Profile for Ash > Reviews

Ash

True (Amazon Exclusive)
True (Amazon Exclusive)

4.0 out of 5 stars Edom?, 28 Sept. 2013
Great album and cheaper on amazon than on itunes. Not sure why it's called an amazon exclusive though as the only thing that's different is that it's missing the 12th track 'Edom'. Still, cheaper to buy the album of amazon and then the individual song from itunes but it's annoying how they've done that. Other than that a great album from Avicii!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2013 5:08 PM BST

i Newspaper
i Newspaper

2.0 out of 5 stars not reliable, 15 July 2013
This review is from: i Newspaper (App)
App was great for a couple of weeks, subscribed and had no problems at all however recently it no longer seems to recognise my subscription and hence I can't download any new papers. Shame as it's a good paper.

Kinobo USB Ice Cream 4GB - Food memory stick/drive for XP/Visa/Windows 7/Mac
Kinobo USB Ice Cream 4GB - Food memory stick/drive for XP/Visa/Windows 7/Mac
Offered by Kinobo pro

1.0 out of 5 stars Corrupts every file, 1 Sept. 2012
This memory stick came fast and looks great, I was really very happy with it. That was until I realised that I couldn't save anything on it without it somehow corrupting the file. The file would be saved on my computer just fine, but once moved to this memory stick would no longer open because it had been 'corrupted'. These exact same files moved to other memory sticks I had just fine so the only logical explanation I could come up with is that this memory stick is in some way messing them up.

So yeah it looks great, but for £10, I want a memory stick that also works, and by that I mean the ability to save files onto it and then open them at a later date.

I should add, reading other reviews other people seem to have had no problem so this is probably just some sad misfortune that's only happened to me but still of such an annoyance that I felt the need to give it a review.

*EDIT*
Determined not to give up on this memory stick I had a look around and ended up formatting to FAT (don't ask, I have no idea what it means but some person said to do that on a forum I was reading). Appears to be working for now but I'm keeping an eye on it. But now that it's working fine I'm very happy with it indeed. Looks great, came quick and (eventually) works. If it came working like this then I would have likely given it 4-5 stars. However because of the hassle and stress of it not working I'm leaving this review at 1 star. But yes if you decide to buy this and find that it's not working try that to see whether it works.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2012 1:11 PM BST

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, great soundtrack, 20 Aug. 2011
I was cautious when buying this. It was a soundtrack and hence I was unsure but having fallen in love with a couple of the songs whilst watching the film, I took the risk and I've got to say, I don't regret it in the slightest. Truly great compilation album. So my advise? Don't worry, just buy it! ;)

Twilight: Twilight, Book 1 (Twilight Saga)
Twilight: Twilight, Book 1 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer

2.0 out of 5 stars Well I tried it, no I don't like it., 28 Jan. 2011
With everyone going on about the films and then everyone at school reading the books, I thought I would try to discover what this new phenomenon was about. I first watched the film and thought there was nothing special. However, I'm a big believer of not judging a book by it's film and so thought I may as well try it as it only costed 1p! And well I have to admit it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but still, it's a horrendously boring, overly dragged out story which feels like it's had little planning and thrown together without anywhere near as much thought as other books such as Harry Potter. Also it seems like the book is not much different from the film, the only key difference that I've noticed is that she talks about his smell a lot more. Something which really gets annoying quickly. Another highly annoying thing with it is the fact that it can't have a page of dialogue without darling little Edward laughing (or should I say "chuckling") in every single line. The obvious, lack of thought that went towards the book has resulted in a constant repetition throughout the whole thing on simple points which I really couldn't care less about. This combined with the seeming lack of point in the whole story results in a book which is more of a nuisance rather than an entertainment. It's a shame as with more planning, I think this story could have been something really special, which everyone could enjoy. However it was nice to read a book in first person. It's a nice change from the usual third person.

UNION JACK FLIP CASE FOR APPLE-IPOD TOUCH 3
UNION JACK FLIP CASE FOR APPLE-IPOD TOUCH 3

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit faded., 28 Jan. 2011
It's a nice case with a beautiful design. My iPod fits in it perfectly and it arrived pretty quickly! The only fault I can find with it so far is that the red is a bit faded. On the whole though, I'm very pleased.

JVC HA-F240-VN-E Gumy Air In Ear Headphones with Soft Ear Pieces - Violet
JVC HA-F240-VN-E Gumy Air In Ear Headphones with Soft Ear Pieces - Violet

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice headphones, 28 Jan. 2011
Long lasting and durable, cheap and in a range of colours. I got the violet ones and they haven't faded in the slightest. Some of the longest lasting earphones I've had. However, though they are more comfortable than normal earphones, they do start to hurt after a while and though they have good sound quality, they fail to block out noises in the same way in-ear-headphones do. Overall a good product but if you've got the money to spare I'd suggest going for some Skullcandy earphones instead.