Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop Men's Shop Women's
Profile for Andrew Munro > Reviews

Content by Andrew Munro

Andrew Munro (UK)

You, Only Better: Find Your Strengths, be the Best and Change Your Life.
You, Only Better: Find Your Strengths, be the Best and Change Your Life.
by Nicholas Bate

5.0 out of 5 stars Making Me Better, 25 Nov. 2013
I've enjoyed Nicholas Bate's work for a number of year and this book is a definite high point. The combination of text and drawings is beautifully engaging and the book accomplishes that rare feat of being both theoretically sound and intensely practical. Where many books exhort you to follow your dreams and passions, You, Only Better explains how to do that and what the path might actually look like.

You, Only Better is one of those books that, once read, should never be far from reach. Keep it by the bed, on the desk, or in your bag for regular reference and inspiration.

Fellowes Smart Suites Laptop Riser with USB Hub - Black
Fellowes Smart Suites Laptop Riser with USB Hub - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars The Crucial Dimensions, 21 April 2011
I'm writing this review because during my search for a laptop stand/riser none of the manufacturers' details, or user reviews gave me what I really needed: how much does it raise the laptop by? In the end, I took a guess that this looked closer to my needs than any of the others I could find, regardless of price.

So... Using the two sets of height adjusting feet (each of which gives an additional 1.5 cm of height), the front edge of my PC (a Sony Vaio VGN-SR59XG) is raised about 7.5cm off the desk. The angle of the platform is around 45 degrees so that the lower edge (hinge) of the screen is 22cm off the desk. The bottom edge of the viewable screen is 24.5 cm off the desk. It also means that with the lid fully open, the laptop screen is vertical and sits perfectly alongside the flat-screen monitor on my desk so that I can extend the Windows desktop seamlessly across both screens which was my original reason for searching out a stand in the first place. I'm a happy bunny.

Overall, the construction is pretty sound; a single piece of moulded black plastic with the platform and front pocket made from another sinlge piece of clear plastic. It looks good without being "wow". As another reviewer said, I wouldn't really consider using it without at least one set of rubber feet as that would place the sharp plastic edges on your desk surface.

I hope this helps.

The Old Grey Whistle Test
The Old Grey Whistle Test
Offered by dturner755

2.0 out of 5 stars Damaging the Brand, 21 July 2010
Great, great music but I feel seriously cheated by the fact that only two of the 38 tracks here are actually live versions from the Old Grey Whistle Test itself. A cheap marketing ploy which damages the much respected "brand" of the Old Grey Whistle Test.

I am kicking myself for having been conned.