Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Brown > Reviews

Content by Brown

Brown (Hants, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Seven Steps to Closure
The Seven Steps to Closure

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 15 April 2013
rarely laugh out loud or write reviews - this wonderfully funny book has me doing both. I just loved it and want a follow up!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2013 10:22 PM BST

The Earl's Inconvenient Wife (Marriage by Scandal Book 1)
The Earl's Inconvenient Wife (Marriage by Scandal Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars has nothing on Georgette HEYER!, 15 Dec. 2012
was so disappointed by this. the main characters had no fire or depth. this is a bad Heyer with sex scenes.

Package Deal
Package Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars superbly written - perfect read for anytime, 28 July 2012
This review is from: Package Deal (Kindle Edition)
fun, clever, has twists, can't put it down, makes you laugh outloud and want to catch next plane to Greece!

Veg for All Seasons
Veg for All Seasons

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 23 May 2012
great original & classic recipes with a twist that are easy to read & execute, this excellent cookbook which encourages you to buy in season & makes you laugh was bought for me by my sister-in-law who went to college with the author

The Woman In Black (Jessica Daniel Book 3)
The Woman In Black (Jessica Daniel Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked!, 18 Dec. 2011
The 3rd one is superb . . . Jessica's character is developing, the pace remains fast and there are numerous twists and sub-plots.

Like me you may have suspicions from the start, but I found every time I started to develop them, Kerry threw something else in and I found myself thinking about one of the many sub-plots instead and totally forgetting to work through the suspicion!

I could not put my kindle down . . . and am now in despair as we will have to wait a few months for Book 4, I can't wait!

Vigilante (Jessica Daniel Book 2)
Vigilante (Jessica Daniel Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars And the 2nd one is even better . . ., 18 Dec. 2011
Again very early on I thought there was something odd about one of the characters and my immediate reaction was oh no another obvious approach. But the pace kept me hooked and whilst my instincts about the character were right, I remained totally confused as to who the culprit was for the murders!!!

Yes there are still little style quirks about using "detective" in one sentence and "jessica" in another, and perhaps the way they all refer to each other is odd, but this is a developing writer and the stories and pace in my view more than make up for any writing style quirks.

The 2nd one like the first has an excellent twist . . . and I am fast becoming hooked to this series.

Locked In (Jessica Daniel Book 1)
Locked In (Jessica Daniel Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great first novel . . ., 18 Dec. 2011
Great read - I guessed very early on the link between them all, and nearly stopped reading as I thought this is so obvious. But I am so glad I kept going as the twist at the end combined with the pace throughout the rest of the novel more than made up for that. Kerry has created a great character . . and once you have tried Book 1 - Locked In - you will want to try more, and as they get better and better as Kerry develops his style, I say download this today on your Kindle!

London's Railways from the Air
London's Railways from the Air
by Aerofilms

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 10 Jan. 2011
Really interesting, some great photos - recommend it for anyone who lives in London, particularly anyone whose London recollections span the past 50 years or so

The Hungover Cookbook
The Hungover Cookbook
by Milton Crawford

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 10 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Hungover Cookbook (Hardcover)
brilliant title, fun to read and much appreciated by the 25yr old I bought it for - certainly recommend it

LEGO Creator 4837: Mini Trains
LEGO Creator 4837: Mini Trains

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for grown-ups too!, 3 Feb. 2008
I actually bought this for a management training session . . I have used lego before at events, and it goes down a storm. Lego is great fun, and a great learning tool.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3