Profile for George Brennan > Reviews

Content by George Brennan

George Brennan (Abergavenny Wales)

Page: 1 | 2
The Odyssey (Great Epics)
The Odyssey (Great Epics)
by Homer
Edition: Audio Cassette

5.0 out of 5 stars The world must be told, 18 Oct. 2017
I wanted to give Cotswald five stars for excellent service. But to click anything it seems I have to come here and fritter my life away writing a review that nobody will ever read, in which I say that I think Anton Lesser is an excellent actor and Homer is a rather good author. There you are.

Silk - Series 1-3 [DVD] [2011]
Silk - Series 1-3 [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Maxine Peake

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Nov. 2015
i resent having to write a review. Writing a review should be an optional click

Beastly Chronicles of Saki (Spoken Word)
Beastly Chronicles of Saki (Spoken Word)
by Saki
Edition: Audio Cassette

1.0 out of 5 stars I love Saki. I would love someone to read me ..., 19 Dec. 2014
I love Saki. I would love someone to read me his stories - properly. That seems too much to ask. What we have here a dramatic collage. with dialogue culled from the better known stories. The readers and producers admire themselves for admiring Saki. and the read his lines with a heavily smirking manner that signals their own special appreciation of his wit. The female readers are especially irritating

I have yet to find a good audio Saki expericence. Another collection is ruined by the langorously senile presence of celebrity reader Dirk Bogarde
George Brennan
I have no complaints against the selller

External USB Floppy Drive - Black
External USB Floppy Drive - Black
Offered by Storage Depot Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilder hiimself thought that director Leisen had not made the best of it, 14 Nov. 2014
Ken Tynan in his Diaries wrote that Midnight was a forgotten masterpiece, thanks to its masterly Lubitschian script by Billy Wilder. Wilder hiimself thought that director Leisen had not made the best of it. Discontent with Leisen determin Welder to direct his own scripts. I agree with Tyanan and Wilder.
George Brennan

Midnight [DVD]
Midnight [DVD]
Dvd ~ Claudette Colbert

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilder script makes Midnight a masterpiece, 11 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Midnight [DVD] (DVD)
Kenneth Tynan in his Diaries said Midnight was a lost masterpiece. It would propably jhave deserved a less hesitant five stars from me if it had been directed by Wilder himself.

Big Love - Complete HBO Season 5 [DVD] [2012]
Big Love - Complete HBO Season 5 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Bill Paxton

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Love Season 5, 19 Jun. 2014
Last in the Series, leaving me with nothing to live for until I find another HBO -type series as good. In order to finish off the series there have to be melodramatic comeuppances and one must be prepared for some rather final solutions.

Pocket Super Bright Mini LED Flashlight Torch - Uses Single AA Battery. Buy from Campells for quick delivery from the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Single AA torch., 19 Jun. 2014
Its perfectly OK. But since brevity is not here the soul of wit I must add this quite unnecessary sentence.

Fyodor Dostoevsky Collection: The Wedding, the Dream of a Ridiculous Man (Classic Collection (Brilliance Audio))
by Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky
Edition: Audio CD

2.0 out of 5 stars Dostoevsky. Dream of a Ridiculous man. CD Audio, 3 May 2014
The Dream of a Ridiculous Man is a wonderful story. It needs a wonderful actor to read it. This reader is competent but wooden. For me that quite ruins this audio

Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media
Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media
by Edward S Herman

5.0 out of 5 stars Manufacturing consent, 27 Feb. 2014
I thought I knew a lot about the subliminal propaganda carried by even the best of the mainstream media. This masterpiece has taught me a lat more. I have never seen a cogent rebuttal of its essential claims. It has been ignored to death. But if it were not ignored to death, it would not be true.

Big Love - Complete HBO Season 2 [DVD]
Big Love - Complete HBO Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bill Paxton
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars BIg love season 2 , reviewed on request, 8 Dec. 2013
BL2 has usual HBO narrative skills(always leave them wanting something more) combined with its generous and sympathetic curiosity about unusual life styles. Acting is without flaw. HBO3 i also enjoyed, as looming catastrophe was once again narrowly escaped. I am sure that I would enjoy BL4. too but Amazon claim they are unable to deliver it. Why that shoiuld be I cannot imagine. Perhaps they have switiched away from the good old Royal Mail to some cowboy private company which cannot find the isolated welsh farm on which I live.

I am sure anyone "To who" am am speaking will read this with hushed fascination.

Page: 1 | 2