Profile for Mr. S. Mckie > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. Mckie

Mr. S. Mckie

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mobina Waterproof Triple Rear Pannier Cycling / Bicycle / Trunk / Carrier / Rack - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars I was originally pleased with this item, 10 Oct. 2015
I was originally pleased with this item. It is water proof and has plenty of space, but it has two problems.

The first is that straps holding the bags to the bike have ripped the weak fabric of the bag leaving a large hole on one side.

The second, more generic, problem is shape. The bag quickly sags and rubs against the wheels. There is no firmness in the bag at all

VeloChampion Bike Lights USB Rechargeable Front and Rear Set
VeloChampion Bike Lights USB Rechargeable Front and Rear Set
Offered by Maxgear Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright, easy to attach but awkward to use with gloves on., 7 Sept. 2015
I bought these to replace a wind-up & USB charged set of lights.
They are very bright and easily light up a dark tree covered lane at 5am in September during heavy rain. The front light has 4 settings - brightness (1-3) and blinking. The back light has an extra stlye of blinking. They work independently of each other unlike my old ones which were linked.

Pros
I found the lights to last about the length of my commute (an hour) on full brightness and recharged in a similar time frame via USB on a computer at work.
The brightness is very good.
The attachments are varied and easy to use. The clips are easy to attach and the lights twist on and off. I couldn't use the clips on the back due to a pannier bag. I was pleasantly surprised to find the lights also came with velcro straps and have slot to thread through. Problem easily solved.
The lights have a warning light to tell you the charge is running out.

Cons
The main problem I had was turning them on and off with gloves on. I found the size of the buttons and effort required to depress defy my gloves on a daily basis, adding a few minutes to my journey as I have to take my gloves off. Without gloves the buttons are very easy to use.
When the lights run out of power they suddenly turn off - no gradual reduction. This can be a problem if cycling through dark lanes like I do.

I paid £24 for mine but the price has increased to £40 now. I'm unsure whether I'd pay £40 as it is a bit out of my budget. For £40 a good alternative would be what some of my friends do - a small torch strapped on to the handlebars with rechargeable batteries to power.

Cycle Bicycle Bike Rain Dust Cover Waterproof - Heavy Duty Storage Cover
Cycle Bicycle Bike Rain Dust Cover Waterproof - Heavy Duty Storage Cover
Offered by Nayel Official

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof, tough & secure., 7 Sept. 2015
This has been great for me. I use it to cover my cycle which I hang vertically on a wall outside. The cover comfortably fits over my men's adult road bike, with elasticated edges at the top and bottom to fit snugly and not easily come off. It also has a clip on the front tyre end to secure and prevent flying away.
I've used mine daily now for about a month in a range of awful weather. It is still completely water proof, shows no sign of ripping or tearing and the elastic/clip mean it never floats away in the wind.
As far as water proof cycle covers go this is perfect for me.

Funkier Men's OSW-06 Neoprene Winter Cycling Overshoe Black Medium
Funkier Men's OSW-06 Neoprene Winter Cycling Overshoe Black Medium
Offered by Laxzo.

4.0 out of 5 stars Completely water proof, 7 Sept. 2015
I was pleasantly surprised by these. My first use was during a particularly bad downpour in which we had flooding. Not only did they keep my feet bone dry from rain, but i remained dry when my feet were fully submerged after cycling through the flood water.
It was a surprise because the bottom if the covers are open, yet the seal is snug and no water got through.
Not a 5* because the covers have a tendency to ride up a little and twist at the front toe end. Not a huge problem but not perfect.
I would buy these again, I've had dry feet since whilst cycling in some awful weather.

PetSafe Busy Buddy Chuckle
PetSafe Busy Buddy Chuckle

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for destructive dogs, 19 Jun. 2014
This review is from: PetSafe Busy Buddy Chuckle (Misc.)
I didn't buy this from Amazon, but the one I have is so good I've come looking for another of the same brand.

I've been using this bone for 2 weeks with my Victorian Bulldogge. It has some teeth marks but is showing no sign of anything breaking off. I had two other toy bones and they both disintegrated in minutes. This bones has been chewed daily. I am very impressed and the price is much better. Other bones at twice the price have lasted a fraction of the time.

My dog also loves to chuck the bone in the air and hear it squeak as it hits the floor

Fiesta Toys 6" Plush Santa's Secret Elf Boy & Girl Elves Set
Fiesta Toys 6" Plush Santa's Secret Elf Boy & Girl Elves Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it, 19 Jun. 2014
This wasn't exactly what I was looking for but I bought it anyway with the price being good and needing something for the kids at Christmas.

The kids loved it and the boy elf has become very much a part of our Christmas. We kept the girl Elf for next year so it looks like different elves come each time.

The quality was good and I've had no reason to complain. Quite pleased I bought it now

3ft Standard Single Size Luxury Football Mattress
3ft Standard Single Size Luxury Football Mattress
Offered by eXtreme Comfort Uk Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Still doing well, 19 Jun. 2014
I bought this for my son when he was 2 and wanted a bigger bed. Its now been 6 months and is going absolutely fine. It has been bounced on plenty of times and isn't showing many signs of wear and tear.

I'm not sure I'd trust its sustainability on an older child, but for my purposes it does great

30 METRE COIL 30M 100FT RETRACTABLE GARDEN HOSE REEL PIPE WITH SPRAY GUN NOZZLE
30 METRE COIL 30M 100FT RETRACTABLE GARDEN HOSE REEL PIPE WITH SPRAY GUN NOZZLE

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor spray gun, 19 Jun. 2014
The hose itself is ok. It is thinner than I expected, but very long.

The major downside it that the spray gun is useless. It has a release trigger which I assume is supposed to release the water, but it does nothing. Water comes out regardless leaving me with a running hose as i rush back to turn the tap off when I need stop it. I'll have to buy a better spray to get the most out of it, which I didn't really want to do.

Biona Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, 5 L
Biona Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, 5 L

4.0 out of 5 stars good for the dogs coats, 19 Jun. 2014
I bought this to put in my dogs water. They drink it fine and their coats have started to really shine. I think I'll be buying it regularly. The shape of the bottle is well thought out. I anticipated the stuff glugging out of the small spout at the top, but my wife manages to easily pour some into a tea spoon every day, holding the bottle with one hand.

PrePaymania Micro USB In Car Charger for HTC One Max, Mini, HTC One, Desire 500, One SV
Offered by A R PREMIUM LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 19 Jun. 2014
Its a fairly simple product that only really has one job, but it does it without fault. The connection is good and has stood up to repeated use. For the price I can't fault it. The lead has reasonable reach too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3