Profile for Meggysmum > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Rimmel London Volume Colourist Mascara - Black
Rimmel London Volume Colourist Mascara - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars What Tint?, 14 Jun. 2016
I have very pale lashes and after a months religious use my lashes are EXACTLY the same colour as they were before which is a real disappointment. As an everyday mascara it's ok, I don't find it clumpy and the brush coats my lashes evenly. The colour is not the darkest and it hasn't got amazing staying power on a night out so I'll stick to using it just on work days but when it is finished I won't buy another one.

Epson WorkForce WF-2530WF Ultra compact and reliable 4-in-1 for the small office printer with Wifi and AirPrint

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Printer in the World!, 10 Jun. 2014
Ok that may be an exaggeration but I hate this machine and regret buying it.

Print quality is pretty poor but that is the least of its problems. Connectivity is dire, it randomly goes offline, fails to recognise devices that it recognised the previous day and generally takes up so much time fiddling around having to reset things.

Changing the ink cartridges is a nightmare, you can't simply open it and put the new one in. You have to go through a ridiculous, complicated menu before it will let you replace the cartridge that you know it needs. Also the software locks out buying anything but Epson cartridges, it uses loads of ink and if it thinks it is low it will stop printing, you don't have the option to just accept a poorer quality if you are desperate to get something printed, you have to wait until you can lay your hands on some more cartridges.

Copying is easy and trouble free ( as long as you have plenty of ink) but that is as much as I would care to say.

Round Orange Lense Glasses John Lennon 70S Hippy Dude Ozzy Osbourne Fancy Dress
Round Orange Lense Glasses John Lennon 70S Hippy Dude Ozzy Osbourne Fancy Dress
Offered by Fancy Dress Worldwide

4.0 out of 5 stars Colour My World!, 29 Jun. 2012
I bought these glasses for my teenage son for a fancy dress party. They were well packaged which I was pleased about as they seemed a little flimsy. However he wore them all night and they came home completely undamaged so they were sturdier than they looked. The colour looked great with a hippy outfit and they make the whole world seem a more colourful place when you wear them!

Blink Contacts Multi-Dose Soothing Eyes Drops 10 ml
Blink Contacts Multi-Dose Soothing Eyes Drops 10 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Blinkin' marvellous!, 13 Jun. 2012
I have been using these drops when needed for a few months now. I thought they were a little expensive but since you only open one of the tiny vials when you need it and the rest don't go off I have found that they are actually better value than buying bottles.

Each vial is easy to open with a quick twist of the lid and they contain enough for a couple of drops into each eye. They immediately cool and sooth my eyes either with or without contact lenses in. They are also useful for rinsing the eye of things like pollen if I have been outside and my hayfever is starting.

I wouldn't be without one or two of these in my handbag now as they just give that little bit of comfort in air-conditioned places etc which can't be betaen.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2015 6:31 PM BST

The Poison Tree
The Poison Tree
by Erin Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the Best Thriller, 18 May 2012
This review is from: The Poison Tree (Paperback)
Karen is a hard-working and rather dull student who suddenly finds herself inexplicably drawn to the wonderfully bohemian Biba. Over the summer she becomes involved in her new friends laid-back lifestyle and eventually becomes attracted to her more serious brother.

Tragic events unfold and then we meet Karen again several years later and gradually the tale of the dark days at the end of the summer is revealed.
This book is described as a brooding thriller but I don't think that is a particularly apt description. The way it is written, basically as Karen revealing her memories is an obvious ploy to show that there is some hidden darkness but I didn't find it a particularly creepy or atmospheric read which are words that have been used to describe it.

