Profile for KATushka > Reviews

Bath Pubs
Bath Pubs
by Kirsten T. Elliott

4.0 out of 5 stars Bath Pubs, 29 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Bath Pubs (Paperback)
This book was particularly interesting for me as self-appointed family historian. My great-grandparents owned the Bear Inn and Brewery in Bath in the 1800's, and my grandfather was born right there. I found plenty of information about the family in the piece written about the Bear Inn, which helped tremendously with my family research, and also resulted in my finding relatives in New Zealand, who are also descendants of my great-great-grandfather, William Giller. It would be most helpful if the authors of this little book could delve into the history, if possible, in greater detail of some of the older pubs. Who knows what else will pop up.

Paw Tracks in the Moonlight
Paw Tracks in the Moonlight
by Denis O'Connor

5.0 out of 5 stars Paw Tracks in the Moonlight, 29 Jun. 2010
This book was recommended to me by Amazon because of other cat books I'd bought in the past. I've read Doreen Tovey and Deric Longden, as well as other books along the line, and have laughed until I've cried. When I received my book, my daughter-in-law got to read it first, and when she returned it she warned me to have the tissues ready. I made a point of only reading it when I was alone, and I simply can't say any more than anyone else has, except that I'd love to visit Northumberland to see the landscape for myself. The only other thing to say is - when is Dennis O'Connor going to write the next book, as he mentioned that he left Owl Cottage four months after TJ died but somehow he returned to the area some years later - "but that's another story" is how he put it. Come on Dennis, let's have that other story, as well as some more books about Toby Jug's life. The book was written so beautifully.