Profile for L. M. Jewson > Reviews

Content by L. M. Jewson

L. M. Jewson (Seaford, Sussex.)

Minecraft - Pocket Edition
Minecraft - Pocket Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for those latent Architects., 18 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Minecraft - Pocket Edition (App)
I'm addicted. I really enjoy this game. Allows creativity but a warning - if you venture out after building your luxury home. Leave a trail to get you back. I have built huge towers but still can't find my ultra modern pad - but now I am building a castle. :)

Cursed Fates: The Headless Horseman Collector's Edition (Full)
Cursed Fates: The Headless Horseman Collector's Edition (Full)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good consuming game., 18 Jun. 2015
Enjoyed this game - graphics good and kept me busy and relaxed for a while.

The Host
The Host

4.0 out of 5 stars Compelling read, sorry when it ended., 20 April 2013
This review is from: The Host (Kindle Edition)
I hoped to see the film but as yet have not had the time for the 10 mile drive to the cinema - So I thought I would try the book first. Although the idea is perhaps not unique, and don't we all have an inner voice? I also guessed the ending, but - I really enjoyed the way the relationship between our gentle Alien and not so sweet Host evolved. The descriptive is excellent and I fell right in and was carried along with the story to the last page. Yes - an enjoyable read.

The Bloomsbury Guide to Creating Illustrated Children's Books
The Bloomsbury Guide to Creating Illustrated Children's Books
by Desdemona McCannon

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and full of inspiration., 30 July 2009
I really like this book. For a small package it is certainly packed full of great advice. Its' presentation alone, makes one want to pick up pen and paper and start scribbling down ideas - my head is full of them. I needed something to push me along in the right direction and this book has so many examples and cross references it just leads you on a fun filled path, a bit like being at art school but without the distraction. You could expect no less from 'Bloomsbury'.