Profile for Farren > Reviews

Pilot G207 Retractable Gel Rollerball 0.7 mm (Pack of 3) - Blue
Pilot G207 Retractable Gel Rollerball 0.7 mm (Pack of 3) - Blue
Offered by AONESTATIONERY

5.0 out of 5 stars Gel pens are the best, 2 Dec. 2016
The thing about gel pens is that the ink is darker, consequently it looks sharper on the page. Try it, you'll see.

These gel pens glide well and having had them for a month I've found they haven't clogged.

They also feel good in your hand.

What else could you want from a pen?

Taylor of Old Bond Street 150g Sandalwood Shaving Cream Bowl
Taylor of Old Bond Street 150g Sandalwood Shaving Cream Bowl

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells nice, lathers well, 2 Dec. 2016
I'm not sure if this shaving cream gives a better shave or more protection than any other cream. But it smells amazing and creates a luxurious lather. That's enough for me,

Philips Sonicare EasyClean HX6511/50 Toothbrush (UK 2-Pin Bathroom Plug)
Philips Sonicare EasyClean HX6511/50 Toothbrush (UK 2-Pin Bathroom Plug)

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid product, 2 Dec. 2016
This is my first sonic toothbrush. I like It!

The battery lasts ages, and it's easy to connect to the charging base.

My teeth feel cleaner than when using a manual.

I'm not sure what I think to the auto turn off after 3 minutes, I kinda wish I could tune it.

Pack of 6 Sticky Fly Catchers / Fly Paper Set for Indoor or Greenhouse use
Pack of 6 Sticky Fly Catchers / Fly Paper Set for Indoor or Greenhouse use
Offered by Switch Socket and Supplies

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 2 Dec. 2016
This stuff is rubbish.

It pulls out like a sticky party popper, except sometimes the ribbon breaks away.

When it does pull out you have to have somewhere ready to hook it.

Finally the flies in our kitchen seemed to spitefully ignore it. The occasional fly that flew into it seemed only hindered and would crawl around.

Notebook Master A4+ dotted Black
Notebook Master A4+ dotted Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner!, 2 Dec. 2016
This is everything a notebook should be.

It opens flat
Pens don't bleed through
Lots of pages
Dots are the new lines in my books; as an engineer who draws the occasional diagram or artistic doodle, dots offer the flexibility to write straight lines whilst also being able to draw pictures without feeling like some rebellious urchin who has crossed the line.

I'm truly, the envy of the office,

Urban Unique European Map Photographic Print Duvet Cover Bed and Pillowcase Set, Muti, Single

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my new duvet, 2 Dec. 2016
This duvet was surprisingly nice, the fabric feels good and the pattern really brightens my room and it stylishly contrasts well with a chocolate throw.

It's not as educational as I was hoping for, it's more of a geological map than one of locations so my geography won't be improving anytime soon.

Anself USB ANT+Stick Compatible With Garmin Forerunner 310XT 405 405CX 410 610 910 011-02209-00
Offered by Hommee Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for virtual training., 2 Dec. 2016
I bought this so I could train on my Tacx bicycle rollers and record the data. This usb stick let me communicate my Garmin cadence, speed and heart rate sensors to my software, Golden Cheetah.

It was fairly easy installing on Windows 7. I plugged it in, drivers failed to download so I googled for ANT+ drivers and downloaded them from the ANT+ website. Then, using the free software Golden Cheetah, I could get my sensors connected.

I'm now able to watch my training on my laptop while I ride.

Premium Assorted Packing Cubes G1: Three cubes included (L: 8.27" x 5.12" x 1.57", M: 7.48" x 3.94" x 1.57", S: 6.3" x 3.94" x 1.57"), water resistant material, green, Mod. TF-012N-GREEN

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for organising!, 26 Mar. 2016
Expensive yes, but these are just what I wanted for traveling. They're perfect for small things that get lost in a bag like medicines, toiletries, all the random bits. I now use a set at home to organise just those things and now need another set for travel.

Ortlieb Back-Roller City Bicycle Bag (1 Pair) - Black, 40 Litre
Ortlieb Back-Roller City Bicycle Bag (1 Pair) - Black, 40 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars the Rolls Royce of Pannier bags, 9 Nov. 2015
Ok, so I've owned these for about 5 months now and I have to review them.

They're amazing, and I want to walk through what makes these bags so great.

Every detail of these bags is considered. They are fully waterproof, we filled it full of water and with the top rolled down properly no water leaked out, even when turning upside down. The material is very strong and feels to be good quality. The bag comes with reflective patches on the side to catch the attention of cars, and stuffing stuff into these bags they always seems to keep their profile and don't bulge out too much.

How these lock onto the pannier frame is genius. The plastic frame ensures the pannier bags don't sag and give a good structural integrity which allows easy lifting on and off the frame. The handle unlocks the clips when lifted and when dropped onto the frame automatically lock on, ensuring this bag won't fall off when sat in the frame. Having two bikes with different style panniers, the ability to adjust the position of all three clips allows me to put the bag in the optimal position using only an Allen key and they hold an incredible amount of weight. I've carried crates of beer in these, overloaded them with heavy shopping and one time I didn't clip it on right and found it was holding a load somewhat comfortably in a single clip. Over 5 months of daily abuse I'd have forgiven some damage.

I love the roll down flap, it's simple with little to break. The bag is designed with loops either side to accommodate a shoulder strap - sadly,sold separately, and I think this can be used in conjunction with the rat pack?

Anyway, you won't be disappointed if you buy these bags.

O-Stand 430794  Side Stand - Black
O-Stand 430794 Side Stand - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but confusing to fit, 30 Sept. 2015
I seem to be the only one who found this mind bogglingly confusing to attach. The item came with no instructions, not even a picture and I couldn't piece together for a while how it fixed on. I've attached two pictures that show how it looks once attached. The kickstand is well positioned on the bike, it doesn't get in the way of the pedals or my pannier bag and isn't too big despite looking it before attaching.

There's a small amount of play in the stand, but it fixes solidly to the bicycle using 5mm bolts and supports my road bike well enough. The leg adjustment is done my twisting the leg like a screw which I like since you can incrementally adjust it to suit.

Overall, pleased.