Profile for A N Other > Reviews

The Establishment: And how they get away with it
The Establishment: And how they get away with it
by Owen Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Effortless writing. Must try harder., 4 Sept. 2014
I'm only reviewing this book in response to Owen's plea that I give him 5 stars for agreeing with him.

I'm sure it's great if you agree with what he says, terrible if you disagree and simple drudgery to complete if you're anyone else. Not that I'll ever find out. I've not read it and never will. The copy of whatever it is that he's also written about the underclass I received as a misguided present will remain unread on my shelf too.

A great gift for people who are a little bit communism and think Laurie Penny is 'left-wing'. I would like to give it a Schrodingers rating or 1 and 5 at the same time, but I'll have to settle with 3 stars.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2015 3:40 PM GMT

On the Steel Breeze (Poseidons Children Book 2)
On the Steel Breeze (Poseidons Children Book 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars A massive dissapointment, 23 Jun. 2014
This was a complete let down. I'd call the characters cardboard cutouts but they're not quite that deep. Paper cutouts is more accurate. Blue remembered earth was a big departure from his usual form and this is somehow worse.

It's a real shame as I loved his earlier books. I guess he's committed to writing X books every X years to pay the rent and this is the result :(