Having said that I still found it a good read. I enjoyed the descriptions of the characters and of their decadent lifestyle and I liked the contrast of that against the sedate life Karen and formed for herself as she got older. I didn't predict the final twist but I felt that the rest of the plot was quite transparent so I would have to rate this as an entertaining read rather than a gripping tale. I certainly wouldn't recommend it to people who like dark, suspenseful thrillers as I think they would be disappointed.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Crates, 22 April 2012
Having used cheap folding crates in the past I was amazed at the quality of these. They fold easily but are incredibly robust and strong once opened. I tend to use them everywhere, one in the car for plants, muddy boots etc, one in our caravan for washing, one in the kitchen for when I need to transport heavy tins or juice cartons. In fact I struggle to know how I managed without them. Mine are now several years old and they look fantastic and show no signs of wear so would definitely recommend.

Brabantia Profile Line Melon Baller - Stainless Steel
Brabantia Profile Line Melon Baller - Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Having a Ball!, 15 April 2012
This gadget matches the other items in the Profile Line range. That is it is made of Stainless Steel with a loop at one end so that it can be hung up in the utensil racks and then a black band at the end of the handle.

The handle is brushed finish Stainless Steel and I find that it fits my hand well and has a nice weight too it. It feels very sturdy, it doesn't flex at all whilst it is being used. The black band around the handle is textured and this allows a better grip whilst in use.

The manufacturers state that this is hardened, high-grade steel. Mine has been knocking around in my utensil drawer now for a few years and it has not been dented or damaged in any way.

The smooth design means that the baller is very easy to clean. I pop mine in the dishwasher as it is dishwasher safe.

The manufacturer also says that it is useful for hollowing out tomatoes, peppers and cucumber. I do find that it is useful when doing stuffed peppers as it is very easy to scoop out the seeds and the thickened side areas. I have never tried using it with anything else so I can't comment.

I am very happy with this little addition to my utensils. Some days I produce better results with it than others but in general I find that it is easy and quick to ball a whole melon and the results are easy to eat and attractive to look at. Having tried a cheaper version I think that the ease of use of the Brabantia makes the extra cost worthwhile. Mine still looks brand-new even though it has been used a lot over a number of years.

Beko ZA630W undercounter freezer, 3.6 cu ft capacity, 55cm, fast freeze switch, white

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and Frozen, 3 April 2012
I have now had this freezer about 8 months. I like the integrated handle and it is easy to change the door around. The top compartment is great for fastfreezing, the middle drawer is perfect for all of those awkward items in bags. Be aware however that the bottom drawer is only half-depth so is not as useful as the other two compartments. The large ice-making compartment at the top is also useful for open freezing fruit and herbs too.

I think that this runs very quietly and even though I should have remembered to have defrosted it by now there has been no build up of ice inside at all which has really pleased me. the Fast-freeze is useful when first using the appliance but I have not had to use it since.

Overall I think this is a nice, clean looking freezer which has versatile storage and is not noisy so I am very pleased with it.

OXO Good Grips Kitchen and Herb Scissors
OXO Good Grips Kitchen and Herb Scissors

4.0 out of 5 stars A Cut Above the Rest, 3 April 2012
I have several products from the GoodGrips range so I had high hopes for these scissors. I found the handles very easy to use, they are a good size with the right amount of padding to make them comfortable. The blades are the perfect length, long enough to tackle most jobs but not so long as to become unwieldly, they are also sharp and have tiny serations which stops meat and things slipping whilst being cut. I love the fact that they come apart for cleaning as I think that this is a really hygienic idea. I have never had much success with the herb stripper but that had no bearing on me buying the scissors anyway so it hasn't bothered me.

I have had mine over 18months now and have been really pleased with their performance and would definitely recommend them.

Stellar 40 oz Traditional Teapot
Stellar 40 oz Traditional Teapot

5.0 out of 5 stars Time for Tea, 3 April 2012
We have now owned this teapot for several years. It is the perfect size for 4 people with a strong, attached lid and a spout that always pours perfectly. The Stainless Steel keeps tea much hotter than our previous china teapot and I wouldn't dream of going back to a non-metal pot now. The quality is fantastic and this has not dented or bent at all so I would certainly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8