Profile for EBG > Reviews

Content by EBG

EBG (Cambridge)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Classic Bottle Style Ceramic Table Lamp with Fabric Shade (Fuchsia)
Classic Bottle Style Ceramic Table Lamp with Fabric Shade (Fuchsia)
Offered by Oregon Trading

2.0 out of 5 stars Cord much too short, 28 Jan. 2016
Rather cheap-looking considering how much it cost, and the cord is so short that there's no way it can be plugged in without an extension cord, . Sending it back.

Duck Heavy Duty Packaging Tape - 50 mm x 25 m
Duck Heavy Duty Packaging Tape - 50 mm x 25 m

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked well at first, but then disintegrated!, 8 Jan. 2016
The first couple of times I used this tape it worked well, unrolled easily and cut cleanly. It is definitely an advantage to have clear tape which you can use to stick on address labels (or similar) without having to worry about obscuring them.

I kept the roll of tape in a drawer in my kitchen for a couple of months, then tried to use it again only to find that it was now impossible to peel any tape off the roll without it disintegrating and shredding into very thin strips. I tried to discard the ripped bits of tape and cut a fresh edge, but after several minutes of the tape ripping when I tried to peel it I threw away the whole thing in frustration. It had not been subject to any extremes of temperature or to humidity, and a smaller roll of sticky tape which was stored next to it still works fine so I think there must be a fault with the Duck Tape.

Baylis & Harding Beauticology Body Butter Jar Mango and Mandarin, 250ml
Baylis & Harding Beauticology Body Butter Jar Mango and Mandarin, 250ml
Offered by Dallas Wear Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Very runny, more of a lotion than a body ..., 9 Nov. 2015
Very runny , more of a lotion than a body butter.

Iglu Rapid Relief Gel 8g
Iglu Rapid Relief Gel 8g
Offered by PharmaCity

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 22 May 2015
This review is from: Iglu Rapid Relief Gel 8g (Grocery)
This didn't work at all for me. It just sat in my mouth in a sticky lump and didn't relieve the pain of the ulcers at all, nor have they healed. I applied it several times over a couple of days, as directed,but it felt (I imagine) like having a chunk of Pritt Stik in my mouth, and was about as effective.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured, 27 Nov. 2014
The candles shown in the illustration when I ordered have reindeer and birds on them, and straight numbers. However the one which I received has a different design, with holly and snowflakes and higgledy piggedly numbers. Some of the numbers are nearly on the same level, eg it won't be possible to burn number 4 without burning most of number 5. Plus the design is printed a little off centre. I feel like I haven't quite got my money's worth, but it's too late to return/exchange it now.

On the positive side, I did receive my preferred colour after emailing to state my preference.

The Finding of Freddie Perkins
The Finding of Freddie Perkins
by Liz Baddaley

4.0 out of 5 stars A review from my ten-year-old daughter, 9 Jun. 2013
This book reminded me of Jacqueline Wilson. It's funny and exciting and puzzling. It also shows a really good relationship with Freddie and his granny. This book makes you feel involved and wondering what will happen next.

Salter Digital Kitchen Weighing Scales - Black
Salter Digital Kitchen Weighing Scales - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working within days, 1 Nov. 2010
I used these scales once, and then five days later they would not switch on. I replaced the battery (although they are supposed to have auto-shutoff, so even if I had accidentally left them on the battery should not have run out.) Once again, they only lasted a few days before they stopped working. I sent them back and received a refund.

HIGHLANDER 5-6 PERSON NON-STICK CAMPING COOKSET PANS
HIGHLANDER 5-6 PERSON NON-STICK CAMPING COOKSET PANS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of pans, 21 Aug. 2010
These pans stack neatly inside each other and come with a tough, zippable carrying case. They are a good range of sizes; the largest is big enough to cook a 500g pack of pasta. The handles are very practical; it is easy to pick up the pans and lids with the handles with no need for an oven mitt/hand protection. The pans heated through evenly and thanks to the non-stick coating they were very easy to wash, even after making scrambled egg. We only used them for one trip so I can't really comment on how durable they are, but I am very impressed with their practicality.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Leaked and gave my daughter glowing fingers!, 21 Aug. 2010
The sticks glowed brightly once activated. We linked a glowstick to make a bracelet for our daughter (as suggested by the instructions), but within 5 minutes the glowstick started leaking, leaving her with yellow glow-in-the-dark fingertips. The glow washed off her hands with no damage done, but for safety's sake we had to throw the stick away and I would not recommend giving to children except under very close supervision. (To be fair, the instructions do say to supervise children.)

You get what you pay for, I gues.

Orchard Toys Pop to the Shops
Orchard Toys Pop to the Shops

5.0 out of 5 stars A little complicated, but worth it and lots of fun!, 12 Jan. 2009
This game is a little more complicated than some of the other games in this range, but well worth it. My daughters ask to play it again and again. My 5 year old and her friends are enjoying learning to distinguish the coins and add them up to pay for items. My 3 year old also loves the game; it holds her concentration and she is starting to recognise the different coins.

One of the most fun aspects of the game is the roleplay element; when the time comes to buy something, the shopkeeper and customer have to talk to each other politely and you can experiment with different voices and accents for the shopkeeper which adds to the fun.

As other reviewers have mentioned, it is quite a long game and also it takes a few minutes to set up. But it's easy to make the game quicker by declaring in advance that the first person to buy (eg) 4 items will be the winner, instead of waiting until someone has bought 6 items.

The game is most fun with 4 players and wouldn't be so much fun with just 2 players.

If your children enjoy the Orchard Toys 'Shopping List' game, this is the ideal next step from age 3 1/2 up.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3