Profile for Bernie > Reviews

Content by Bernie

Bernie

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mightier than the Sword (Clifton Chronicles Book 5)
Mightier than the Sword (Clifton Chronicles Book 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Time to Finish!, 13 Mar. 2015
This is a great saga ... I've been waiting patiently for this Part 5 to be published, and I wasn't disappointed until the very last page. Come Lord Archer ... enough is enough ... finish the story ... the next one must be the last!!!

Invisible
Invisible

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspense Film material!, 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Invisible (Kindle Edition)
Wow ... what a page turner! This would make an amazing film ... along the lines of "Hannibal" ... with Jodie Foster staring ... the trouble is I know the outcome ....which I might add, I did not see coming. Brilliant!

The Sins of the Father (Clifton Chronicles Book 2)
The Sins of the Father (Clifton Chronicles Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars The story continues to make me turn the pages quicky!, 21 July 2014
Continuing the epic story ... and enjoying it. Written in the same way as the previous book .... eg with a chapter dedicated to one of the characters ... and you'll have to hold your breathe at the end ..., as I did!

Only Time Will Tell (The Clifton Chronicles series Book 1)
Only Time Will Tell (The Clifton Chronicles series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Page Turning Frenzy!, 14 July 2014
Having read "False Impression' ... I went for book 1 in the Clifton Chronicles ... and I wasn't disapointed! Again the way it is written creates a need for a 'page turning frenzy'. A single comment and the twist at the end made me think I wouldn't bother with the othere books in the series ... however, the final final twist ... ,made sure I was back on the Amazon network to purchase book 2!

False Impression
False Impression

4.0 out of 5 stars It's been a while ...., 14 July 2014
This review is from: False Impression (Kindle Edition)
I haven't read a JA novel for some time ... and was intrigue by the blurb for this one ... and needed an easy read. I enjoyed it and in particular the way the story is told ... so much so - I'm going for the Clifton Cronicles next!!

A Bucket of Sunshine: Life on a Cold War Canberra Squadron
A Bucket of Sunshine: Life on a Cold War Canberra Squadron

4.0 out of 5 stars Brought back memories of 14Sqn 1966-69, 19 Jun. 2014
I was about 15 months behind Mike Brooke and although I had a lot of friends on 16Sqn who had gone through the RAF training system with me ... I don't think I met Mike. I too did pilot traing at Leeming ... and I was pleased to join 14 Sqn down the road from Laarbruch at Wildenrath It was a great first tour and this book brought it all back ... the trips to the Med, QRA ... mind you I'm pleased we didn't do 2 weeks dayon/off ... about 5 times a month maybe 6 was OK. It reminded me of why I was so pleased when Gadaffi kicked us out of ElAdem ... the runway had just been extended and facilities improved for the RAFs new fighter - The Phantom F4 ... where I was posted, and the thought of going back there appalled me! Thank you Gaddafi! Back to the book ... I would have enjoyed a little more of the story of Sqn Life ... certainly on 14 we worked hard and played hard and I'm sure 16 were the same ... ah, those days as a 20 yo with a Bucket of Sunshine in the bomb bay!

Watching Over You
Watching Over You

3.0 out of 5 stars Took me till half way ...., 3 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Watching Over You (Kindle Edition)
through the book before I started to enjoy it ... was thinking of giving up when ... all of a sudden ... the 'thriller' started as opposed to the seamer side of the story. It was worth the wait ... but, I won't spoil it for other readers1

Life After Life
Life After Life

4.0 out of 5 stars This story took me a while ,,,,, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
to settle into the story as the constant changes of the periods of history were difficult to follow. And them all of a sudden ... all became clear ... and the story really did unfold into a great story. Well worth perciferring .

The Railway Man
The Railway Man

5.0 out of 5 stars I did enjoy the book but ....., 18 May 2014
This review is from: The Railway Man (Kindle Edition)
Having seen the film, I was keen to read the book. I appreciate the film was said to be based on the book .... and I thought the film was excellent .... in a way ... it was really very loosely based on the book - never the less the story as told was fascinating especially as I have been to Kantanaburi and seen the bridge as it is now and Hell Fire Pass, not forgetting the horrifying museum and the war graves.

The Beggar King (UK Edition) (A Hangman's Daughter Tale Book 3)
The Beggar King (UK Edition) (A Hangman's Daughter Tale Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 out of 3!, 25 Jan. 2014
This is the 3rd book in the series - and I was under the impression that the last ... but having enjoyed it as much as the others I was delighted to discvover as I was finishing this excellent story ... there is another one "The poisoned Pilgrim' set mainly in and around a hill top monestry in Bavaria - which I have visited in the past [the monks make excellent beer!] I will however, have a break and read something else before getting back to THe Hnagman's Daughter!.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3