draw, length of the pipe means the smoke is cool when it arrives and as long as you've bought some decent gauze it will do you proud.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2016 12:38 AM BST

L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Pure & Matte Gel Moisturiser 50ml
L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Pure & Matte Gel Moisturiser 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Male Moisturising Man., 28 Sept. 2012
This stuff is good, I'll start off with that. I use moisturiser to get rid of the tight feeling of skin after a shower/wash and also to avoid dry skin. A lot of moisturisers are 'oil' free but grease you up good and proper anyway, this one is a gel and I don't feel like I've rubbed butter on my face after using, which is surely a plus. The tube doesn't last long but does everything a moisturiser should without blocking your pores or leaving you reflecting light from your face like someone just polished you... or greased you. I doubt I will look for another moisturiser, so in one tiny way a part of my life is now complete.

I'd also like to say, make sure your girlfriend doesn't get hold of it because I am sure it is a better moisturiser than hers and she will not know how much she needs to use and it's not cheap stuff so she needs to lay off or find herself a new house where she can use her own damn products and not steal the ones I've worked hard to find and then spent my hard earned cash on and another thing she always hides it from me in the bathroom or in her makeup bag or in her handbag when she takes it to work and like, really, I have to send text messages to her to locate my face care products? IS THIS THE STAGE WE HAVE REACHED THAT YOUR THINGS ARE YOURS AND MINE ARE COMMUNAL PROPERTY!?!?!

Ahem, rant over, nice face stuff.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2016 9:16 PM BST

iGadgitz Dual Tone Black Durable Crystal Gel Skin (TPU) Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S3 III i9300 Android Smartphone Mobile Phone + Screen Protector
Offered by Mobile24

5.0 out of 5 stars Best case so far., 28 Sept. 2012
So the case I received in the post was black, had holes in it where holes are required and had grips on either side. Which is pretty much what it says it will have in the description. At the huge price of 99p I am very happy with this.

Having already been through a 'sock' and a leather flip case for just this phone I was looking for something that would not detract from the looks of the phone, actually stop it from shattering if I drop it and generally protect it from everyday wear and tear. This does all of those things.

I was going to add a 'slight criticism' bit but having looked at the case I've realised I was just being a dunce and pushing on the wrong bit... So yes, great case.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for the first 8 months., 13 Sept. 2012
Great toothbrush, gets teeth clean, has several modes for everything you could wish for and the doo-hickey that comes with to time your brushing is handy if you're not sure how much to use an electric toothbrush. Although the heads that come with are not a substitute for flossing they're not far off and are pretty reasonable when you come to replace them. I would say this toothbrush was an extravagance for me, it is very expensive in the grand scheme of toothbrushes but the money was worth it... to start with.

Eight months into using it the battery began to fail; after charging it would be fine and powerful for the first brush, then weak on the next one despite the display saying it was on three bars of charge out of four. When it reaches two bars it would then turn off.

It is now a year and a month old and holds charge for two standard two minute brushes. The warranty is a year long, the battery cannot be replaced it has to be the whole unit so I now need to buy a new toothbrush. I'd take it on the chin if the toothbrush weren't so expensive, for the price I would have hoped for years of functionality.

Conclusion: Great toothbrushes, great cleaning, only lasts a year though.

Slime Repair Skabs
Slime Repair Skabs
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a shocker., 20 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Slime Repair Skabs (Sports)
Well I've just spent over four hours of my life with these things and they did not do the job at all.

After reading all the good reviews I was honestly not expecting a problem, clicked buy without a second thought. Delivery was swift; kit is small, neat and the three lines of instructions couldn't be simpler. Great. Put them with my other essential repair bits for cycling and away I went. Picked up a puncture yesterday about 3 miles from home, decided to walk back and leave it for another day rather than sit by the side of the road. The puncture was very small, about one millimetre at most.

So, long one short: Tube removed, scrubbed, wiped, patch applied and tire back on. Inflate to 1 bar and psssssssssst. The patch failed. Repeat previous steps, remove adhesive that was all over the place, leave to dry this time... and same result. I have used three out of the patches, I have no interest in trying again.

Popping over to Amazon.com it appears that the US site has a broader spectrum of reviews, leaving the product with an average of 2 and a bit stars out of five. They are labelled as a 'toy repair kit' there (http://www.amazon.com/Slime-20029-Skabs-Inflatable-Repair/dp/B0011YHCY6/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2015 1:30 PM GMT

Lite Sports Rocky Full Zip Hooded Top
Lite Sports Rocky Full Zip Hooded Top

5.0 out of 5 stars Toasty, 21 Sept. 2011
I now own both the zip and non-zip version of this and both are excellent, very warm and comfortable. The only thing I was wary of was what they were made from as there is no information that I could find online, I shall rectify that situation now. They are 65% cotton and 35% polyester which is fine by me. Not to be tumble dried but that's no great inconvenience and also to be ironed with a cool iron... I'll let you know the first time I iron my jogging gear.

Warning! With the hood up and the same make of bottoms on if you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror you may mistake yourself for a ninja and assume you have ninja skills. This clothing does not confer ninja skills!

Page: 1 | 2