Profile for Oft > Reviews

Content by Oft

Oft

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Outward Hound Kyjen 31004 Hide A Squirrel Plush Dog Toy 7 Piece, Ginormous, Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite in the four legged friend's toybox!, 19 Sept. 2017
We have had the large size for around 5 years now and our Lab Retriever is 8 years old and still loves this...especially as it involves 'squirrels'! Other four legged friends enjoy this toy too, the most recent, a 10wk old and we've used one of the perfectly sized squirrels to teach 'drop/give' and then return the squirrel to repeat a few times...it worked wonders! I recommend this toy so much and obviously there are those dogs that need supervision and those that don't, depending on age, etc etc. Worth every penny, our toy is still in immaculate condition! I machine wash the toys in a net wash bag on a short 30 minute cycle and they dry well and the squirrels still have a healthy squeak! We received 3 squirrels with our large size. Head to end of squirrel tail around 18cm long and width and depth around 6cm. Tree trunk around 15cm height and 17cm depth, with 3 holes.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Checkmate: Book 3 (Noughts And Crosses)
Checkmate: Book 3 (Noughts And Crosses)
by Malorie Blackman

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our young teenager (male), 18 May 2017
I don't usually get much feedback from teenage member of the family apart from whether he is enjoying a book and it seems this set has been thoroughly enjoyed. Reading at the same time as school set Literature books, I guess it's a welcome change to have leisure reading time...I can remember appreciating this too... and I have noticed the set of 3 books by Malorie Blackman have been read into the late night, another good sign. I attach a list of some of the other books that have been enjoyed by young teenager.

(Dublin Dog) Water Resistant Dog Collar Simply Red & Grey Large
(Dublin Dog) Water Resistant Dog Collar Simply Red & Grey Large

5.0 out of 5 stars The best collar choice for our Labrador Retriever., 16 May 2017
This is out fourth, same colour, same size, the best collar around for our Labrador Retriever (black Lab in pic attached). Previously, any collar we purchased ended up smelly or looking old. The DD withstands so much wear/tear, out and about and in the water, our Lab certainly puts them through a rough time. Couldn't give a specific shelf life as it depends how much wear each dog puts them through. We renew when the red starts to fade a bit. Worth every penny for us.

Tilda's Summer Ideas
Tilda's Summer Ideas
by Tone Finnanger

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Summer Ideas book and beautiful inspiring projects for many levels, 15 May 2017
This review is from: Tilda's Summer Ideas (Paperback)
So many inspirational ideas, I use the heart templates on a regular basis. If I'm using the small heart template for turning fabric inside out, I leave an overhanging lip on the opening, especially if using fabric which has doesn't have a tight weave and frays easily... I find this fabric is good for filling with lavender, to get best aroma. I use a Frixion pen, I find best price for these from Amazon, to make my markings as this can be erased by ironing, but do check this on a scrap piece of the fabric first, as there's always the 1% of fabrics which might leave a faint mark, for one reason or another. I use a 'small' size stitch ripper, from Amazon, to get the points of the heart shape, use carefully and with much patience to get the point looking as good as you can, with the fabric you are using. I attach a pic of the small hearts I have made for a current project, they haven't been pressed yet and with them is the small stitch ripper I have...I have quite a selection over the years, of different size stitch rippers! All in all, I love the Tilda books and have a growing collection of them, that look good on my craft (also called Mum's) book shelf too!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect choice for young teenager, 19 Mar. 2017
Young teenager asked for a bedroom update, a JL poster, the first request for a poster with a specific 'star' and with that, a female 'star'. Very happy to oblige, having looked up JL posters, there are certainly more of what I would call, inappropriate JL posters for a young teenage fan. I think this one is the most refined and I'll be happy in the room doing housework around this poster. I chose the laminated picture, beautiful and impeccable packaging. I will certainly use seller again. The poster is on ensuite door, fits on perfectly with plenty of blue tack, as laminated choice heavier than usual standard poster. Teenager delighted, mum delighted...we're both fans of the Hunger Games films/books! Amazing graphics.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Wrenwane Digital Kitchen Timer, Big Digits, Loud Alarm, Magnetic Backing, Stand, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent timer, with each minute figure measuring W13mm x ..., 3 Feb. 2017
Excellent timer, with each minute figure measuring W13mm x H29mm and the seconds measuring W9mm x H22mm making it great to see from across the kitchen or those of us with imperfections in the eyesight dept.
This timer counts UP and DOWN.
The alarm sounds like the usual alarm clock, so it's easy on the ear.
Overall, the dimensions are 80mm x 75mm x 20mm (as stated on the packaging).
The instructions are on a sheet measuring 80mm x 175mm and although it has a small print, around size 7 in Arial font, they couldn't be clearer and easier to understand. Wrenwane also provide Customer Services email address and Website address but no telephone number (I had a quick look at their Website and couldn't see a telephone number). The Home page on the Website states the following:

