Profile for derick hodson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
One Night Only [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
One Night Only [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Bee Gees

4.0 out of 5 stars A reminder of this popular group,s former hits., 11 Jun. 2016
Whilst I do not claim to be their greatest fan I did enjoy this reprise of some of their popular hits.

Temple Bar
Temple Bar

4.0 out of 5 stars Another well conceived, catchy song which evokes the essence ..., 22 April 2016
This review is from: Temple Bar (MP3 Download)
Another well conceived,catchy song which evokes the essence of the Temple Bar experience to which I can attest from my own visit there a few years ago with my late wife.A must visit when in Dublin!!

Hold Back The River
Hold Back The River

5.0 out of 5 stars EVER SINCE I FIRST HEARD THIS TRACK I BECAME A ..., 5 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Hold Back The River (MP3 Download)
EVER SINCE I FIRST HEARD THIS TRACK I BECAME A FAN OF JAMES BAY'S MUSIC.A STAR OF THE FUTURE FOR SURE.

Vic Damone - Live In Concert [DVD]
Vic Damone - Live In Concert [DVD]
Dvd ~ Vic Damone

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best of his generation of "crooners", 27 Jan. 2016
My late wife and I had the pleasure of seeing Vic Damone on stage some years ago and very much enjoyed his performance which included many of the songs on this DVD.His wife was in the audience and he featured the song Come in from the rain very poignantly as a tribute to her which we found quite moving.

Live In Paris [Blu-ray] [2014]
Live In Paris [Blu-ray] [2014]
Dvd ~ Diana Krall

4.0 out of 5 stars ... at the top of her game which I will enjoy having in my music library, 27 Jan. 2016
Another accomplished performance by an artist at the top of her game which I will enjoy having in my music library.A "must have" for all DKfans.

Live From Austin, Texas [DVD] [1981] [2008]
Live From Austin, Texas [DVD] [1981] [2008]
Dvd ~ Kris Kristofferson

4.0 out of 5 stars K.K fans will I am sure like this!, 17 Nov. 2015
An eminently watchable collection of country songs from -in my view-a very good singer-song writer.

Various - The Sound of Jazz + bonus audio The Sound of Jazz 1957 (Blu-Ray) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Various Artists

4.0 out of 5 stars Giants of Jazz, 23 Aug. 2015
A most enjoyable collection of performances from true giants of the genre.They do not make them like they used to!!!

Live At Montreux 1991 [Blu-ray] [2013]
Live At Montreux 1991 [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Miles Davis with Quincy Jones & the Gil Evans Orchestra

4.0 out of 5 stars A quite sad farewell to one of the giants of modern jazz., 16 Jun. 2015
I very much enjoyed this performance but it was sad to see the obvious decline in the master who clearly needed a good deal of prompting by one of his fellow artists throughout his solos!!

Cheek To Cheek Live! [Blu-ray] [2015]
Cheek To Cheek Live! [Blu-ray] [2015]
Dvd ~ Tony Bennett/Lady Gaga
Offered by MediaMerchants

4.0 out of 5 stars At first sight a strange combination-but it worked!, 10 April 2015
I did wonder if this unlikely pairing would really work but it does-surprisingly well !f each other!.They clearly sparked off each other and they showed each other mutual respect which was reflected in their performances which they (and I!!) enjoyed..

All Of My Memories
All Of My Memories

5.0 out of 5 stars "A MUST HAVE COLLECTION FOR ANY COUNTRY MUSIC FAN!!, 6 Mar. 2015
This review is from: All Of My Memories (Audio CD)
A very good selection of Denver classics.Having read a biography of his life recently I can now appreciate much better how some of the lyrics of some of his songs relate to events in his personal life and the effect of his fame on his marriage and his personal life.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3