Profile for KaesarSosei > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
X2 - The Threat (PC)
X2 - The Threat (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly complex, but stick with it, 23 Feb. 2011
This review is from: X2 - The Threat (PC) (Video Game)
This game has been super-ceded since I bought it in 2004 by at least 3 sequels, all of which steadily imrove the franchise. However I still give it 5/5 because the sequels mainly just add and refine what was already great in this game. 21st Century Elite is the best way to summarize it although there is enough management/strategy that can be played in the game to almost call it a strategy game in its own right too. Highly recommended, and give it at least 6-7 hours before coming to any conclusions about it.

Ixos Scart to Scart 1.5M
Ixos Scart to Scart 1.5M

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 23 Feb. 2011
Nothing else to say really, except that I wonder why I bought one of these 7 years ago and I now have about 8 laying in a drawer in the garage :-s
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2012 11:28 PM BST

Griffin iTrip FM Transmitter for iPod mini; iPod classic 3G, 4G
Griffin iTrip FM Transmitter for iPod mini; iPod classic 3G, 4G

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit fiddly but ultimately impressive, 23 Feb. 2011
This was a bit fiddly to setup, and the idea that it works using channels/frequencies listed as tracks in iTunes seemed ridiculous. But when I finally got it working, it worked very well and produced good FM quality output on any stereo. At the time it also impressed a lot of people and allowed me to use my iPod anywhere and take over DJ duties :-)

Just to be clear, I bought this 7 years ago to use with my second-gen iPod. No idea if its any use now or not.

Nisis 3 port PCI Firewire Card
Nisis 3 port PCI Firewire Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says with no hassle, 23 Feb. 2011
I had to buy this for my old PC to allow my second-gen iPod at the time to connect with it and iTunes. This was cheap, easy to install, and presented no problems so that merits full marks in my book.

Ultimate X-Men Volume 1: Tomorrow People TPB: Tomorrow People v. 1
Ultimate X-Men Volume 1: Tomorrow People TPB: Tomorrow People v. 1
by Mark Millar

3.0 out of 5 stars New Age Marvel, 23 Feb. 2011
I have been an on-off comic reader for 20 years and kind of stumbled upon this without knowing anything about the Marvel Ultimate Universe. The whole concept is like a modern and more 'realistic' rendering of the Marvel Universe and has its fair share of retractors and fans. I have to say that while some of the original X-Men of the Chris Claremont era was definately superior, the whole 606 (ie standard Marvel universe) Mutant books became a tangled mess that was impossible to keep up with, and Ultimate was definately better than that. I think the Ultimate books have had a strong bearing on how the recent spate of superhero films have turned out too, so they are definately influential.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2011 4:27 PM GMT

The Face
The Face
by Dean Koontz

3.0 out of 5 stars Forgettable, 23 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Face (Paperback)
I am writing a belated review some 7 years after reading this and to be honest cannot remember much about the book. That means it was neither dreadful nor great. I can remember detailed plot points and dialogue for all the great novels I have read, and some of the awful ones ;-)

Talking Shankly: The Man, The Genius, The Legend (Mainstream Sport)
Talking Shankly: The Man, The Genius, The Legend (Mainstream Sport)
by journalist. Tom Darby

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent biography, 23 Feb. 2011
I fancied a good read about Shanks and this was one of the first that I spotted. Its a good book that really emphasises just what a legend and impact Shankly had on LFC and Liverpool in general, even though his trophy tally was modest in comparison to Paisley, Stein and Ferguson. Certainly a man that rose above his sport which even Paisley and Ferguson cannot lay claim too, in my opinion.

The book was a little short perhaps but by no means bad and worth a read for anyone, football or LFC fan or not.

Legends
Legends
Offered by momox co uk

2.0 out of 5 stars Way too bloated, 23 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Legends (Audio CD)
There are 3 CD's in this collection and thats at least 1 CD too many. I think one CD with a more selective choice of his music would have been better. Having said that, you don't have to listen to the lesser stuff if you don't want too I suppose...

The Very Best Of Ennio Morricone
The Very Best Of Ennio Morricone
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Good compilation, 23 Feb. 2011
Morricone is responsible for some of the most iconic music in movie history, most notably in my opinion for the Spaghetti Western Trilogy soundtrack. This album collects most of his best stuff and is essential for anyone interested.

Magician: 1 (Riftwar Saga)
Magician: 1 (Riftwar Saga)
by Raymond E. Feist

2.0 out of 5 stars Highly overrated, 22 Feb. 2011
After reading LOTR and loving the Dragonlance series I was after something else to draw me in, and this came highly recommended. However I found the whole story very forgettable and none of the characters engaging. If you are after a good fantasy series, I highly recommend the Song of Ice and Fire series by GRRM Martin instead. The first book "A Game of Thrones" is coming to TV soon.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2011 3:52 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4