Profile for J-Bar > Reviews

Content by J-Bar

J-Bar (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Just Around the Bend (Bellingwood Book 18)
Just Around the Bend (Bellingwood Book 18)

5.0 out of 5 stars More adventures from Bellingwood, 26 Sept. 2017
Further adventures from Bellingwood. I love these books and have read them all. Diane has an amazing ability to involve you in the lives of her town and characters.

Death Rides the Zephyr: A Mystery
Death Rides the Zephyr: A Mystery

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 26 Sept. 2017
Superb story as always and I found all the information about the train fascinating too. I wish I could ride the Zephyr!

Death Deals a Hand: A California Zephyr Mystery
Death Deals a Hand: A California Zephyr Mystery

5.0 out of 5 stars A great mini series, 26 Sept. 2017
What a great find. I have loved the Jeri Howard series for years. A fascinating insight into 50s rail travel in the USA and a great story too.

Boundless Dreams (Bellingwood Book 19)
Boundless Dreams (Bellingwood Book 19)

5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same - thank goodness!, 26 Sept. 2017
I love these books. As ever Diane manages to make the characters and their lives completely engrossing. Already dying for the next one.

Tanager's Fledglings (The Tanager Book 1)
Tanager's Fledglings (The Tanager Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story in an interesting universe., 19 Jun. 2017
I really enjoyed this book. For me it had lots of echoes of Nathan Lowell's Trader series. Great and interesting characters. I am definitely looking forward to reading more about Jem and co. Without introducing spoilers this book set up some intriguing strands for what will be, I hope a long series.

The Adventures of Bella & Emily
The Adventures of Bella & Emily

5.0 out of 5 stars A charming tale of a girl and her pony., 12 Mar. 2017
This a charming story and suitable for any age. I was impressed with how informative it was regarding looking after a pony. It is definitely hard work but also rewarding. I would say a must read for anyone considering getting a pony.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2017 4:56 PM GMT

SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder
SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for multi-cat households, 3 Mar. 2016
I bought 2 of these feeders back in December but didn't start using them properly until January once Christmas etc was out of the way. We have 2 cats. One is a "senior" and rather overweight and the other has some health issues where I need to be able to monitor exactly how much he is eating so I can pick up on any issues before they become serious.

You definitely have to be patient with the training to use these feeders. One cat took to it fairly quickly but the other was wary for quite a while. All I can say is keep your patience and don't try to go too fast. Both cats are now perfectly happy with the feeders and feeding time has become much more relaxed and I know exactly who is eating what and how much.

These feeders are not cheap by any means but if you have a multi cat household and need to be able to control who is eating what they are a Godsend. I can now put food for both down when when it is convenient and not have to worry that one cat will eat it all. The rubber seal means wet food keeps brilliantly during the day and doesn't dry out or stink out the kitchen. Pudgy cat now seems much more relaxed and is back to her old habit of grazing through the day instead of gobbling down everything in sight before the other cat eats it.

Harmony Black (Harmony Black Series Book 1)
Harmony Black (Harmony Black Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great new series, 20 Jan. 2016
I read this as part of the Amazon first pick offer. The first book I have read by Craig Schaefer and I loved it. Great characters, fast paced, creepy and a good twist of humour. I am already looking forward to the next in the series and will go and check out Craig's other books.

In Ashes Born (A Seeker's Tale From The Golden Age Of The Solar Clipper Book 1)
In Ashes Born (A Seeker's Tale From The Golden Age Of The Solar Clipper Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ish is back!, 25 Oct. 2015
Wonderful to see this series continuing. Read this in almost one huge gulp and was exhausted at work the next day. When's the next one?!

Follow the Crow (Vanished, #1)
Follow the Crow (Vanished, #1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Crows! Crows! Crows!, 12 July 2015
An interesting read told from several different perspectives. Being a Hillerman fan I liked the Navajo theme running it through it. Quite creepy and sad in places but also hopeful. I feel like I need a break before the next book but I have it on my wish list!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3