Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Depeche Mode Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Lilly Penhaligon > Reviews

Content by Lilly Penhaligon
Top Reviewer Ranking: 745

Lilly Penhaligon (United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rapesco Paper Holder/Staple Remover - Box of 6 Pink
Rapesco Paper Holder/Staple Remover - Box of 6 Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic item, 23 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wasn't sure what to expect with this but I have been very pleasantly surprised. This relatively small item takes up very little real estate space on my desk but has come to be one of the most indispensable items on it. It is simple, plastic and considerably lighter than I expected it to be. It is also very small. The colour is a beautiful light pink with grey underside. It is nicely made, smooth and well finished. At first I wished that it didn't have the staple remover at the rear but I have surprisingly found a few occasions where it has come in handy; be careful; however, I used this to try to remove the thick, heavy duty staples from a very thick document and the plastic snapped so I would say stick to removing the standard staples and use a dedicated tool for thicker documents. Alternatively, the staple remover also works really well as a letter opener.

This holds paper, card and cooking recipes very well; even A4 paper sits up straight (make sure you put it in the holder properly otherwise it will flop over).

In my package, I found several of these items so I have one at work, in my home office, on my husband's desk, in the kitchen and have given the rest to my in-laws and parents.

I didn't think there would be so much to say about a paper holder but I absolutely love this item and don't know how I managed before!!

Revlon RVST2415RPUK Raspberry Pie Triple Complex Hair Styler
Revlon RVST2415RPUK Raspberry Pie Triple Complex Hair Styler

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely colour, not so great on thick, coarse hair, 14 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These budget range hair straighteners from Revlon would be ideal for teens that want to start into straightening their hair and possibly for people with fine hair. My hair is very thick and coarse and to be honest, even on the highest setting, I would need to do several passes to get hair that is passably straight but which would revert back to curly unruliness by the afternoon. These come with multiple heat settings that you can set manually using the dial. They go from relatively low through to 180, 190 and 200 degrees. The ceramic plates are also suspension loaded so they move about under pressure; possibly then you could use these in some way to create loose curls. The plates are also mango, shea and coconut infused. In all honesty, my plates did not smell even when heated at 200 degrees and did not leave any fragrance on my hair. I didn't notice any extra smoothing or glossiness after using these, so not sure that I can really recommend this feature.

I like the colour and I like that the lead is reasonably long; however, for me, these will not replace my existing pair which handle my coarse, thick hair much more easily and successfully than this Raspberry Pie model. I would say this is a nice gift for teens and for those whose hair is relatively fine.

Burt's Bees Baby Bee Diaper Ointment 85 g
Burt's Bees Baby Bee Diaper Ointment 85 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for 3 generations: baby, adults and older adults. An essential, 6 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This super super super thick cream has proven to be of benefit to all the family. It is very thick, even more so than Sudocreme and can therefore be quite hard to squeeze out of the tube. I have found heating it slightly by keeping it under a hot hair dryer for a few seconds helps considerably. I would not like this to come in a pot as I often throw those out after a while thinking they have been contaminated but I would like a slightly easier way to get the cream out of the tube if possible.

This has been fantastic for the baby, soothing, pleasant smelling (slightly herbal, not overwhelming) and stays on throughout changes unlike some other creams which seem to require frequent application. This product is also much kinder and more natural than Sudocreme which we try to avoid. We have also used it on some rashes and patches of sore skin with great effect.

We have also used this as adults. As keen cyclists we, uh, have found ourselves in need of this after some particularly extended rides in the recent heatwave. Cooling, soothing and repairing.

We have also used this on an elderly relative's legs; she has oedema and fragile skin that is prone to rashes and sores. We have used this to massage her legs nightly and so far, we have seen a great improvement in her skin and have avoided breakouts of rashes and sores.

Although we are using this on 3 generations, it has stood up to the test and worked brilliantly. It has become an essential in our household and, in spite of heavy use, it never seems to go down. Brilliant stuff

Busy B School Year Calendar 2016 / 2017 with Monthly Pocket
Busy B School Year Calendar 2016 / 2017 with Monthly Pocket

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for families with school age children and teenagers, 6 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This would be ideal for a family with school age children/teenagers who have lots of appointments, after-school activities etc that busy parents have to account for in their day. For us, five columns is overkill so we will be using those for random notes/numbers and phone messages. This runs August to August to account for the school year. My preference is for Jan-Dec as that is how I currently plan my year. Each month is well presented if a bit bland and for us, the stickers are not that useful; however, if you have children at school/teenagers these would make a fun addition and would go some way to sprucing up the calendar. Each month has a useful pocket for holding the incredible amount of literature that seems to make it into the house and documents that you may need for upcoming appointments. All in all, it is a good calendar; it's not the most beautiful one out there but at the same time it doesn't overwhelm you with too many illustrations etc.

