Profile for John Bellamy > Reviews

Content by John Bellamy

John Bellamy (Stockholm, Sweden)

Page: 1 | 2
Bananaman - The Ultimate Collection [DVD] [2004]
Bananaman - The Ultimate Collection [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Tim Brooke-Taylor
Offered by claires_media_store

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 29 Aug. 2013
I got this for my son. He is mad about superheroes. So many modern cartoons are too violent and OTT for my children, but Bananaman is great and makes them laugh.

Fingerbobs: The Complete Fingerbobs [DVD]
Fingerbobs: The Complete Fingerbobs [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fingerbobs
Offered by Rare DVD and Blu Ray

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 29 Aug. 2013
My little girl enjoys this as much as I did when I was small. An oldie but a goldie! I would give five stars if the menu was designed better.

Thunderbirds Classic - Complete Collection (9-Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Thunderbirds Classic - Complete Collection (9-Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alan Patillo

5.0 out of 5 stars Heroic pomp of Thunderbirds, 6 Feb. 2013
This set is great. I didnt really understand the stories when I was a child in the 70s, but I was wowed by the hole style of the vehicles and the music. Now I can enjoy each episode and watch as my son of 5 discovers the heroic pomp of Thunderbirds.

Worzel Gummidge - All Of Series Three [DVD] [2002]
Worzel Gummidge - All Of Series Three [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Jon Pertwee
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 6 Jan. 2013
I like this as much as my children do. Series 4 will definitely be collected soon. Should have got the box set from the beginning.

Mistresses - Series 1-3 Box Set [DVD]
Mistresses - Series 1-3 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sarah Parish

4.0 out of 5 stars My American Wife loved it from the first episode., 6 Jan. 2013
Don’t know much about this but I got it for the missus for Christmas. So far we have watched three episodes and it seems to tick all the right boxes. Bitchy, slutty behavior by MILFy women just shallow enough to keep it from being too shocking.
If Sex in the City hadn’t already covered the same ground there would already have been a dumbed down American version of it made by now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2013 7:15 PM GMT

The Adventures Of Portland Bill - Atmospheric Interference [DVD]
The Adventures Of Portland Bill - Atmospheric Interference [DVD]
Offered by Discs4all

3.0 out of 5 stars The kids enjoy it, 19 Nov. 2012
and so do I. Soft, gentle and fun for small children. Just as I remembered it from my own childhood.

50 Words for Snow
50 Words for Snow
Offered by produXa UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Melancholy and moody, 29 Feb. 2012
This review is from: 50 Words for Snow (Audio CD)
I would give most of the albums released by Kate Bush in the past 25 years five star ratings. Especially Hounds of Love, The Sensual World and Aerial. This album though doesn't quite do it for me as much as those. That doesn't make it a bad album, on the contrary, it is very good ... just not her best. There is a definite melancholy and moody-ness to it that sets the tempo at a constant low pace. Very good, just not great.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2012 1:37 PM BST

Mobile [DVD]
Mobile [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Kitchen

3.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 29 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Mobile [DVD] (DVD)
An entertaining mini-series with twists and turns. I enjoyed the way the three episodes tell the story from three different angles.

Kriya Ltd Max Sports 19 Inch Archery Set
Kriya Ltd Max Sports 19 Inch Archery Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun birthday present, 29 Feb. 2012
My son got this for his fourth birthday two weeks ago. The novelty hasn't gone over yet and it hasn't broken either. The arrows don't stick to anything I aim at but the darts from the blow pipe do.

This Is The Story
This Is The Story

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant collection of songs to pick you up, 2 Nov. 2010
This review is from: This Is The Story (Audio CD)
I can't testify to the quality of other albums by The Proclaimers, but I can declare that this one is a brilliant collection of songs that I have a very personal attachment to. I picked this up on cassette around about the time of the divorce from my first wife. The songs and music contained on that cassette played a major role in getting me through that very tough time.

I guess the albums genius is simply down to the talent of The Proclaimers, as the album doesn't depend on virtuoso musicianship or surgical studio production. Instead all you get is solid song writing delivered with a gritty sort of integrity. The atmosphere blows hot and cold throughout with moments of wry humor supported with abrupt honesty about the cold facts of life.

So when at the time when I was feeling down and deflated "This Is The Story" armored me with a strong sense of defiance to my situation that meant that I could pick my-self up and move on. For that reason I highly recommend this album to anyone that needs a burst of life to help with living.

Page: 1 | 2