Profile for V&F > Reviews

Content by V&F

V&F

AZATOM® Home Hub Lightning Dock 30W Bluetooth for iPhone 6s - 6 - 5s -5 Nano 7G, Touch 5G, iPad mini and iPads
Offered by 4Cool Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality, brilliant value!!!!!, 12 Aug. 2013
Since this is the first review on a new product, I thought i'd ask my husband to write our verdict on the home-hub, especially since we always base a lot of our purchasing decisions on Reviews. The first thing to say is this is a really good looking docking station that sounds better than docks costing more than twice the price - it really is that good. The sound quality is probably the best thing about the Home-hub as well as the price... more later.

The sound is balanced with plenty of Bass, Mid and Treble... but no one sound dominating (there are EQ settings aswell but we haven't needed them tbh). It has good stereo separation for this type of unit and even has 2 bass ports. It's really powerful, we have it at less than half volume all the time, usually about 1/3! Let's just say it could handle a small party no problem.

The build is good, it has a decent weight to it, which is usually a good indicator. All the buttons just 'feel right' if you know what I mean? It has snooze, presets.... everything we needed and more. I didn't think we needed a remote but I've found myself listening to music in the sitting room with it and it's actually very handy to have.

Overall, I would still rate the Home-hub 5 stars if it were double the price - so for less than £50 it's a cracking buy. Our son has been borrowing it to play music on his iPad Mini (btw the Home-hub has a special attachment included so you can use it to play and charge an iPad Mini as well as an iPhone 5 - none of the other docks we looked at could do that properly). Anyway, he wants one for starting Uni in september and I have no hesitation in buying another one for him which I think shows how happy we are with it. A great buy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2014 10:17 PM BST