Profile for Mr. Steven Empson > Reviews

Content by Mr. Steven Empson

Mr. Steven Empson "Voyage34" (Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Lowepro Fastpack 350 Quick Access Backpack for SLR Kit, 17" Notebook and General Gear - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality - Just needs simple external straps for tripod and would then be 5 stars., 1 Jun. 2014
Can't go wrong with the quality but cannot accommodate a standard tripod. Shame as simple external straps would do the trick.

Non Ho Sonno
Non Ho Sonno

5.0 out of 5 stars Repeat: Buy this CD, 9 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Non Ho Sonno (Audio CD)
Never heard of Goblin before and don't watch strange horror flix but this is compelling stuff. Heard it on PROG FM and had to download it. Amazon is cheaper than iTunes to the bargain. If you've got a crap stereo then this will be the most expensive CD purchase you will ever make because you will be upgrading it after listening to this.

A View From The End Of The World
A View From The End Of The World

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the follow up I had hoped for., 3 Dec. 2011
Firstly I have to say this band is stupendous. Great production, riffs and creativity.

Following Overworld was always going to be a tall order and has proven so. If you haven't heard this band before then perhaps better going for any of the earlier albums.

If you do buy it you will probably enjoy it but not explore their music any further, which would be a shame.

Logitech 910-001825 - Wireless Mouse M510 - Warranty: 2Y
Logitech 910-001825 - Wireless Mouse M510 - Warranty: 2Y
Offered by Quantum Wireless

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not great on a PC., 3 Dec. 2011
A great looking mouse that has a quality feel.

I bought it for my PC. Unfortunately the movement is slightly jagged. This might work better on a laptop where the tiny USB thingy sits very close to the mouse.

If my previous mouse hadn't been smooth then I would probably have given it 5 stars.

SanDisk SDCZ50-016G-FFP 16 GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black, Frustration-Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Best USB stick yet, 20 July 2011
OK so I only have five or six USB sticks but the speed of read and write is the best yet. And it's teeny. Great value.

Room
Room
by Emma Donoghue

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 21 April 2011
This review is from: Room (Paperback)
I bought this because of the reviews and the blurb - I have to say that I was left underwhelmed by it. Initially I enjoyed it but then I found that it didn't grip me as I had expected and it felt rushed at the end. I skim read most of it just to get it finished, I hate not finishing a book once I've started. I would agree with another reviewer - borrow it from a friend or a library. Overall I was left thinking - what have I missed?

Speedo Aquabeat 1GB Waterproof MP3 Player (discontinued by manufacturer)
Speedo Aquabeat 1GB Waterproof MP3 Player (discontinued by manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't stay in your ears., 8 Dec. 2010
Great idea that actually works until you push off the side. If like me you will ignore this hoping that they will work for you but I promise you they won't.

Big shame.........

The Resistance
The Resistance

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 16 Nov. 2009
This review is from: The Resistance (Audio CD)
As a newcomer to Muse I was totally gobsmacked that I bought this on a bit of a whim. Where have I been? What an investment. Everytime you listen to this album you will get the feeling of being part of something special (Queen I, II, Sheer Heart Attack...., Floyd). A pompous yet refined release that suggests that these musicians (Only three of them - Surely not!) are in a totally different league to any other act currently on the ciruit.

I won't review individual tracks as that has been done enough but only to say that if by some chance that you haven't heard this album do yourself a favour. Buy it.

Typhoon Retro Vanilla Cream 9 Cup Espresso Maker
Typhoon Retro Vanilla Cream 9 Cup Espresso Maker

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great., 10 July 2009
Good looks and size.

The shame is the build quality. It is very flimsy.

Put away slightly (and I mean very slightly) wet it will get mould inside.

The coffee quality is inadequately filtered and thus a bit 'Chewy' (Is that a phrase applicable to coffee?).

It also spills when poured.

They almost get everything wrong with this. Don't be fooled by the style.

I have reverted back to my 18 year old 'Miss Lavazza'. Back to great coffee. Aaah.

Redeemer
Redeemer

5.0 out of 5 stars Just amazing!!! Prog Rock at its best., 10 July 2009
This review is from: Redeemer (MP3 Download)
Not a track by track review.

This really is a stunner. Machinae Supremacy are definitely rock's best kept secret. How a band like this can get production into an album that blows away most mainstream bands is beyond me. The humorous nods to 1980's computer games just has to put a smile on your face. Musically it is brilliant and that goes for just about every track. Just download the whole album. I'll buy you a pint if you don't like it!

Lots of free listening opportunities but if you like Metallica, Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree, OSI, Iron Maiden, Godsmack etc then you will love it.

Enough downloads in the UK and they would have to play live over here again.

Page: 1 | 2