Profile for Mike > Reviews

Mike (Kent, UK)

My Trusty Sunflower Body Lotion FragranceFree 250ml
My Trusty Sunflower Body Lotion FragranceFree 250ml
Offered by All Mall Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended. I keep a dispenser handy at all times, 11 Feb. 2015
I suffer from sore and cracked finger tips especially in the winter. This cream has really helped and reduced the instance of this problem. Highly recommended. I keep a dispenser handy at all times. Great that income also goes back to patient care.

Artemis: Thomas Kydd 2
Artemis: Thomas Kydd 2
by Julian Stockwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Artemis - a Great Follow up to Kydd, 13 July 2006
This review is from: Artemis: Thomas Kydd 2 (Paperback)
I have just finished both Kydd and Artemis. I found out about the books from my son, who was going to buy me one of the later ones as he knows I love naval history fiction. I asked him to get me the first, though, so I could "start at the beginning".

Well, what a start - I have found both books entralling. Their technical detail is excellent along with very plausible story lines. As another reviewer alluded - the technical jargon can be quite daunting but then , how would it have been to a young pressed landman ..... ????? It helps to let the reader understand what Kydd must have felt like, and we can "learn" with him.

Artemis continues to build on a very strong start and develops more of the (expected future) relationship between Kydd and the enigmatic Renzi - a fascinating "coupling".

The next three books are now at home ready to be taken up. Having a break, though, with the other end of the naval spectrum, a techno-thriller by Patrick Robinson.

I look forward to returning to the 18th century thereafter.

Thanks Julian - stay bent to the task and keep 'em coming !!!

PS Thanks also to Con Campbell at julianstockwin.com who managed to get me a copy of Artemis for my holiday when I could not find one in the shops - great website as well.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2015 4:23 AM BST

Kydd: Thomas Kydd 1
Kydd: Thomas Kydd 1
by Julian Stockwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Stockwin's Kydd Series, 13 July 2006
This review is from: Kydd: Thomas Kydd 1 (Paperback)

I look forward to returning to the 18th century thereafter.

Thanks Julian - stay bent to the task and keep 'em coming !!!