Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Access 2010: The Missing Manual
Access 2010: The Missing Manual

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had this when I first started with Acess, 21 Mar. 2014
I will miss this manual if I ever forget my Kindle when I'm dabbling with Access. Written for ordinary people.

Biker Mens & Ladies Wallet with chain (including Giftbox) LEAS MCL, Genuine Leather, brown - ''LEAS Chain-Series''
Offered by LEAS

5.0 out of 5 stars Secure, 21 Mar. 2014
Arrived promptly. I haven't lost any money from it or indeed the wallet itself yet. Well made and lots of room for my credit cards (Too much room, need to get some more card to fill the empty slots!

Sureflap Microchip Cat Flap
Sureflap Microchip Cat Flap
Offered by Online Pet Doors

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 21 Mar. 2014
I was worried about spending so much money on a cat flap but the stray tom that had moved in with us was upsetting out other cats and had to be kept out.
The parcel arrived in 2 days and the flap fitted right into the existing hole for our old one, even the holes for the screws lined up. (Should have bought a lottery ticket instead this week!).
Programming is easy. Press the button and it stays in programme mode until the next cat goes through the flap (in either direction) it's chip data is then stored, so no trying to force your, hissing and wailing cat through the flap.
NOTE: The stray we are trying to keep out managed to defeat the flap within half an hour! He sits on the dustbin looking through the kitchen window with his best cute face on and the wife just opens the door for him. So if you are buying this excellent product then you should also consider a divorce!

An excellent product, well made and works as described (as long as you aren't married.)

Portable Spray Booth + Extraction Unit + Spare Filter
Portable Spray Booth + Extraction Unit + Spare Filter
Offered by FOLLY MODELS

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bit of kit for the money, 23 April 2013
Given that at the time of purchase everyone else was selling this at a higher price with the extractor hose as an extra it really is good value. The extractor hose is a substantial piece of kit, consisting of a corrugated plastic tube rather than a cheap fabric affair and it expands to surprisingly much longer than it's closed length.
It took quite a bit of manhandling to get it threaded through the rather convoluted rout to my window but once in place it certainly stayed there.
The main unit itself is well made for the price. The fan isn't overly noisy, producing just enough airflow to draw off the fumes without taking half of the paint from my airbrush before it gets anywhere near what I'm painting.
I was pleasantly pleased overall

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 SD Card and USB Adapter - Black
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 SD Card and USB Adapter - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 23 April 2013
The limitations to what you can connect are down to the tab not the adapters. Won't work with external spinning disc drives but this is as I said is due to the tablet. Due to the design of the the tab, having the adapter poking out at the bottom means you need to turn it upside down to use with a keypad Not a problem but It can make it a bit unstable if youre USB lead is on the heavy side as it tends to pull it over.
On the whole a well made bit of kit and any problems are down to the design of the 10.1

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bit of kit, 10 Jan. 2013
Needed a black chrome GU10 downlight in a hurry, this was the only one I could get on a short delivery otherwise wouldn't have spent so much on a fire rated unit as it is only housing an LED lamp. However the sparky who installed it for me was very impressed with the build quality and he should know, he's fitted hundereds of downlights.
Arrived promptly on the date specified which was what was important.
Well made and looks great!

Now That's What I Call Xmas
Now That's What I Call Xmas

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything including the kitchen sink, 10 Jan. 2013
Don't think there is a Christmas song they left off. Enough to please (or annoy) everyone from the kids to granny & grandad

Garmin nuvi 2545LMT 5" Sat Nav with UK and Western Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates and Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts

4.0 out of 5 stars Never get lost again., 8 Oct. 2012
Bought this as a replacement for my old sat nav which was starting to ignore screen input and the maps were getting outdated (No longer supported so no updates)

It arrived after a couple of days no damage to packaging.
We have now been using it for a couple of months without issue. We did over a thousand miles travelling around northern Spain, the maps where all up to date despite some very new looking roads and obvious changes to junctions. We did miss 1 junction (my fault) and ended up on a non-existent motorway (according to the map anyway) but given that they were still building bits of it I'll let Garmin off with that one. It has crashed on us once but apart from than it has been flawless. Rebooting is very quick anyway unlike my old sat nav.

The display is easy to read and the standard voices are clear. Photo realistic junctions are very good but are only on motorways and possibly major duel carriageways although I haven't been down one major enough to find out yet.

Re-routing after you deviate from plan works well and quickly figures out when it has become quicker/shorter (depending on your preferences)to go by a totally new route rather than trying to get you back onto its original route.

After it arrived I bought and downloaded the European maps. Despite a lot of doom and gloom on various websites about registering (for the free map updates) and loading and updating the maps all went without a hitch.

It's worth the extra for the lifetime updates if you are going to your sat nav a lot as the cost of regular updates can be quite expensive. The problem is you don't know you need a map update until you are lost on a new town centre ring road that doesn't exist on your map and all the suggested routes are now a shopping mall and all the sat nav can do to help is keep saying "please drive to nearest road"

Safety camera notification is excellent but can be a bit of a pain, keeping going "bing" every 5 minutes if you are travelling along a particularly heavily infested bit of road. e.g. the M6 through Birmingham. (it notifies you of each individual gantry that has a camera hidden on the back, Given that they seem to be every few hundred yards it can get on your nerves a bit) But it is easily turned off. Myself I'd rather put up with the bing bing bing than lose my licence. If you set it up it will also go "bing" every time you exceed the speed limit. It only does it once so when you are over the limit stay there.

You can specify a location by GPS co-ordinates which would be fine if it didn't insist on using degrees minutes and seconds while the rest of the world seems to gone over to decimal, not a major inconvenience if you have a calculator handy and know how to do the calculation. Luckily there is a calculator app built in. Other than this minor irritation it would have got 5 stars. (major irritation if you can't do the maths I suppose)

You can either be guided by road number or street name, The latter isn't much use on main roads as street names are not that easy to spot (when they've bothered to put them up.) However when navigating housing/trading estates etc it comes into its own.
Plus it was fun listening to her trying to pronounce Spanish road names while we were on holiday. I'll bet travelling around Wales with road names switched on will be hysterical!!

If you are going to the likes of Alton Towers or such where you car is parked in what seems like several square miles of identical parking bays, or you are hopelessly lost in a city centre, the "remember where I parked the car" app is worth the cost on its own. The unit senses when you stop and automatically remembers its exact GPS location so it can guide you back to the car on foot, even if you left the car in the middle of a field! (As long as you remembered to take the sat nav with you.)

Overall it is a decent bit of kit. Not sure about the "apps". You can upload your holiday pictures, convert miles to km, pounds to Kg etc, there is an alarm clock to wake you up when you get there, a world clock (just in case you want to know the time in Timbuktu) plus it will read a book to you as you drive! Oh there is also a built in language guide but be aware, it stops working 30 days after you first use it and you then have to give someone some money to get it going again, so if you are planning a holiday abroad and think it might be handy don't be tempted to try it until you get there.

Be wary with ANY sat nav "Lifetime updates" means "until we decide to stop doing updates"
Navman stopped supporting the maps on my previous sat nav less than 12 months after I bought it!