STABILO NEON Set of 4 - Highlighter
STABILO NEON Set of 4 - Highlighter

5.0 out of 5 stars More comfortable to grip, same great Stabilo quality, 5 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Stabilo produce my favourite neon highlighters of all time so I jumped at the chance to get these new style ones. They seem smaller than the traditional highlighters but I am not sure if this is just because of the illusion created by the new shape or whether they actually are smaller. The new design feel more comfortable in my hands which is important when using these for long periods of time - the old style often felt uncomfortable due to the wide square shape. I don't know if these will last any longer than the old ones but to be honest, the stabilo highlighters have lasted longer than any other brand that I have tried.

Tiny Friends Farm Russel Rabbit Tasty Nuggets
Tiny Friends Farm Russel Rabbit Tasty Nuggets

5.0 out of 5 stars Bunnies happy, reasonably priced for such a large bag, 24 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This arrived well packaged box and seemed to have survived the plane flight over absolutely fine. This is a huge bag so I wouldn't recommend pouring it out directly from here; either decant into smaller boxes or use a scoop. We mixed this in with the remnants of the last food and both went down the hatch very well so seems like the bunny family enjoyed it. No upset tummies or other untoward events here so the transition has been very easy. I did notice that the bunnies searched out the previous food before going for this so there is a slight preference; however, once all that was gone, they moved on happily to this food. I do wonder though if they will get bored as this bag is going to last a long time and I am considering purchasing the previous food and mixing it in with this, we'll see. This is reasonably priced in my view compared to previous purchases. All in all a good food.

Notbox Shopping Kit
Notbox Shopping Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, well constructed and durable, 22 May 2016
This review is from: Notbox Shopping Kit (Accessory)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This package contains two boxes: one large box that is angled so that it will fit nicely in the angled end of a trolley and a small freezer bag. They are made from thick, sturdy canvas and were produced using environmentally friendly processes. Both boxes fully collapse so they get full marks for storage. The smaller box is lined with foil and can be used to keep hot things hot and cold things cold.

One of our favourite takeaway places is quite far from our home; when this box set arrived we decided to use the smaller box to insulate the hot food on that long car journey and it worked surprisingly well!! We have also since used this for carrying food over to friends' and parents' houses and to keep food warm or cold on picnics.

The larger box can accommodate a lot of food items; however, it is very clumsy to hold if you are using it as a shopping bag because of it's boxy shape and long handles. We tried to make it work several times to no avail. However, we have found it to be extremely useful as car storage - we usually use this to store the shopping bags for the journey to and from the shops and this stops heavy milk bottles and detergent bottles from rolling all over the place dragging other items with it. With this box, everything is nicely and securely corralled in one place. We have also used this to store other things that we want to keep in one place - including kids' backpacks/diaper bags, toys and other bric a brac.

The large box has a plastic window in it that you can put your name etc if you wanted. All in all, these have been very valuable - particularly that small box and as they are well built, I can imagine that these will last a good long time. They are on the expensive side hence 4 stars but an argument could be made for durability and versatility vs cost.

AMELIORATE Skin Softening Bathing Powder 350 g
AMELIORATE Skin Softening Bathing Powder 350 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent; may move my entire body and skin care over to this brand, 18 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had seen the body lotion from this brand being raved about on YouTube and thought that once again, this was only available to the American market, so when I saw that this was available on Amazon UK, I was absolutely delighted. I am not normally one to use bath powders so this was a new concept to me. This is a very generous size pot and it comes with a scoop; even going by the generous size of the scoop, this is going to last a good time so in my view it is good value for money.

This bath powder is very finely milled and in the pot it smells of baby powder or something along those lines. In the bath, I don't really notice any type of smell, nor does it fragrance your skin so it won't interfere with any body lotion or perfume you may want to wear afterwards. I have very dry skin on my legs and I have been using a combination of the Dove Spa cream and Aveeno's daily moisturising lotion to deal with this. After a week and a bit of using this in my evening baths, I have noticed a substantial difference in my skin (even from the first use). This has left my skin feeling moisturised (without any sticky residue) and I no longer have those chicken skin bumps on the tops of my arms. My elbows are nice and smooth, skin looks even (no dry patches) and even my feet and hands have been feeling much softer, smoother and more moisturised. I could certainly go without lotion now if I wanted to and am finding the Aveeno and Dove a little too heavy.

