Profile for L. Milligan > Reviews

L. Milligan (Ayrshire)

WeRChristmas 7 ft Pre-Lit Fibre Optic Christmas Tree, Green
WeRChristmas 7 ft Pre-Lit Fibre Optic Christmas Tree, Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Jan. 2015
Great purchase, as described, easy to put up and store.

Bottoms Up!
Bottoms Up!
by Jeanne Willis

5.0 out of 5 stars Who wouldn't love a book about bottoms, 9 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Bottoms Up! (Paperback)
This is by far my favourite book to read to the kids. It's fun and the illustrations are brilliant. The kids love how silly the rhymes are. They love to sit and look at the pictures, every time they find something new.

Tis The Season
Tis The Season
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 9 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Bosch - Season 1 (Amazon Video)
Titus Welliver was not how I imagined Bosch but he has surprised me and is perfect for the role. I so hope they make a full series, I was disappointed when the episode ended.

Knitting Mochimochi
Knitting Mochimochi
by Anna Hrachovec

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun knitting!, 24 May 2011
This review is from: Knitting Mochimochi (Paperback)
I love this book. I have no interest in knitting jumpers and hats so this book is perfect for me. My kids love everything in it and as soon as I finish knitting an item they are begging me to knit something else. Even my nephews who are 10 and 13 ask me to knit them something. I am not an expert knitter, I hadn't knitted since I was at school over 25 years ago!. I taught myself to knit in the round with help from my mum and you tube videos. Before I bought this book I had only knitted one piece in the round. They book is really easy to follow, it tells you everything you need to know, if you have any difficulty visualising how to knit in the round check out the numerous videos on you tube. I have made a number of mistakes while following the patterns (usually because I wasn't concentrating) but everything I have knitted has come out looking pretty good. My son even won first prize for his Easter bonnet with the knitted mini chicks and bunnies. I have since taught some of my friends to knit in the round and they will be purchasing the book as well.

100 Favourite Action Songs [DVD]
100 Favourite Action Songs [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for little ones, 3 Dec. 2007
My 15 month old daughter loves this DVD. Some of the songs are not how I remember them and they don't always play the whole song but it doesn't matter to my daughter. Each song is long enough to keep her attention. She is alway laughing and dancing along with it and she has picked up a lot of the actions really quickly.

I'm a little insulted by the negative review titled 'Terrible don't waste your money'. My daughter isn't bombarded with cartoon images all day, infact she has never watched the TV as her viewing is strictly monitored and she loves watching this.

Obviously this is no substitute for playing with your children but it has helped me remember all the rhymes.