Profile for Dawn Mayhew > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Monster Busters: Match 3 Puzzle
Monster Busters: Match 3 Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 1 Feb. 2016
Very addictive game, fun to play

Twitch
Twitch

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 30 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Twitch (App)
Awesome app, works well

The Making of Matt (Souls of the Knight Book 3)
The Making of Matt (Souls of the Knight Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star Review - Totally loved it, will read again, 20 Oct. 2015
Wow, wow, wow, OMG…… I could go on like this for the whole review! This book is truly amazing, and I am so glad that I have read it. It is has to be the best book I have read this year (and I have read loads). Reading this book, I have laughed or rather howled with laughter and I had tears in my eyes at parts too.

Matt is a total slut, and he would agree with me! What you saw if what you got – he said what he thought, often not engaging his brain to mouth filter! I was honestly cringing at some of the things he was saying, mostly due to where he was at the time he said them! Matt has no idea what to do with his life, even after the band parted ways, he seemed to continue the same thing…. Women and alcohol – and always the alcohol to excess.

Alex has always loved Matt, but due to his biggest secret, he has decided his love will be unrequited. He will always be there for Matt, and when the place where Alex works comes up for sale, they decide to embark on a new adventure together as owner and manager of a gay club, which they call Kaleidoscope. They seem to become closer, but when Matt seems to want more from Alex, he runs as fast as he can without any explanation for Matt.

Then Nicola completely excels herself with how she writes when you find out Alex’s secret. It is an essential part of the story, so I am not going to reveal on this review what it is, but this is the first book I have ever read where the subject is treated with such sensitivity, but is also so informative. To me this showed that Nicola had not just added this into the story on a whim, but that she had researched into it thoroughly, to ensure the facts were correct.

Although this book is part of a series, you can actually read as a standalone – which is what happened with me as sad to say I had not read the other books in the series (sorry Nicola, will be remedying this soon). I cannot recommend this book highly enough, as I have already said I believe that this is the best book I have read this year, and I can guarantee that this book will be one that I read again (and again, and again……).

Complimentary Copy provided by the author for an honest review.
Reviewed by Dawn at Gay Media Reviews

Tyler Knoll's Just For Fun: Book One: Snared
Tyler Knoll's Just For Fun: Book One: Snared

4.0 out of 5 stars Totally different read, but really enjoyed it!!, 23 Jun. 2015
4.5 Star Review:

I was asked to review this book, and I jumped at the chance once I had read the blurb!! I have to say first of all, that this book is so different to any others that I have read, but I really did enjoy it. I loved that there was taunting at authors, readers and even reviewers, and agreed with most comments!

We meet Tyler, and along with what is currently happening, we also get rambling comments at times, and these I will admit to having a good giggle at!!

Tyler is taken to what he first thinks is a bar, but then changes his mind to a swanky gentleman’s club!! He is taken by his work colleagues, but first he has to describe them to you, and that was so funny.

When he returns from the bathroom he finds most of his friends gone, and three “upper floor men” from the company he works at, in their place. He is summoned by one of them to follow him, and he is not sure if he should follow….. but does anyway!!

The action, complete with such funny commentary, then moves into the elevator and then the penthouse. Tyler is expecting to be told to strip naked and assume the position (him being a card carrying bottom), but this is not the case. It is the man he is with who strips, and then Tyler is starring at his anaconda!

Tyler is then asked to massage the man – he still doesn’t know his name – and this had me in fits of laughter while reading, at what Tyler was doing while doing so.

Then things change completely, and Tyler learns just exactly who it is he is with and what he expects from him.....

I honestly cannot wait to continue Tyler's story, I know that there will never be a dull moment, especially with the commentary throughout the book.

Complimentary Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

Reviewed by Dawn at Gay Media Reviews

No More Hiding
No More Hiding

5.0 out of 5 stars 5* Review - Couldn't put down., 12 Jun. 2015
This review is from: No More Hiding (Kindle Edition)
Wow..... this is one book that I couldn't put down. You really do feel for Phillip, as he was gay, but rather than be true to his inner feelings, he decided he should try and go for the straight life, which included getting married. He managed this for years, until he realised he could no longer live that way. After the divorce, things were amicable, until someone saw him holding hands with another man, and when his wife found out she took his children away from him.

