Profile for S. KEENE > Reviews

Content by S. KEENE

S. KEENE (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
"Panasonic DMC-TZ60 Lumix Compact Digital Camera (18.1 MP, 30x Optical Zoom, High Sensitivity MOS Sensor) 3 inch LCD - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Sept. 2017
Great digital camera, excellent zoom, crisp sharp photos

The Sellout: WINNER OF THE MAN BOOKER PRIZE 2016
The Sellout: WINNER OF THE MAN BOOKER PRIZE 2016
by Paul Beatty

2.0 out of 5 stars very funny. Not to me, 15 Mar. 2017
I read the Man Booker prize recommendation for this book, Swiftian satire about slavery and segregation, very funny. Not to me! There was barely a story here, lots of circumstantial description but I found it self serving and unsatiafying.

Plugable Active Mini DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 Adapter (Supports displays up to 4k / UHD / 3840x2160@60Hz)
Offered by Plugable Technologies

5.0 out of 5 stars This one seems absolutely fine. Not the cheapest but worth the price, 18 Dec. 2016
I use it to adapt a MacBook to connect to a TV. My last adapter simply gave up, stopped transmitting signals properly and made the MacBook screen flash all the time. This one seems absolutely fine. Not the cheapest but worth the price.

Ennotek® Powered Aluminium USB 3.0 7-Port Data Hub with Additional 3 x Fast 2.4A USB Charging Ports

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Dec. 2016
Good piece of kit, does exactly what it says it does, worth the price.

Kolymsky Heights
Kolymsky Heights
by Lionel Davidson

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Dec. 2016
This review is from: Kolymsky Heights (Paperback)
Totally gripping page turner, from start to finish.

Moskva
Moskva
by Jack Grimwood

2.0 out of 5 stars ... bought this book on the strength of a very good review in the FT (I think), 18 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Moskva (Hardcover)
I bought this book on the strength of a very good review in the FT (I think). Quite disappointed. It's exciting in some parts but too long for the overly complex plot. I quite warmed to the main protagonist although a bit hackneyed to have dogged investigator pitted against his bosses who want him to stop. And, worst, it has some really gratuitous and horrible descriptions of physical torture. Actually that drops it to 2 for me, I was thinking 3.

All the Light We Cannot See
All the Light We Cannot See

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 21 Mar. 2016
Gripping novel set in WWII. I read so many good reviews of this I resisted it for quite a time but honestly what an inventive, sensitive and gripping book.

DUYI Premium Women Anti-Slip Yoga Pilates Socks with Grips Cotton, 5-Toe, 1 Pair, Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit small but good non-slip, 17 Mar. 2016
I quite like these socks, they are a bit on the small side but better than too large for yoga. good non-slip performance and thicker soles than some which is good.

Bluelounge Small Cable Clip Management System - Grey/Green
Bluelounge Small Cable Clip Management System - Grey/Green

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe the larger ones would be more useful, but coloured Velcro ones from Maplin more useful ..., 11 Nov. 2015
Neat but too small to be much use, only takes 2 turns of even an audio cable. Maybe the larger ones would be more useful, but coloured Velcro ones from Maplin more useful and a fraction the price.

The Hoxton Leather Oyster Card / Travel Pass Holder by Gryphen (Tan)
The Hoxton Leather Oyster Card / Travel Pass Holder by Gryphen (Tan)
Offered by The Bag & Wallet Company

3.0 out of 5 stars Travel cards won't read while in wallet, 5 July 2015
Oh dear! This little wallet is really smart and attractive, although could do without the large embossed Gryphen logo on the front and it's a bit padded. But, for some strange reason it prevents London Transport card readers from reading my travel cards. I rely on just putting my card wallet on the reader, I can't be messing with getting my card out. Even directly through the transparent window the card would rarely read. In my so so cheapo card wallet there is no problem.
So sadly it's going back.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6