Profile for Mr. David Poulter > Reviews

Content by Mr. David Poulter

Mr. David Poulter (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Live At The Matrix December 1970
Live At The Matrix December 1970

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like Crosby’s music you’ll love this release, 23 Dec. 2014
If you like Crosby’s music you’ll love this release. The sound is amazing for a live recording of the era.

Power and Glory: 1906-51 v. 1: History of Grand Prix Motor Racing
Power and Glory: 1906-51 v. 1: History of Grand Prix Motor Racing
by William Court

4.0 out of 5 stars I’d heartily recommend this book to anyone, 23 Dec. 2014
I’d heartily recommend this book to anyone, like me, who is a fan of motor racing since its inception. However it is not a quick read (I’ve only glanced through it at this time), nor is it a light read, as it weighs in at 2Kg. I’m looking forward to getting to grips with it in the near future, and over the months (and possibly years).

Wild Tales
Wild Tales
by Graham Nash

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly for fans, 30 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Wild Tales (Hardcover)
As a big fan of Graham Nash throughout his career, I’ve been looking forward to this book for many years. I loved the personal style of writing. It features ‘warts and all’ stories from his birth to the present day, though there seems to be some gaps. (hopefully to be told in a future part 2 book). Great read especially if you’re a fan.

Legends Of The Canyon [DVD] [2013]
Legends Of The Canyon [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Jon Brewer

3.0 out of 5 stars For CSN fans, 2 Aug. 2013
It’s difficult to rate this DVD. I’ve given it 3 stars for general viewing, but as it is mostly the story of the forming of Crosby, Still and Nash, I’d upgrade it to 4 stars for CSN fans. It would have been nice to have more music.

Sweet Child
Sweet Child
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars I missed this first time round, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Sweet Child (Audio CD)
I became interested in The Pentangle after hearing one their songs played on Radio 2's `Sounds of the Sixties'. I checked out their albums on the Amazon site and decided on this one. It is a gem! The Live CD actually improves on the original vinyl release as it has much more of the concert. I love folk/jazz sounds and wonder if this sound influenced the likes of Jefferson Airplane and Later Joni Mitchell recordings

Look Through Any Window 1963-1975 [DVD] [2011] [NTSC]
Look Through Any Window 1963-1975 [DVD] [2011] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ The Hollies
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Nov. 2011
This is a fantastic DVD for all fans of The Hollies, Crosby Stills & Nash and 60's music. The performance videos show the limitations of 60's TV, but shows that the group liked to have fun on stage. The interviews with Clarke, Hick, Nash & Elliott are particularly enlightening. The stand out piece though is the short documentary about recording On A Carousel at Abbey Road.

Carl Sagan's Cosmos [DVD] [1980]
Carl Sagan's Cosmos [DVD] [1980]
Dvd ~ Carl Sagan
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch, 6 Oct. 2011
I remember raving about this series when it was first shown on TV. It's impact remains intact. 2 minor gripes though. The science updates are already 10 years out of date, and a paper insert listing the 13 episodes would be a help for future watches. A great education tool.

The Clarke, Hicks & Nash Years: The Complete Hollies, April 1963-October 1968
The Clarke, Hicks & Nash Years: The Complete Hollies, April 1963-October 1968

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all Hollies fans., 12 Jun. 2011
When the guys at Amazon emailed me about this release, I initially thought "I'll have got all these tracks". But I was wrong; the final CD features recordings from a live concert from 1968. The packaging is excellent, including an enlightening interview with Graham Nash. It would have been nice if there could have been interviews with Allan Clarke & Tony Hicks as well. But at under £[] it is a great collection. I couldn't resist.

PURE Highway, In-Car DAB Radio With FM Transmitter (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not wireless, 3 Nov. 2009
The PURE Highway is an excelent piece of kit. However it has two major problems. 1. The wires conecting it to the ariel and the cars power source mean that it is difficult to position it in ideal place. 2. DAB coverage in some areas (I'm in East Anglia) can be rather intermitant.

Songs for Beginners: (CD+DVD)
Songs for Beginners: (CD+DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Note on DVD-Audio, 7 July 2009
I can add no more to the comments made in the other reviews, other then to say the album was great when first released and it still is. However I find some of the other reviews puzzleing when they say you need special DVD-A equipment to play the second disc. I have a Pioneer surround sound DVD player and it plays and sounds faboulous on this. As does Crosby's 'If I Could Only Remember My Name' similar release.

Page: 1 | 2