I have psoriasis on the back of my scalp and have tried for years to find a shampoo that doesn't irritate the heck out of it. In an experiment the other evening, I made a mixture of this powder and Palmer's Coconut Oil Shampoo and used it to wash my hair. I could not believe the difference, my psoriasis patch felt smooth and cooled and there was no flaking after brushing. Now, I can't say that everyone who has psoriasis will get the same effect, I am just mentioning my own experience.

I will be looking at other items from this brand - mostly body lotion, shampoo, shower gel and any other items that might be available in the UK. If they have a good range, I may seriously consider moving my entire skin and body care over to this brand. 5 stars all over this product from me.

Sonic Chic Urban Toothbrush, Starlight
Sonic Chic Urban Toothbrush, Starlight

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for interim cleaning during the day and for travel, 17 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use this brush as an interim toothbrush - so during the week I will use it at work after lunch and also after drinking coffee, before meetings and presentations etc and at the weekends or on short trips, I keep this with the my floss etc in my handbag for touch up cleaning during the day. I would not replace my main toothbrush which I would use for core cleaning in the morning and at night.

I have the Starlight design so this is a nice cheerful pink colour with white starlike geometric designs on the outer shell. In the box you get the brush, the cover, a replacement head and a battery. I think the inclusion of a replacement head was very nice indeed.

Things I like about it:
-it's slim design and the fact it has a cover is handy for travel and for keeping in your handbag
-battery means you don't need to carry a charger
-works well for interim cleaning during the day between main brushings
-nice, cheerful design

Things that are worth mentioning: I find the on/off button really really hard to use, it's actually getting a bit frustrating as turning it on and off require a super hard depress which I seem to be rather poor at. I have had multiple occasions where I have struggled to turn the thing off. I also don't understand why the actual brush handle is so short; I don't have overly large hands but somehow this just seems to be much shorter than our standard electric toothbrush. Thirdly, I know that it is a sonic toothbrush and it's works well like I say for interim cleaning but I wouldn't replace my main toothbrush with this version. I am not sure what this brush is meant for - if it's for travel/during the day then I would say it gets the job done well for the cheap production but if it's meant to be an actual toothbrush that you would use for your main cleaning then I would give this 3 stars.

If, like me, you like to brush your teeth after lunch/before meetings etc, then you probably won't be disappointed with this; however, at £19.99 a pop, it might be worth browsing the market before plumping for this. I hope the on/off switch gets less stiff over time.

Sony h.ear EX750BT Bluetooth High Resolution In Ear Headphones - Blue
Sony h.ear EX750BT Bluetooth High Resolution In Ear Headphones - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb sound and nice concept, 16 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are probably the most expensive earphones I have ever owned and I am not disappointed. I have never experienced the collar-type style before and whilst it was really odd at first, I am getting use to it. These headphones come well packaged and in the box you get the headphones/collar, a usb connector wire and the extension wire that allows you to use these in the conventional way via headphone jack. Also in the box is the warranty paperwork, instruction booklet and a generous selection of silicon covers in different sizes for the headphones. There is also a thick, good quality, drawstring bag for carrying your headphones around with you.

The collar is labelled L and R; on the left are the power button, volume control and the little hatch that allows you to connect the conventional headphone wire with jack connector/charger. The instruction book shows you how to pair the headphones with your phone/music device and the steps are easy and relatively quick. Charging takes a little while; however, you get a good few hours of wireless playback. I use these to listen to audiobooks mostly and for this purpose the sound is excellent - crisp, clear with a great balance of bass and treble. These have also worked really well for dramatisations; allowing even subtle noises to come through. I have also used them to listen to music and can say these are hands down the best earphones I have used to date.

These are advertised as blue but to my mind, these are very much blue-green which is heavy on the green - not unpleasant at all but definitely not what I would call blue.

These are expensive but in my view they are really worth the money. If you are looking for crisp, clear sound along with good wireless functionality, then these are worth the punt. The only thing that I have found personally, which is the reason for the 4 stars, is that these are less convenient to carry about as the collar is stiff and does not fold down. I take these into work and they take up a fair bit of room in my bag. In addition, I am not sure that I am totally comfortable with the plastic collar type style. I find that I am very aware of them on my neck; they aren't uncomfortable in any way, it's just that I can feel them on my neck and it makes me feel like I am wearing a big plastic necklace. These are small issues however and should not detract others from considering these.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20