Profile for louisa > Reviews

Content by louisa

louisa

Page: 1 | 2
My Best Friend's Dad Part One: The Sleepover (My Dad's Best Friend Book 1)
My Best Friend's Dad Part One: The Sleepover (My Dad's Best Friend Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot, 10 Feb. 2016
Really gripping read, would recommend!

Anker 40W 5-Port High Speed Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Nokia and More (White)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 9 Jan. 2015
It works well and I love the idea, but one of the ports stopped working after a couple of months, apparently it's too late to return it.

Comme Des Garcons 2 Eau de parfum 100 ml
Comme Des Garcons 2 Eau de parfum 100 ml
Offered by mivendo

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Masculine, 24 Aug. 2012
Comme des Garçons sent me a sample of this and I must say that as soon as I smelled it I passed it onto my boyfriend, I find it strange that they made a "man" version of 2 at all, because it smells entirely masculine to me. It reminds me a lot of like some kind of musky salty incense, it's very pleasant but very strong, and almost a little christmassy and woody.. like pine with potpourri?
I do love it on my boyfriend though, it's not a "typical" male cologne, but I imagine you'd have to be quite an unconventional woman to wear this, I'd like to, but it's just not quite me.

New Kindle Purple SD Folio Case Cover Pouch , All - New Latest Generation 2011 Release Amazon Kindle 6" inch Wi-Fi, from G-HUB

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Well Made, 16 Aug. 2012
This Kindle cover was bought as a christmas present for my Mother, and she loved it! It's a really lovely cover that allows you to hold the Kindle in a more "book-like" way, while making sure that it remains protected after you throw it into a handbag. The outside of the case is a high quality faux leather, but it does look real (trust me).. it has a nice grain to the "leather" which is pleasing to the eye and touch, but obviously, you're not going to be getting real leather for this price. The clasp is a magnetised popper, meaning that once it's closed- it stays closed. For my Kindle I was bought one of Amazon's own Kindle covers Amazon Kindle Leather Cover, Wine Purple and it has a tendency to swing open in my bag because it has no clasp, and it's all scratched too :( If I had bought that cover with my own money i'd be disappointed, as this faux leather cover is a much better option.
The inside facing cover is a suedette material with a pocket for slotting in booklists or any leaflets etc, which is a useful feature.
The lamp that comes as a free gift was appreciated by my mother (her eyesight isn't great) but it has since broken.. which isn't great, but it was a free gift with something I think was an incredibly good buy.
You won't be disappointed by this cover!

Tefal Specifics Square Grill Pan, Non Stick, 26cm
Tefal Specifics Square Grill Pan, Non Stick, 26cm
Offered by SelectiveGoods

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality Pan, Wobbly Handle, 16 Aug. 2012
I bought this pan eight months ago to replace a cheaper frying pan whose non-stick had started to flake off, all in all, I do believe that this was a good buy, the teflon coating is still firmly stuck where it belongs. However the handle has got increasingly wobbly since I've owned it, and no amount of tightening the screw seems to change this. I'm not sure whether I'm just doing it wrong or if there are more screws that I can't see but it really doesn't seem to make much difference when I get my screwdriver out.
It's not a huge issue, it's still sturdy enough to cook with, but i'd rather it didn't wobble.
Just a word of warning to anyone who might not have considered the size of this thing- it's a big ol' pan. Sometimes this means that on a normal sized hob ring the food on the very outer corners doesn't cook as quickly, but you come to expect it with a pan of this size. I've used the pan to cook all sorts of things, the griddle-esque lines are great for steaks but they make no difference when cooking other stuff.
Great product from a great company.

Haws - Indoor Plastic Handy Watering Can (Duck Egg Blue)
Haws - Indoor Plastic Handy Watering Can (Duck Egg Blue)
Offered by Red House Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Little Watering Can, 16 Aug. 2012
I bought this watering can as a Valentine's day present for my boyfriend, it's been six months since then and the can is still in one piece. The best thing about this product is that it is small, dainty and does not take up much room but it retains all the features you'd want from a full sized watering can.
The small removable rose is good for using indoors as it means that you can get the sprinkler effect without getting water all over your window sill. The material is also an asset for inside use- as it is very light and hard wearing, meaning that nothing gets damaged when you drop it as it might with a traditional metal can. The colours this comes in are all very fun, and can be chosen to match your décor.
All in all, this is the perfect present for any greenfingered child or (like my boyfriend) an aspiring gardener with no outdoor garden.

Sunwire Car charger for SAMSUNG GALAXY S/S2/ACE/WAVE/WAVE 2/MINI/S3/S4/S5
Sunwire Car charger for SAMSUNG GALAXY S/S2/ACE/WAVE/WAVE 2/MINI/S3/S4/S5
Offered by ElectsGenie

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 16 Aug. 2012
I bought this car charger for my grandmother so she can keep her mobile in her car and it would always be charged in case of emergencies. It is very easy to use, even for a technophobe like my Nan. It arrived incredibly quickly and was easy to install- just put it in the cigarette lighter.
In case anyone was interested this was bought for use with a Samsung Galaxy Y, but it has the same fitting for most new Samsung phones (which incidentally is also the fitting for the Kindle) this is a great buy for anyone with any of these products, especially as Samsung is such a popular brand of phone at the moment. Overall, very cheap, does the job- fab!

Oral B SuperFloss Super Dental Floss for Braces Bridges
Oral B SuperFloss Super Dental Floss for Braces Bridges

5.0 out of 5 stars Super for orthodontia, 18 May 2012
I have a fitted wire behind my lower incisors, and it's really difficult to clean my teeth properly. This floss is great because you can clean EVERYWHERE. The individual strands are quite long, and you can use them to floss teeth that don't have any dental work on them. I wish the packaging was a bit more user friendly like it is for normal floss, as a cardboard box and plastic bag is a bit of a faff.
Overall, fab, and there's nothing else like it on the market.

***PACK OF THREE*** Samsung Galaxy Note i9220 Anti-Scratch Screen Protector/LCD Screen Guard with Free MicroFibre Cleaning Cloth [UK Gadget]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 18 May 2012
Each screen protector comes in a little plastic bag, and have an easy to understand method of application. When it's on the screen you can hardly tell the difference between when the screen protector is on the phone and when it isn't.
It took me a couple of tries to get it on the phone perfectly.. but when it comes with three for such a cheap price, that doesn't matter at all. It's my own fault for not being that good with my hands.
Overall, a really nice product which is really good quality.

Red Croco Leather Hard Back Case Cover For Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 i9220
Red Croco Leather Hard Back Case Cover For Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 i9220

2.0 out of 5 stars both good and bad, 18 May 2012
This phone case looks really expensive on the phone, it's quite difficult to make a phone this big look glamourous, but somehow it does! HOWEVER, the inside of the case is blue and the colour has transferred onto the back of my (white) phone. it doesn't seem to come off.. :( if I didn't want to always keep the case on my note this would be a real pitfall.
I do love how it looks, I only wish they hadn't coloured the inside of the case.
Great for the price but i probably wouldn't buy it again as I have a white phone, would be fine for the black note though.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2012 9:32 AM BST