Profile for janehopetaylor > Reviews

Content by janehopetaylor

janehopetaylor

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars lilies, 17 Feb. 2014
I had these stuck in my hair for my wedding I liked them and people said they looked very nice.

9729 9cm Navy Floral Acrylic clamp. Hair Clip Accessory Wedding Party PromProm
9729 9cm Navy Floral Acrylic clamp. Hair Clip Accessory Wedding Party PromProm
Offered by Chic Gifts

4.0 out of 5 stars hair clip, 17 Feb. 2014
A nice solid hair clip. A bit small to get all my hair in. I had one similar but it was bigger than this.

The Vein of Gold: A Journey to Your Creative Heart
The Vein of Gold: A Journey to Your Creative Heart
by Julia Cameron

5.0 out of 5 stars The vein of gold, 17 Feb. 2014
Well, we are using it in our group., we previously used The Artist's Way and have moved on to The Vein of Gold. So far we have been telling each other our life stories each week, in 5 year chunks. Quite a useful thing to do. I havn't looked at the book much yet, but others in the group have said they think it's even better than The Artist's Way. I like the whole spiritual dimension side to these books, and I have had a more interesting life for the two years so far I've spent in our group, it's inspired me to try a lot of new things - or at least to follow my own heart and inclinations.

Two Caravans
Two Caravans
by Marina Lewycka

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book I want to start a fan club, 13 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Two Caravans (Paperback)
I absolutely love this book especially the character of DOG. I have read the book three times now, and each time I have got to know and understand the characters better. It improves with each re-reading. I especially love the character of Lola and the bit of her in the toilet at the chicken farm being "supervised" by a "food hygiene expert" was hilarious. (p. 143)
I really think she got inside the skin of the wonderfully intelligent, optimistic, bouncy, heroic dog. I do feel there are dogs like this in existence, having seen one on You-tube pulling an injured dog to safety across a busy three lane road.
I can't wait to see this made into a film or series. I see it has been made into an opera but really it would make a stunning film.
The characterizations are all so different and believable, her observations are very detailed and exact - that's the reason it got better as there is so much in there it's hard to catch it all on a first reading when you are just wanting to know what happens at the end.
There is some quite awful stuff about forced prostitution but which I felt needed to be observed and said. Also the male/female interactions and feelings and thoughts are very perceptive.
The book manages to be heart warming and funny in the midst of some awful conditions and tragedies., due to the utter delightfulness and essential goodness, innocence, bravery, resourcefulness and spirit of some of the characters. (Despite the rottenness of others). I can't believe my entire book group apart from two of us thought it not very good! I can't wait for her next book - but maybe she has one out already.

BIC For Her Medium Ballpoint Pen - Black, Box of 12
BIC For Her Medium Ballpoint Pen - Black, Box of 12

4.0 out of 5 stars LONG LIVE THE PINK PEN!, 13 Feb. 2013
I havn't actually seen the pen, but, I gather from the reviews that it is pink. At age 53 I finally allowed myself to buy a pink top., because I really loved it, even at the risk of appearing too girly and hence somehow lacking. I have been jealous of my young daughter's fine pink clothing for too long, and I now have sufficient wrinkles to fight off unwanted male attention. Some may say I have embraced my feminine side rather late in life, but I say, there is not a rule to say that masculine is better. PINK AND PROUD. Black may indeed be masculine, but rather drab. LONG LIVE THE PINK PEN!