Six years later, and he still hasn't managed to locate his ex-wife or his children, and he has no life as such. His brother and sister-in-law are worried about him, and persuade him to try a new gym that has opened - which is only for gay men. Here he meets Vance.....

Phillip is now is totally confused, as he has feelings for Vance, but doesn't know what to do about them. He somehow feels guilty that he may have found happiness when his children are still missing. When Phillip finally manages to admit to Vance that he has two children, I have to admit to having tears in my eyes while reading, although you already knew what had happened, it really was heart wrenching to read.

Phillips world seems to come crashing down one evening when Phillip and Vance are in a serious accident, and Vance comes off worse..... this seems to show Phillip exactly what his true feelings are for Vance. While Vance stays with Phillip to recuperate, there is the phone call that Phillip has been waiting for.... but things are not as rosy as he wants them.

This is where the author manages to take you on a roller coaster ride, you will be left feeling lots of different emotions. I went from happiness to sadness, anger, despair and even at one stage feeling totally horrified. It is not even clear if Phillip and Vance's relationship would actually survive what was now happening.

If you love an emotional read, then this book is for you, I can guarantee that you will not be able to put it down until you have finished.

Complimentary copy provided by author/publisher for an honest review.

Reviewed by Dawn at Gay Media Reviews.

Nerf N-Strike Elite Zombie Strike Slingfire + Drum & Darts Value-Bundle
Nerf N-Strike Elite Zombie Strike Slingfire + Drum & Darts Value-Bundle

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Mar. 2015
briliant

The Boy Can't Help It: Sensual Stories of Young Bottoms
The Boy Can't Help It: Sensual Stories of Young Bottoms

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Read....... Or rather really hot read...., 13 July 2014
I was recommended this book by a friend, and I am glad I brought it.

Wow, this book was hot, and I loved the fact that it was a book of lots of short hot stories.... and omg were they hot stories.

If you want a book full of young bottoms, then this is the book for you and you will not be disappointed.

Invicta: Salvation (The Invicta Series Book 1)
Invicta: Salvation (The Invicta Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Piper Kay, 13 July 2014
Wow, Piper Kay has done it again. I was hook from the first page. This book starts with Kade and Holt - already together but a mega bust-up due...... or is it??? We go back in time to when Kade and Holt first met, and I have to say it made harsh reading, but then again it is true to life for some people. You also got to understand both Kade and Holt as this story is told by both men, and you get an insight into their emotions too. The sex scenes in this book are really hot, but show you the total trust and commitment between the two men.

Awesome book - would highly recommend this book. Can't wait for book 2.

BOYSTOWN Season Two
BOYSTOWN Season Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Even Better than Season One - A Must Read,, 9 July 2014
OMG - Jake Biondi has picked up from where he left off in Season One, and this book is also another one that you will not be able to put down. From the first page I was hooked, and I kept reading until I finished it..... or at least I thought I had finished, but there is a Season Three, so yet another cliffhanger, and this one is even better than the first one - no spoilers, sorry.

You have some additional characters of Gino and Marco, and their father, but you soon find out who is good and who is bad, and also who they are aiming to cause trouble for.

A must read, and a book that I highly recommend, but please read Season One first.

BOYSTOWN Season One
BOYSTOWN Season One

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read - Brilliant Book, 2 July 2014
OMG - What can I say...... this is a book that once you start reading you will not be able to put down.

I loved the characters in this book, and you will go through all the ups and downs with Emmett and Keith, Max and Logan and also learn more about Cole and Jesse. Then you also find out more about the marriage of Derek and Joyelle, and learn that there are secrets on both sides within this...... no spoilers sorry!!

I just couldn't put the book down, with that was happening between the couple within the book, I just had to keep reading to find out how they each fared..... I cannot wait for Season 2 to continue to read about these couples, especially as Season 1 ended with a cliffhanger.......

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4