Profile for Rebecca Roberts > Reviews

Content by Rebecca Roberts

Rebecca Roberts "Rebecca" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Save The Last Dance 2 [DVD]
Save The Last Dance 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Izabella Miko

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep dancing, 25 April 2008
This review is from: Save The Last Dance 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I actually prefer this film to the first one, it's a lot more light hearted and I find the chemistry between Sarah & Miles much more interesting and alive than in the previous film. I find Isabella Miko far less preachy than Julia Stiles and Columbus Short is amazing in this film. And the dancing, if you are a fan of dance and the films based on it then you will like it for that if nothing else.

To be honest it doesn't have a lot of substance but I watch it for the moves and some light hearted entertainment.

Step Up [DVD]
Step Up [DVD]
Dvd ~ Channing Tatum
Offered by Nr1mediaFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Steppin' Up, 4 April 2008
This review is from: Step Up [DVD] (DVD)
I have lost count of the amount of times I have watched this film. I absolutely love it. The dancing is amazing and the music enchances his even more. If you love dance type films such as Honey, Save The Last Dance then I have no doubt you will love this film. Other comments about predictable plotlines should be heeded if you're not a dance fanatic or Tatum Channing fan, being both of these things I find it hard to find fault.

One very memorable scene is the group dance scene where Nora's friend (Drew Sidora) sings Til the Dawn. I want to join in and I wish things like that really happened in the clubs I go to.

I'm heading to the cinema to watch Step Up2: The Streets tonight and so I hope I will feel as inspired.

Most Wanted
Most Wanted

4.0 out of 5 stars Definately most wanted, 1 April 2008
This review is from: Most Wanted (Audio CD)
I love this album and connot stop playing it. There are some songs which are beyond cheesey but given Duff's disney background that is to be expected. Mixed in with the chessiness is some really amazing stuff though. The following are some of my favourite tracks:

-Wake Up: Party tune and perhaps a little nod to the press that think they know celebs so well.

- Come Clean: A really good remix and definately a high light with it's dance sounds and sharp lyrics

- So Yesterday: Again the lyrics are witty and it's a feel good song about break ups

- Metamorphisis: Rock chick Hilary at her best. I think this is possibly my favourite song on the whole album

- Rock his World: Another rock type belter, I cannot stop playing this.

Tangled Up
Tangled Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Play aloud, 26 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Tangled Up (Audio CD)
I love, love, love this album. It starts with the ace Call The Shots and in my opinion gets better & better. I really love the tracks Girl Overboard, Close to Love and Blackjacks. Tangled Up shows a new side to the band whilst keeping that 'thing' about that just makes you want to dress up and have a girls night out or even night in.

Whenever I'm feeling like I can't be bothered to go out i used to play the Greatest Hits but this album has now replaced that as it never fails to get me in the mood to dance all night.

Give it a go.

Carolina Moon [DVD] [2007]
Carolina Moon [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Claire Forlani
Offered by rightpricediscs

3.0 out of 5 stars Carolina Moon, 26 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Carolina Moon [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I watched this after reading the book which i couldn't put down. While the film is reasonable it fails to convey the inter linking relationships between all the main characters are deliver the same emotion that i felt whilst reading the book. You could argue that this was because I knew what was to happen but I just think it is extremely hard to bring books to life and keep the same level of emotion and/or drama. That being said I did enjoy the film and if you are watching this because you love Nora Roberts I have no doubt you will enjoy it but be prepared - films rarely match the book.

The actors are also well cast, Oliver Hudson is Cade Lavelle and Claire Forlani is a very convincing Tory. The only thing that grates on me is the extreme Southern accent by some cast members, Jaqueline Bissett in particular was cringworthy.

Breakaway
Breakaway

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect angry girl rock, 12 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Breakaway (Audio CD)
I bought this album around the same time as a particularly awful break up and it became the soundtrack of my summer with belter "i don't need him" style songs such as Since You Been Gone and Behind These Hzels Eyes along with more poignant sonds such as Addicted and Because of You. It felt like everysong expressed something i was feeling at that time.

Highlights i would recommend are Beautiful Disaster, Walk Away, Gone & Addicted and really thw whole album is just fab!

I would recommend it to everyone.

Birthright
Birthright
by Nora Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 11 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Birthright (Paperback)
I read this book after reading and falling in love with Montana Sky. I read anticipating more of the suspense, romance and chemistry as Montana Sky and i was not disappointed. Whilst being slightly predictable with the lead characters (Callie: the stubborn but beautiful strong willed heroine and Jake: the ruggedly handsome, protective love interest)the book grabbed my intention is the same way and i found myself not wanting to put it down.

There is a lot going on as another reviewier noted but i wouldn't say it's hard to follow and that is what makes the story interesting.

I tend to find all of Nora's books contain my favoutite elements all mixed togethr such as intrigue, suspense, romance and a strong female character.

I would recommend this to all fans of Nora Roberts and indeed those who have never picked up one of her books before.

Enjoy!

Angel - Season 1 [DVD]
Angel - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Boreanaz

5.0 out of 5 stars angelic, 4 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Angel - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Call me crazy but I actually prefer Angel to Buffy, i find it more funny, better written and the characters are more intriging. Particularly Cordelia who has grown as a person while still keeping that attitude that people loved in Buffy. My favourite episode of this series focuses on Cordy and is "Rm w/a Vu" featuring Phantom Dennis (who has some short but memorable mentions later in the series like when Cordy is prgnant or Faith breaks in).

Another standout episode is "I Will Remember You" which is a Buffy crossover and is positivelty heartbreaking as Angel becomes human but gives it back for the greater good.

Another good feature is the recurring villains that are Wolfram & Heart, lawyers to evil!! They are such a good creation and really bring a different dynamic to the good v evil fight.

I also love the way that previous Buffy are characters have been given more depth, I already mentioned Cordelia but Wesley becomes strangely adorable as the series progresses and we get to explore people from Angel's past like Darla & Drusilla.

If you love Buffy then this is a must for you!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2008 11:58 PM GMT

Bring It On: In It to Win It [DVD]
Bring It On: In It to Win It [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ashley Benson

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite brought!!, 25 Jan. 2008
Brint it on was amazing, Bring It On Again not so much. The series was saved with the ace All or Nothing so I expected something just as good for this installment. Sadly it bears more resemblance to Bring It On again. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it because i did but i love any film with dance involved!!

If you are a fan of Bring it on then you will like this as i did but it is not even close to being as good as All or Nothing!

Hocus Pocus [DVD] [1993]
Hocus Pocus [DVD] [1993]
Dvd ~ Bette Midler

5.0 out of 5 stars It will put a spell on you, 3 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Hocus Pocus [DVD] [1993] (DVD)
I was first introduced to this film as a child and have recently rediscovered it at age 23. I still love it. Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy are so hilarious as the evil Sanderson sisters and the musical numbers are fab. I agree there should be a soundtrack.

Definately one to watch, kids will love it, I put it on for my younger brother and he loved it. The only thing that creeped him out was the talking cat, think Salem from Sabrina the Teenage Witch. This cat is Sarcastic, dry and ultmately hilarious.

Give it a go people. Bette Midler is ace.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4