Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn More Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Profile for Evangeline Walters > Reviews

Content by Evangeline Walters

Evangeline Walters "Eva" (Mirfield, UK)

Star Wars Rebels Season 2,  Volume 3
Star Wars Rebels Season 2, Volume 3
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Lack of episodes is unacceptable, 27 Mar. 2016
I know it's a bit cheeky to only give this one star when we've actually been really enjoying the series, but the situation with lack of episodes has gone beyond a joke. At the time of writing (27 March), if I'd bought the season pass via iTunes UK, I'd be able to watch up to episode 8, broadcast on 24 March. But because I was daft enough to buy it from Amazon, we're STILL stuck on episode 5, broadcast 23 February. Even though I've paid the same amount of money. Won't be making that mistake again.

Orchard Toys Go Go Dragons! Board Game
Orchard Toys Go Go Dragons! Board Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family game, 6 Jan. 2016
My 3yo was given this for Christmas. We love it. Great family game and really easy to follow the instructions. So much so that we've bought it for one of his friends.

On the Cold Coasts
On the Cold Coasts

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not amazing, 20 Aug. 2014
I didn't really feel connected to the characters. I love the descriptions of the country and what is happening around Ragna. I just didn't feel that the novel went deep enough to explore what it was really like to be a women, or an outcast like her son, in those times. Even in the diary type parts, it's just a bit wishy washy. Having said all that, I couldn't put it down and read it in 24 hours.

The Secret Keeper
The Secret Keeper

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeously nostalgic, 19 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Secret Keeper (Kindle Edition)
Having read the authors previous books, I figured out the twist fairly early on. However this did not detract from my enjoyment of this book. I loved the characters and the the description of the family home.

In Defence of History
In Defence of History
by Richard J. Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb discrediting of postmodernism, 4 Jun. 2000
This review is from: In Defence of History (Paperback)
Evans' book is not only a superb general introduction to the idea of history, written in a non-stuffy or academic style, but a useful reminder of why it is such a daft idea to treat history as if it were literary theory, and attempt to view it through postmodern eyes. I read this just after I read Keith Jenkins' somewhat depressing introduction to postmodernist history - 'Rethinking History', and it was therefore an extremely uplifiting experience (especially as I was about to start a history degree at university!) Incidentally, Jenkins' response to this book in 'Why History?: Ethics and Postmodernity' is worth checking out, though I found it a little weak and seeming to miss vital points about historiography, as postemodernists so often seem to.