Wrenwane provides a range of home accessory products that not only meet the highest quality expected from our consumers but also at very affordable price. Established in October 2013, Wrenwane was trademarked and added to the UK register in February 2014 and the US register in July 2014. Our product line primarily sell on Amazon in the UK & US, with several best sellers.

Just needs an AAA battery, which is great, because our previous timer needed a costly disc battery.
This timer has magnets at the back for putting on fridge or similar, it also has a hook for threading string and hanging facility or you can use the retractable stand.
As far as I can see, this is a winner for me!

Wolf by Wolf: A BBC Radio 2 Book Club Choice: Book 1
Wolf by Wolf: A BBC Radio 2 Book Club Choice: Book 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Book 1&2 received excellent feedback from our teenagers, 3 Feb. 2017
Just finished reading book 1 and 2, (we don't have any Kindles), our teenagers were staying up to cram in as much as possible of these books. I don't usually get indepth feedback about the books they're reading, apart from whether they're enjoying them. I've made a list of books that fit into our 'teenage books' box, to keep them altogether. They include books read by age range 12-14. Just started on the Malorie Blackman books, which look great. The Simon Scarrow and Patrick Ness books are yet to be read too. The rest of the books on the list have had positive/great feedback. The list doesn't include the school novels for English Lit. I do find Amazon reviews extremely helpful when it comes to finding books for teenagers, I find it's worth spending quality time reading them.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Home Sweet Home Double Sided Tapestry Fabric Draught Excluder (90x17cms approx)
Home Sweet Home Double Sided Tapestry Fabric Draught Excluder (90x17cms approx)
Offered by COUTURE DESIGN for your home

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 17 Dec. 2016
On arrival, I noticed the packaging had a little rip, so I could see the product, but fortunately, it wasn't damaged. NB The draught excluder arrives folded which doesn't affect the outer fabric at all and there is only the one layer of protective packaging. It is beautiful and pictures do not do it justice. I've weighed ours and it is around 500g, give or take a few gramms. Ours replaces one which had no zip and was around 10 years old, so it's great to see this one has a zip and the pattern fits so well in our Victorian cottage. The zip opening is 55cm on our one. It measures 20.5cm x 90cm and there is a Care Label inside. Will use the seller again, for sure.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Black Labrador Retriever Slim Calendar 2017 (Slim Standard)
Black Labrador Retriever Slim Calendar 2017 (Slim Standard)
by AVONSIDE PUBLISHING LTD
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of space for notes/reminders/appts, 8 Dec. 2016
Super cute, a yearly calender we look forward to opening. Excellent quality and value.

The Book of Beasts (Hollow Earth)
The Book of Beasts (Hollow Earth)
by John Barrowman

5.0 out of 5 stars John & Carole Barrowman are two of the finest writers for sure, 8 Dec. 2016
Great writers, more please, bedtime reading and keeping a 14 year old gripped and engrossed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11