Profile for Oft > Reviews

Content by Oft

Oft

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Crafting Springtime Gifts: 25 Adorable Projects Featuring Bunnies, Chicks, Lambs and Other Springtime Favourites
by Tone Finnanger

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to digest anytime, a real delightful treat, 14 Feb. 2016
I love this book and it is a wonderful addition to my Sew Pretty Homestyle book,144 pages and slightly more expensive, also a Tilda book by D&C, from Amazon. Inspiring projects and the templates at the back are perfect for me. This book has 80 pages in total. First published in 2006, my edition is a 2010 print. I would say I am an advanced sewist but there are projects in this book for beginners, whether you follow the instructions to the word or use the book for inspiration. I would suggest that straight machine stitch 2 1/2 used, rather than 3, especially for the smaller projects. A smaller stitch makes gives a smoother curve result too, but good idea to do a few practice seams, to see what your machine's results are. The preface is of this book is charming, giving details about Easter and Springtime and Tone Finnanger, the author, writes about Easter in her homeland, Scandinavia. A book to cherish, if I had to choose between an Easter Egg and a cuppa or this book and a cuppa, it would definately be this book...I am sure I could always get a bit of choc from family's eggs! I used buttons from The Bead and Button Box, from Amazon, for the pic of the goose.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Scott of the Antartic Birthday Card - Great Scott! You're how old?
Scott of the Antartic Birthday Card - Great Scott! You're how old?
Offered by Cardspark

5.0 out of 5 stars not only is card perfect for recipient, 13 Feb. 2016
Will use seller again, not only is card perfect for recipient, the card is sent in a DO NOT BEND envelope, which is fantastic, as some of our post men are rather free spirited when it comes to delivering post via our old victorian letterbox, on the smaller size. Quality of card amazing, very happy indeed.

Solar System Calendar: A Visual Exploration of the Planets, Moons and Other Heavenly Bodies That Orbit Our Sun (2016 Calendar)
by Marcus Chown
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars A yearly order for us!, 16 Dec. 2015
Not opened yet but we have 2015 and it hangs in the bathroom so plenty of time to read and digest information. 2016 will be just as fascinating. Picture quality amazing.

Crystals & Gems Uk 80 Clear Faceted Acrylic Sew On Diamante Crystals
Crystals & Gems Uk 80 Clear Faceted Acrylic Sew On Diamante Crystals
Offered by Crystals & Gems UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Endless crafting possibilities!, 16 Dec. 2015
Perfect for my crafting purposes. I received:
20 x Square sides are 10mm.
15 x Small circle 10mm
12 x Large Circle diameter 12mm.
15 x Small tear drop L13mm W8mm.
8 x Large Tear drop length 18mm widest 11mm.
8 x Eye shape length 20mm widest 10mm.
9 x Oblong overall 18mm width 13mm.

No. 1 West Ham Fan Birthday Card with Rosette Badge
No. 1 West Ham Fan Birthday Card with Rosette Badge

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and great quality, 15 Dec. 2015
Perfect for a 50th birthday, recipient will be pleased to receive this fun card. Arrived in perfect condition. Will use seller again.

Uni White PWE-5M Liquid Chalk Marker Whiteboard Blackboard Chalkboard Non Permanent (Pack of 1)
Offered by HaberCrafts

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use/wipe off, 15 Dec. 2015
What a find and a great price! Perfect for using during 1-2-1 sewing classes with age 11 students. In fact, endless uses, for crafting. Will use seller again. Post and packaging excellent.

Size 9/0 Seed Beads 1000 Opaque Black Qty 1
Size 9/0 Seed Beads 1000 Opaque Black Qty 1
Offered by The Bead Shop (Nottingham) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Black Gutermann Seed Beads size 9/0, 14 Dec. 2015
Product is perfect for many crafts, especially using as seeds on knitted poppies, the effect is just what I wanted. Great price and delivery. Always check size of the beads...this seller states size clearly, which prompted me to choose their items. All Gutermann goods that I have purchased to date, are extremely well made and reliable. Would use seller again.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Miller's Dance: A Novel of Cornwall 1812-1813 (Poldark)
The Miller's Dance: A Novel of Cornwall 1812-1813 (Poldark)
by Winston Graham

4.0 out of 5 stars Book 9 The Miller's Dance, 11 Dec. 2015
Reading 10th book now and the 9th took the longest for me to read so far, simply because of the Carrington character! I am no expert book reviewer but I am sure this character was conjured up by Winston Graham, to be intensely disliked by many readers (?) and WG certainly did this for me! Zooming through 10th book, it is how I love WG's writing, full of precise history and descriptions so deep and full. Intensely thought provoking re the class system too. I have a stack of books to read, after I have finished the final 12th book, but they'll have to wait. I do not want to write about what exactly happens in book 9, it would, of course, spoil it for readers! This is the only book from the Poldark series I've read so far, that I give 4 stars, rather than 5!

Love from Paddington
Love from Paddington
by Michael Bond

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Bond writes for all ages...full of humour and charm, 11 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Love from Paddington (Paperback)
Arrived in perfect condition, I cannot wait to read this book...just as soon as I've finished reading current series of books. Have had a few peaks meanwhile and it's endearing reading. Michael Bond is a favourite author of mine, especially because he has a soft spot for guinea pigs, as well as bears, which he shows in his Olga d Polga books!

50pcs Brooch Bar Pins Findings 32mm
50pcs Brooch Bar Pins Findings 32mm
Offered by Universal Color

5.0 out of 5 stars I like to keep a permanent stock of this 32mm size!, 10 Nov. 2015
Perfect size for making poppy brooches and endless project ideas! Well made and great quality/value, I prefer this type of brooch bar.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11